Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 339 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, scotlad said:

He's certainly good enough to be in the squad, IMO, but I guess it depends how pissed off Clarke is with him (it's hard to tell with Clarke, as he usually looks pissed off at the best of times anyway 😂)

Aye trying to second guess Clarke's thinking is a losing battle haha

21 hours ago, Burj_Alba said:

Doig starts for Verona, thought he would sit it out due to all the transfer speculation. Can't believe some of the clubs that are in for him. Good piece of business for the Hibees though. 

Apparently not that good for Hibs.  They’re on 27.5% of the profit, which is currently about £300k.

Conway just scored v West Ham again. Good strikers goal.

Would really like to see him and Hackney in the euros squad just to freshen things up a little and gave them experience.

However we know Clarke's loyalty to a few members and think I read the squad sizes are being downsized back down to 23?

9 minutes ago, Tartan Chris said:

Conway just scored v West Ham again. Good strikers goal.

Would really like to see him and Hackney in the euros squad just to freshen things up a little and gave them experience.

However we know Clarke's loyalty to a few members and think I read the squad sizes are being downsized back down to 23?

Think Hackney has chosen England under 21s over us. 

30 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

Think Hackney has chosen England under 21s over us. 

That's a shame. Last report had him down as "Scotland under 21 player." He'll be playing in the prem in 18 months I think so might not be a loss now but could be in a few years once some of the current regulars are in their early 30s.

Don't really want to mess that position up again like in the late 90s when Gary Mac, Collins and McCall all got old at the same time and retired within a few years.

As much as I love Clarke he has that age old Scottish tendency of not wanting to put that many young players in the squad compared to what Wales do.

Tommy Conway on the scoresheet against West Ham 

Playing well for Bristol City & S.Clarke must rate him to have asked him along to a Scotland training camp 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 

9 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Correct. He will be playing for us eventually. Perfect replacement for McGregor. 

I hope you're right. He was being linked with a move to Spurs a couple of weeks ago.

Tommy Conway needs called up at the earliest possible opportunity. A 21-year-old centre-forward with pace, mobility and an eye for goal - get him in the squad Steve!

7 minutes ago, Tartan Chris said:

That's a shame. Last report had him down as "Scotland under 21 player." He'll be playing in the prem in 18 months I think so might not be a loss now but could be in a few years once some of the current regulars are in their early 30s.

Don't really want to mess that position up again like in the late 90s when Gary Mac, Collins and McCall all got old at the same time and retired within a few years.

As much as I love Clarke he has that age old Scottish tendency of not wanting to put that many young players in the squad compared to what Wales do.

Gilmour, Patterson, hickey, Doig, porteous all pretty young when Clarke called them up. 

Theres not been any other young players worthy of a call up.

Hackney will probably end up playing for us. Can't see him getting a game for England.

25 minutes ago, broraboy said:

Tommy Conway on the scoresheet against West Ham 

Playing well for Bristol City & S.Clarke must rate him to have asked him along to a Scotland training camp 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 

Can see him being a Clarke player works hard, will give defenders lots of problems , with better players around him would probably get a lot more goal, he was getting frustrated at that mehmeti. 

1 hour ago, Tartan Chris said:

Who misses out for them? We can only take 20 outfield players.

PS - I'm excited about Conway, looks a real prospect 👍

Edited by Toepoke

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

I hope you're right. He was being linked with a move to Spurs a couple of weeks ago.

Tommy Conway needs called up at the earliest possible opportunity. A 21-year-old centre-forward with pace, mobility and an eye for goal - get him in the squad Steve!

Yep Conway is playing his way into the next squad