Scotland Ukraine. Will it go head?…. - Page 29 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Ukraine. Will it go head?….

Malcolm

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Could not agree more. I am disgusted and my heart goes out to the people of Ukraine, its inhumane, and heartbreaking  to see what is happening in their country, but, it is not Scotlands fault, and we should not suffer because they cannot field a team at the moment. We have been more than humane, fair, and respectful of the situation, but there is still a tournament to be played, and countries need to get on with it. Now I am reading their football team will be playing together and preparing far better than us. So for a country, so crippled by war, they seem pretty focused on their football. If I remember when the draw was made, they were all celebrating that they drew Scotland, to me, that was disrespectful. Also remember the last time we played them, Tartan Army supporters were set upon. I have compassion for the genocide that is happening to them, but from a football perspective, they should not get a bye to Qatar. Field a squad, and play your match v Scotland,they have been given time. For the 90 minutes, I hope we fuckin get right tore intae the cunts !! My 2 boys have never seen Scotland play in  World Cup final, it's about time they do...  Alba Gu Brath..🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

100% correct. Suddenly it's ok for them to leave Ukraine and have nothing else to do but prepare for our match. Turns out football is important then. Can't help thinking we are getting shafted in all this. Actually bending over backwards to give them an advantage. Also, we have to go into this match with 100% focus on horsing them, and not on the back of some sort of woke media campaign saying it wouldn't be the end of the world if Ukraine win, and believe me i have heard some of those muppets in the media spouting that guff. The whole problem is mixing sport and politics. A recipe for disaster,and a very slippy slope to go down. 

36 minutes ago, thesaint said:

100% correct. Suddenly it's ok for them to leave Ukraine and have nothing else to do but prepare for our match. Turns out football is important then. Can't help thinking we are getting shafted in all this. Actually bending over backwards to give them an advantage. Also, we have to go into this match with 100% focus on horsing them, and not on the back of some sort of woke media campaign saying it wouldn't be the end of the world if Ukraine win, and believe me i have heard some of those muppets in the media spouting that guff. The whole problem is mixing sport and politics. A recipe for disaster,and a very slippy slope to go down. 

Spot on mate..👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

46 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

Im guessing you've posted the same earlier? 

I do like to congratulate people who agree with me but I didn't think of this at all. No doubt someone will come along and point out its faults. 

Rollling eyes are for its apparent simplicity and why didn't any one else suggest it. 

6 hours ago, thesaint said:

Suddenly it's ok for them to leave Ukraine and have nothing else to do but prepare for our match.

Can't help thinking we are getting shafted in all this.

16 minutes ago, thesaint said:

As far as i was aware, apart from the players who play in other countries the bulk of their players come from those two clubs. 

So, although they are still with their individual clubs (and not with the Ukraine national team) this is clearly all geared towards the play-off - Otherwise they'd be letting other clubs leave.

Play for Dynamo and Shakhtar and you get out of danger.

Play for Karpaty Lviv, Chornomorets Odessa, Metalist Kharkiv or any other club and you're fighting the Russian Army!

27 minutes ago, thesaint said:

As far as i was aware, apart from the players who play in other countries the bulk of their players come from those two clubs. 

Correct aside from a couple of lesser players from Dnipro the whole squad is made up of Dynamo Kiev, Shaktar Donetsk and players playing outside Ukraine. That says to me that there is no excuse whatsoever for Ukraine not playing in June. And it does begin to grate when you read reports like these:- 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/8699598/scotland-world-against-them-playoff-ukraine/

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scotland-warned-face-the-whole-26692588

Charming talk towards a country that has been very understanding about the whole situation.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

13 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Correct aside from a couple of lesser players from Dnipro the whole squad is made up of Dynamo Kiev, Shaktar Donetsk and players playing outside Ukraine. That says to me that there is no excuse whatsoever for Ukraine not playing in June. And it does begin to grate when you read reports like these:- 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/8699598/scotland-world-against-them-playoff-ukraine/

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scotland-warned-face-the-whole-26692588

Charming talk towards a country that has been very understanding about the whole situation.

Just read the article. Fuck him and his arrogant coaching staff !!!!! Scotland Forever 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣

50 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Yep, my sympathy is starting to wear a bit thin now.  Also, the whole world? Not sure if Russia, Turkey, China, etal would agree 🤔 And given the populations of those countries, it could be argued that most of the world will want us to win.

Edited by todd

2 minutes ago, todd said:

Yep, my sympathy is starting to wear a bit thin now.  Also, the whole world? Not sure if Russia, Turkey, China, etal would agree 🤔 

Absolutely. I want to batter these cnuts now !!! Amazing how quickly things can turn on you when you lend a hand, or try to accommodate !!! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👊👊👊

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

All that matters is we are behind SCOTLAND.Couldn't have been more accommodating to them.That talk they are coming out with is disgusting.We are being mugged off in all this.All those f..king morons saying ukraine should be given a bye deserve a swift kick in the ham haws.

I've only read The Sun article, but I don't fully understand all the fury at Ukraine.

I don't think Sydorchuk is being a fanny by saying the world will support Ukraine, a lot of the western world probably will if they don't care about either team.

I think us, Wales and Austria too have been outstanding in all of this.

40 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

I've only read The Sun article, but I don't fully understand all the fury at Ukraine.

I don't think Sydorchuk is being a fanny by saying the world will support Ukraine, a lot of the western world probably will if they don't care about either team.

Made a mug of more like.

3 hours ago, thesaint said:

All that matters is we are behind SCOTLAND.Couldn't have been more accommodating to them.That talk they are coming out with is disgusting.We are being mugged off in all this.All those f..king morons saying ukraine should be given a bye deserve a swift kick in the ham haws.

You can include LingKenny in that list. Saying Ukraine should get a bye to 2026 World Cup Finals.

35 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

Spot on. We love KK, legend, but he is wrong in this time. This is only my opinion, but the Ukranian FA are playing the sympathy card now, and their national football team are gaining a MASSIVE advantage at Scotlands expense.. Their pure arrogance is really getting on ma tits. "The whole world is with us, we can't wait to play in Glasgow !!" Then why the fuckin delay if your sooooo hyped to play us? But, take a couple months off to train  everyday with your teammates at a private training facility,and THEN play us when it suites you? Get to fuck !!!! I said earlier, it's inhuman and heartbreaking what is happening in their country, but you can take yir sympathy card and stick it right up yir hole !!!! Dinnae worry pal, HAMPDEN will be ready for yees, whenever you have the balls to face us !!!! Alba Gu Brath 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

19 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Spot on. We love KK, legend, but he is wrong in this time. This is only my opinion, but the Ukranian FA are playing the sympathy card now, and their national football team are gaining a MASSIVE advantage at Scotlands expense.. Their pure arrogance is really getting on ma tits. "The whole world is with us, we can't wait to play in Glasgow !!" Then why the fuckin delay if your sooooo hyped to play us? But, take a couple months off to train  everyday with your teammates at a private training facility,and THEN play us when it suites you? Get to fuck !!!! I said earlier, it's inhuman and heartbreaking what is happening in their country, but you can take yir sympathy card and stick it right up yir hole !!!! Dinnae worry pal, HAMPDEN will be ready for yees, whenever you have the balls to face us !!!! Alba Gu Brath 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Exactly. Somehow out of all this we are the team that will suffer. Ukraine getting together and playing matches for 2 months is a huge advantage. They will come into our game having been together for 2 months and super fired up for the match. We need to match their determination and more. None of this poor Ukraine stuff. Our heads need to be in the right place. Can't help but feel the media might get into our players heads with all this it won't be such a bad thing if Ukraine win, as it's only football shite. WIN... END OF. THATS WHAT THE FANS WANT.THATS WHAT YOU HAVE TO WANT. CMON SCOTLAND. 

16 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

Must admit that's exactly what I was thinking. Read both articles and really struggling to see what the problem is.

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

Ukraine getting together and playing matches for 2 months is a huge advantage.

It's not Ukraine though... Or is it?

The Ukraine squad is 1/3 Dynamo, 1/3 Shakhtar and 1/3 scattered across other countries.

I wonder what is happening within their training camps.

Is everything geared for the benefit of Dynamo and Shakhtar respectively or is it geared for Ukraine v Scotland?

Are Dynamo and Shakhtar and the Ukrainian FA sharing info; sharing tactical ideas; sharing training programmes.

Dynamo and Shakhtar are rivals so it ought to be unlikely, but it's possible, I suppose.   

10 minutes ago, Marky said:

Must admit that's exactly what I was thinking. Read both articles and really struggling to see what the problem is.

Truth be told, the rest of the world won't give a toss...

... and even if they did, the rest of the world won't be inside Hampden.

There will, however, be 50'000 Scots.