Scottish players in action 21/22 - Page 283 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 21/22

loanhead-tartan

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

McTominay's great crime appeared to be he wasn't a natural defensive midfielder and that he couldn’t cover for the 4 lazy as fuck forward players.

In the right balance of a midfield a box to box midfielder can be lethal like he is for us.  I'd pick him over Mount every day of the week!

Hope he gets a move to a club who'll play to his obvious strengths.

7 hours ago, csinclair said:

Judging by how some of the pundits on Sky etc talk about him it's as if they've never actually seen McTominay play either. He always seems to be portrayed as all physicality and no ability yet his recent games for Scotland show he clearly has ability and just needs to be played in the right position

6 hours ago, scotlad said:

I think a lot of pundits are wilfully ignorant of games played outside the EPL or Champions League - or any fixture not covered by Sky Sports, basically.

You'd think the fact he scored twice against Spain might have opened some eyes, but apparently not.

For me, our 2022-23 player of the year. I think he has been absolutely superb for us in the past 12 months.

As Thistle-Whistle said, a box-to-box midfielder.

7 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Ya wee fibber. You were meaning Gilmour was only 18 and made a mistake and got caught oot.🤤

Nope, I was speaking about Evan Ferguson - my mistake was quoting someone who was speaking about Gilmour! 🤦‍♂️

6 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

For me, our 2022-23 player of the year. I think he has been absolutely superb for us in the past 12 months.

As Thistle-Whistle said, a box-to-box midfielder.

Agreed, he's been an absolute revelation since he started playing further forward.

7 hours ago, scotlad said:

Nope, I was speaking about Evan Ferguson - my mistake was quoting someone who was speaking about Gilmour! 🤦‍♂️

Agreed, he's been an absolute revelation since he started playing further forward.

It was on about the 27th time watching this I realised he passes it in his own half, beasts past their entire midfield and is in the box sniffing a rebound on the first goal - incredible engine on him!

8 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

It was on about the 27th time watching this I realised he passes it in his own half, beasts past their entire midfield and is in the box sniffing a rebound on the first goal - incredible engine on him!

Just your 27th time?  I swear I'm treble that easy 😄

Was wondering what was up with Ross McCrorie as he's not been in the squad yet for Bristol City and FotMob just had it listed as virus.
His manager has now said he's out until January/february time because of surgery on a bacterial infection. Gutted for him as that's a rough start at a new club. 
In the same interview he said Conway will be back in training in October

On 9/5/2023 at 7:56 AM, ThistleWhistle said:

It took me until about my 100th viewing of this to notice the Scots in the home end to the right hand side of the goal. 

Big Norwegian in the white t-shirt next to them looked raging and trying to stop them celebrating. Must’ve been some laugh there! 🤣

37 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

It took me until about my 100th viewing of this to notice the Scots in the home end to the right hand side of the goal. 

Big Norwegian in the white t-shirt next to them looked raging and trying to stop them celebrating. Must’ve been some laugh there! 🤣

It’s the Norwegian supporter taking his hat off in sheer frustration after our second goal that always makes me laugh. Been there many a time as a Scotland supporter. Good being on the other side of it for a change. 

19 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

U19s been Scudded 3-0 against Belgium this afternoon

The Billy Stark effect.

It was a young team, but nevertheless a young team with 4 players getting significant first team football (McKenna, Miller, Watson and One). It was also a young team that has one of our top prospects at any level playing (Rory Wilson) and a number of other extremely highly thought of young players at some huge clubs (McArthur, Jackson, Rice, Frame). There isn't a single 'who' player in the starting line-up, which is notable for a Scotland team given they are all under 19s. That team should not get scudded 3-0 off anyone.

On 9/5/2023 at 7:56 AM, ThistleWhistle said:

nice one!

14 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Some highlights of Gilmour.

That was a bit of a mixed bag tbh. Lots of sideways passes that are obviously important for recycling possession but quite a few of them were a bit lazy. He also gave the ball away with some very poor passes through the lines that were never really on. His touch is immaculate in most instances but he does seem to lose concentration on occasion. His assist for the second goal is a good example - he stabs through the assist I would say luckily after almost losing possession due to a poor touch under no real pressure. On the positive side he appears to be his own biggest critic so I am sure he is actively working to iron out what are fairly minor quibbles.

His good passes were very good though. It's hard to tell from a supercut but it seems a lot of the play is dictated by him too though which is great to see.