Netflix - The Final - Attack on Wembley - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

If you've no seen this yet have a watch, it's amazing.Β (oh and they lose in the end!!Β πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‰)

How the FUCK Wembley is being allowed to host another international MATCH nevermind a tournament is beyond me, must have been a healthy flock of envelopes flying around at that meeting!Β 

Β 

Watch The Final: Attack on Wembley | Netflix Official Site

12 minutes ago, Bzzzz said:

If you've no seen this yet have a watch, it's amazing.Β (oh and they lose in the end!!Β πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‰)

How the FUCK Wembley is being allowed to host another international MATCH nevermind a tournament is beyond me, must have been a healthy flock of envelopes flying around at that meeting!Β 

Β 

Watch The Final: Attack on Wembley | Netflix Official Site

Come on Bzzz, England don't cheat or use underhand tactics, that behaviour is reserved for the foreigners

Β 

Just watched it. 8pm ko on a Saturday in the height of summer. What could possibly go wrong.

Who the fuck throws bottles in the air in a packed area (or anywhere) like that. The police were concentrating on central London rather than the Wembley area due to previous experience. The 2 young lads were surprisingly honest tbf.

22 minutes ago, dan cake said:

I doubt the β€œscene’s” would have been any different at Hampden had Scotland reached a final they were hosting

I'd be genuinely shocked if scotland fans rushed the ground the way the England fans did.Β 

Β 

10 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I'd be genuinely shocked if scotland fans rushed the ground the way the England fans did.Β 

Β 

They weren’t β€œfans”, Glasgow would be carnage we all know that

4 hours ago, dan cake said:

I doubt the β€œscene’s” would have been any different at Hampden had Scotland reached a final they were hosting

agree ; am not convinced on volume of neds though would of been the same ; and surrounds to hampden maybe not as appealing as a gathering/party place for the young team

6 hours ago, Och Aye said:

Just watched it. 8pm ko on a Saturday in the height of summer. What could possibly go wrong.

Who the fuck throws bottles in the air in a packed area (or anywhere) like that. The police were concentrating on central London rather than the Wembley area due to previous experience. The 2 young lads were surprisingly honest tbf.

the blonde kid reminded me of Jay from Inbetweeners ; kind of ironic at the end he was saying people should just grow up (after he's so proud of clambering on top of a bus ...)

7 hours ago, dan cake said:

Disagree, there's no evidence to suggest scotland fans would act in anywhere near the same fashion as the England fans did at euro 2020.Β 

Β 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Disagree, there's no evidence to suggest scotland fans would act in anywhere near the same fashion as the England fans did at euro 2020.Β 

Β 

Bonfire night would suggest otherwiseΒ 

Posted (edited)

I have been to a few Scotland games home and away. Paris comes to mind when the march to the stadium for the 1-0 win. Plenty of drinking and pissing in public spaces but I have never felt we were in danger of causing massive public disturbance on the scale of the Euro final. That said I do think the final was played in exceptional times. Off the back of COVID and also the fact it was known that there was 23000 empty seats in the stadium due to social distancing. I think the police expected fans to congregate around the stadium at 3pm when if fact they were there in numbers 5 hours earlier and getting hammered.

Β 

Β 

Edited by EddardStark

5 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

the blonde kid reminded me of Jay from Inbetweeners ; kind of ironic at the end he was saying people should just grow up (after he's so proud of clambering on top of a bus ...)

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I thought he looked familiar.

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Β 

And the Italian fans would never have got that abuse either.

9 hours ago, dan cake said:

When is Glasgow ever "carnage" for a Scotland game?

Been some huge games over the years and i can't remember the city centre being carnage outside England games and the Italy home game in 2007 when there was a bit of bother with pissheads in the town.

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

When is Glasgow ever "carnage" for a Scotland game?

Been some huge games over the years and i can't remember the city centre being carnage outside England games and the Italy home game in 2007 when there was a bit of bother with pissheads in the town.

Ironically only when we play "them".Β 

1 minute ago, Bzzzz said:

Ironically only when we play "them".Β 

Exactly, even then, it's minimal. Well, it has been past few times.Β 

Last time there was any sort of disorder at a Scotland home game was the play off in 99.

10 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

SameΒ πŸ˜‚

I actually felt sorry for the fowk running and working in the stadium, their fatal mistake was failing to understand what an absolute shower of CUNTS their own support are.Β 

It's a disgrace that they've not been punished suitably for this, and I mean "they" as in the England support.Β 
Not a chance Wembley (and probably not England) should be anywhere near hosting a tournament after that disgrace.Β 

The other nations involved now should all have come out and said "no ta" to co-hosting a tournament with them...Β 

10 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Β 

i was'nt at Euros when Scotland played at Wembley ; but recall there was 20,000 fans there , lot without a ticket - that was an estimated number i recall

saw some footage from Leicester square etc ; and appeared to just be usual squads of guys on the lash , nothing maliciousΒ  - am not sure what that may have looked like if we'd actually reached a final thoughΒ 

mere speculation though

the Columbian marching powder does seemed to be quite favoured down south , which will have an effect on the 'bravado'

In 2001 there must have been upwards of 15,000 Scotland fans that were in Brussells for the World Cup Qualifier - we still had a chance of qualifying

Anyway the ticketing and stewarding outside of the Heysel was a fucking disgrace and fuck knows how there wasn't an almighty crush - it's one of the few times i was a tad scared as i along with others couldnt move

All it would have taken was someone to fall - and that was it

You can imagine the anger - yet there was nae scenes like at Wembley