Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 383 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

Good to see Tommy Conway score again, albeit another penalty. I think he's got a good chance of being in the squad in the summer. 

Karamoko Dembele finished the season with another goal too. 9 goals and 14 assists from a number 10 type position is pretty good. Hoping that Steve Clarke has word with him and lets him know if he continues that form at a higher level, he'll likely be in our full team next season. 

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/24/2024 at 9:50 PM, ceudmilefailte said:

Christie immense for Bournemouth again. If you were to believe stats sites he is one of the best players in his position in the EPL. 

But he probably still won't make Garth Crooks' team of the week!

12 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

If, as is quite possible, Hickey, Patterson and Tierney are all ruled out through injury I think we should go to four at the back. The wing-back system only benefits us with the Tierney/Robertson pivot and we are weakened greatly trying to play the same system without Tierney. Porteous has (I think) played as a right-back for Watford this season and Hendry and McKenna as centre-backs with Robertson at left-back. Midfield of five consisting of Christie, McTominay, McGinn, Gilmour and McGregor with Shankland or Dykes or Adams up front.

Agree. Especially as Clarke was always back four man until the Tierney/Robertson conundrum. Lewis Mayo is another who could come in - he can play all across the back four.

14 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Good to see Tommy Conway score again, albeit another penalty. I think he's got a good chance of being in the squad in the summer. 

Karamoko Dembele finished the season with another goal too. 9 goals and 14 assists from a number 10 type position is pretty good. Hoping that Steve Clarke has word with him and lets him know if he continues that form at a higher level, he'll likely be in our full team next season. 

Penalty or not you still have to score them. A lot of big players have missed from 12 yards . Fair play to him and his manager for giving the young lad  the responsibility 

30 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Not seen Dembele play but those are great numbers for a kid playing his first full season of football. Seems like there’s a lot of interest in him.

31 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Dembele has now chosen to represent England.

He won't get a chance with England therefore he will probably play for us or the ivory coast. 

Lol Can we bypass the whole he should stick with England argument and get straight to the 'i will support him but I ain't happy about it'.

1 hour ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Depends on wether he wants to play for ivory coast. They will probably be keeping tabs on him as well.

4 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Cardiff getting battered but Turnbull still decent. Says he's created the most chances in the match (3)

Turnbull is miles out the picture as far as im concerned. Not totally writing him off but imo he needs at least half a season of real top performances at club level befofe he should even be considered again.

52 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Turnbull is miles out the picture as far as im concerned. Not totally writing him off but imo he needs at least half a season of real top performances at club level befofe he should even be considered again.

A couple of weeks ago I think most would agree with that view but with Ferguson out and the real possibility of Armstrong and McTominay also being out, he will come back into contention, especially with it now being a 26 man squad. 

13 hours ago, GHfaeGTA said:

A couple of weeks ago I think most would agree with that view but with Ferguson out and the real possibility of Armstrong and McTominay also being out, he will come back into contention, especially with it now being a 26 man squad. 

You may be correct in terms of Clarkes thinking but id rather have a look at some of the attacking mids that have done better at club level and havent really been involved in previous squads.

Mainly for the reason that I feel you know what you are going to get from Turnbull and that his level generally isnt good enough.

20 hours ago, BookhouseBoys said:

Hasn’t happened yet, but it’s increasingly likely…

Ryan Gauld walking into his first Scotland training session:

giphy.gif

Thats hilarious.

1 hour ago, Reidster78 said:

Turnbull doesn't have the energy toget about the park efficiently. Be better bringing in someone like Miller from Motherwelll

Yeah he always looks classy on the ball but doesn’t seem to be a Steve Clarke type player. 

Lewis Morgan scored again for New York Red Bulls last night. Has to be in with a shout of a squad place. I think Clarke has selected before whilst he wasn’t playing well for Celtic. 

Seems like Gauld played well against him too.