v Armenia - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

v Armenia

supersub

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

As has been said countless times since Wednesday.............. McTominay wasn;t even the worst defender against Ukraine.

Describing O'Donnell s absolute garbage is way over the top. He has played well most of the time but he gets picked on by a select few on here because of who he plays for. 

O’Donnell doesn’t get picked on because of who he plays for, it’s because he’s a very limited and poor player

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

O’Donnell doesn’t get picked on because of who he plays for, it’s because he’s a very limited and poor player

but calling him absolute garbage is way over the top, he is indeed a limited footballer and definitely behind Patterson but he isn;t absolute garbage

12 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

On the say so of fans. Stats suggest otherwise. Since the Nations League play-offs he has played 15 games for Scotland and in that time Scotland have conceded 15 goals and kept seven clean sheets. Now considering how crap the rest of our defenders were purported to be post-Ukraine match and if we are to believe how poor O'Donnell is then he surely cannot be as poor as all that if he has played alongside poor defenders yet managed to play his part in a team that has kept seven clean sheets.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

Guest Scot1

Im hoping Clarke goes for a back 4 and gets another midfielder on the pitch and tries to dominate possession and territory. Pin Armenia in their own half, Our Centre Half's aren't top class, but they should have enough pace and physicality to deal with any balls over the top.

Id be happy with McKenna and Hendry or Mckenna and Souttar. Hickey as a holding / defensive midfield is also a good shout, worth trying him in there, in my opinion, Hickey or Allan Campbell.

Edited by Scot1

13 hours ago, todd said:

Anyone know what muppets Premier Sports are like to have commentating/ co-commentating on Wednesday?

I would imagine Rory Hamilton will be lead comms as does the Cup games for Premier. No idea who will be alongside, Ally would be ideal

Chatted with him in the pub after Wednesday night but completely forgot to ask if he now has to work the games with the move to Premier

3 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Would have been no worse than Hickey on Wednesday who looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights. That's not a dig at Hickey, it just shows how hard it is to perform at that level and SOD has far from absolute garbage in the majority of his caps. 

SOD is limited but he's rarely let Scotland down and bellends like you calling Scotland players absolute garbage is way over the top. Especially when you would struggle to name games where he has been absolute garbage. 

Edited by Squirrelhumper

Although, without Tierney, it would be tempting to go with a back 4, in reality there are no wide players in the squad so it's probably 3-5-1-1 by default.  I'd rest McGregor (looked tired on Wednesday) and bring in Turnbull to play off the (hopefully) lone striker.

Gordon

Souttar   Hanley  Mckenna

Ralston  McTominay  Gilmour   McGinn    Roberston

Turnbull

Adams

15 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Would have been no worse than Hickey on Wednesday who looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights. That's not a dig at Hickey, it just shows how hard it is to perform at that level and SOD has far from absolute garbage in the majority of his caps. 

SOD is limited but he's rarely let Scotland down and bellends like you calling Scotland players absolute garbage is way over the top. Especially when you would struggle to name games where he has been absolute garbage. 

The thing that bugged me the most with the Hickey situation was everyone seemed to keep passing to his right foot and the few times it was on his left peg nobody was offering an option at all inside.  Got hung out to dry a bit for me and would play him left back this game to get his confidence back up.  

I think SOD benefits from the left hand side being so strong but as you say he's rarely let Scotland down.  He's a journeyman living the dream and in fairness to him he's made the most of his opportunity,  

I think Gilmour will be dropped too - his next move is massive as he can't afford another move like Norwich.  

Various players from the Scotland camp making noises about being over the disappointment now and that they're ready to make up for it.  Personally, I don't really buy it, they're still gonna be mentally drained after such a calamitous performance.  I predict a very uninspiring 1-1 draw tomorrow 😒

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Bellends 😂 you are a twat 

Gordon

Hendry hanley mckenna

Patterson                              robbo

Mcgregor

Armstrong   mcginn

Adams

I would go with that team. I think armstrong deserves more chances and we need some drive in midfield. Patterson is usually a good attacking threat for us so i would like to see him play even though hes not played much club football.

I would give brown and maybe stewart a chance in the second half as well.

7 hours ago, ProudScot said:

First of all how can anyone think McTominay can continue at the back. Clearly Souttar should have kept his place there and should get it back after starring vs Denmark.

O’Donnell is absolute garbage & either Patterson preferably or Ralston should get the start ahead of him. 

Fair enough. But in defence of my post, the formation I put up was the same formation as we started with against England at Wembley (minus David Marshall and Kieran Tierney). Just saying.

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

Bellends 😂 you are a twat 

I'm not the one that goes out his way each squad announcement to give OTT abuse towards Scotland players but whatever floats your boat. 

It's either that or hyping up some third rate English player for a call up. 

Yet to see what part of supporting Scotland makes you proud. 

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

Gordon

Hendry hanley mckenna

Patterson                              robbo

Mcgregor

Armstrong   mcginn

Adams

I would go with that team. I think armstrong deserves more chances and we need some drive in midfield. Patterson is usually a good attacking threat for us so i would like to see him play even though hes not played much club football.

I would give brown and maybe stewart a chance in the second half as well.

A man down already! 

49 minutes ago, Templeton_Peck said:

David Marshall retires from scotland

I think hes making a bit of a mistake, if he does well at hibs then we might need him. We dont have much else coming through and gordon could retire any time in the near future leaving us with a gap to fill.