Scotland Ukraine. Will it go head?…. - Page 27 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Ukraine. Will it go head?….

Malcolm

1 hour ago, Stockholm 1980 said:

Much  as the world and ourselves sympathise with Ukraine the time has come to sort this fixture situation 

Being as generous as possible I’d propose to Ukraine to play the Semi and possible Final in September on the planned Nations League dates, on the proviso that the Ukraine withdraw from the Nations League and also agree they will not be relegated to League C for having to do so.

In June Scotland  play Armenia and Ireland Saturday Tuesday Saturday Tuesday 

4th Scotland v Armenia

7th Scotland v Ireland 

11th Ireland v Scotland

14th Armenia v Scotland

September

Armenia v Ireland 

Ireland v Armenia 

Whatever way you look at it,it is time for it to be sorted out.Where did these rumours of it being 7th June come from?If it is correct...why the f..k don't they just tell us .What's the big secret?They must know by now what they are planning to do....SURELY???

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, thesaint said:

Whatever way you look at it,it is time for it to be sorted out.Where did these rumours of it being 7th June come from?If it is correct...why the f..k don't they just tell us .What's the big secret?They must know by now what they are planning to do....SURELY???

I worry that the fact a new date in June has not been set is because it is not set in stone that it will have to played then and FIFA could allow another extension. Or simply it could be that all parties involved have not held a meeting to discuss the next steps yet so nothing to report.

As shite as things are with Ukraine, I think there needs to be a decision made soon.

I wouldn't grudge Ukraine being able to pull out of the NL (and then in 18 months or whenever possible, they play 3rd in our group over two legs to see who goes down a division).

That gives them a lot of time to be as prepared as they ever will be, to play us and potentially Wales. 

Surely there's some sort of decision coming soon from FIFA. And as harsh as it might sound, you can't have 31 teams qualified in June and still waiting on the final spot to be resolved in autumn! 

23 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

Surely there's some sort of decision coming soon from FIFA. And as harsh as it might sound, you can't have 31 teams qualified in June and still waiting on the final spot to be resolved in autumn! 

FIFA does what FIFA wants, and the rest of us, especially the fans of the teams, can go f**k themselves as far as FIFA are concerned.

I think the sensible solution is to play the World Cup Play-Off game against Ukraine on Sat June 7th when the Nations League game was already scheduled and move that fixture to a later date in the year! 
As to fairness in amount of matches being played and Wales being advantaged by resting the 1st Team prior to the Final, I’d say the Final would have to be the first fixture in September, thus a level playing field for both Finalists and the Nation League fixtures would have to be juggled / rearranged to accommodate this……

38 minutes ago, broraboy said:

I think the sensible solution is to play the World Cup Play-Off game against Ukraine on Sat June 7th when the Nations League game was already scheduled and move that fixture to a later date in the year! 
As to fairness in amount of matches being played and Wales being advantaged by resting the 1st Team prior to the Final, I’d say the Final would have to be the first fixture in September, thus a level playing field for both Finalists and the Nation League fixtures would have to be juggled / rearranged to accommodate this……

Fairness isn’t something that FIFA cares too much about. They will likely want the 32 team line up finalised as soon as possible so I would imagine both playoff matches will be in June. Hard to say though. 

51 minutes ago, broraboy said:

Far too sensible for FIFA.

On 4/5/2022 at 6:28 AM, Caledonian Craig said:

I worry that the fact a new date in June has not been set is because it is not set in stone that it will have to played then and FIFA could allow another extension. Or simply it could be that all parties involved have not held a meeting to discuss the next steps yet so nothing to report.

If they haven't held a meeting to discuss the next steps yet......They should get a rocket up their f..king arses.I would happily light the fuse.

14 hours ago, broraboy said:

June the 7th is a Tuesday. We are due to play Armenia on Saturday the 4th June at hampden. The best bet would to play Ukraine on the 4th and then Wales on the Tuesday if we win. The Armenia game can be moved to some other date. Having the game on a Saturday evening will have hampden roaring. 

8 minutes ago, md1976 said:

June the 7th is a Tuesday. We are due to play Armenia on Saturday the 4th June at hampden. The best bet would to play Ukraine on the 4th and then Wales on the Tuesday if we win. The Armenia game can be moved to some other date. Having the game on a Saturday evening will have hampden roaring. 

I think the sensible solution is to play the World Cup Play-Off game against Ukraine on Tuesday June 7th when the Nations League game was already scheduled and move that fixture to a later date in the year! ( Tuesday not Saturday ) 

md1976 what your proposing is logical but also but plays into the hands of the Welsh as they will play a 2nd string team the night we play the Ukraine, we all understand why and what FIFA have done but going forward, Scotland (if we win) will be at a disadvantage!! 

15 hours ago, broraboy said:

Or make the play-off June 7th and use the scoreline at 90 minutes for the Nations League result too.

4 hours ago, broraboy said:

I think the sensible solution is to play the World Cup Play-Off game against Ukraine on Tuesday June 7th when the Nations League game was already scheduled and move that fixture to a later date in the year! ( Tuesday not Saturday ) 

md1976 what your proposing is logical but also but plays into the hands of the Welsh as they will play a 2nd string team the night we play the Ukraine, we all understand why and what FIFA have done but going forward, Scotland (if we win) will be at a disadvantage!! 

That would mean we play Armenia on the Saturday before we play a world cup play-off semi final on the Tuesday. Do we play a 2nd string team against Armenia or do we play our best team and hope we don’t get any injuries? I’m sure lots of discussions are taking place to try and get it right. 

3 hours ago, md1976 said:

That would mean we play Armenia on the Saturday before we play a world cup play-off semi final on the Tuesday. Do we play a 2nd string team against Armenia or do we play our best team and hope we don’t get any injuries? I’m sure lots of discussions are taking place to try and get it right. 

Play a 2nd string team with the understanding that they are trying to prove they are worthy of a first team slot. Therefore, we may have a player that is high on confidence that could be thrown in in an emergency, or if things aren't going our way and is subbed on.

For that game, I'd love to see the likes of Turnbull, McKenna, Kelly, Souttar, Hickey, Stewart/Nisbet, Jack, all starting. Guys that have a realistic chance of breaking into the first team long term, but aren't likely to start vs Poland.

6 weeks we've known Ukraine can't play this match. 2 weeks since we've known it's Wales in the final.....and we've heard heehaw! 

I get there's a lot of reorganising but surely we've got to hear something soon! 

2 hours ago, dezmondo said:

6 weeks we've known Ukraine can't play this match. 2 weeks since we've known it's Wales in the final.....and we've heard heehaw! 

I get there's a lot of reorganising but surely we've got to hear something soon! 

Don't hold your breath. 

1 hour ago, King Of Paisley said:

Daily Record reporting that reports in Ukraine suggesting that they have been offered either 31st May or 1 June and they will get to pick whats best for them. Also doubling up as the Nations League fixture 

You mean we play one game instead of two?  Hows that going to work?

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

You mean we play one game instead of two?  Hows that going to work?

My guess would be that if the scores were level at the end of 90 minutes then a point apiece for the NL. Extra time and pens to decide the play off. 

Its the Record though. Wouldn't really believe the stuff they print and they are insinuating that the final choice of dates will lie eith Ukraine. Not being funny but are Scotland not getting any say in this? 

2 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

My guess would be that if the scores were level at the end of 90 minutes then a point apiece for the NL. Extra time and pens to decide the play off. 

Its the Record though. Wouldn't really believe the stuff they print and they are insinuating that the final choice of dates will lie eith Ukraine. Not being funny but are Scotland not getting any say in this? 

Knowing the sfa, probably not and quite willing to accept whatever they are handed.

23 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

Cant see the SFA agreeing to that. They would have to refund everyone 1 game that bought the 4 game package.

Is it just me or is there anybody else that can't be arsed with this f..king abomination. Just let us know. This is dragging on to a ridiculous degree. 

29 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Is it just me or is there anybody else that can't be arsed with this f..king abomination. Just let us know. This is dragging on to a ridiculous degree. 

I think everyone is just tying themselves in knots trying to do the right on thing.  It's fuckin exhausting! 

Edited by todd