Scottish players in action 20/21 - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 20/21

romanticscot

2 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Norwich playing on sky sports 1 just now - Hanley starting & McLean on the bench. 

Don’t think McLean has played much since the last international break. Hanley starts every week but you’d feel more secure with Gallagher, Considine etc. 

I think it's more to do with the formation under Clarke that is making guys like considine and gallagher look good. Hanley probably deserves a chance if we are short of centre backs as he might do ok under Clarke like those two have. 

8 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Norwich playing on sky sports 1 just now - Hanley starting & McLean on the bench. 

Don’t think McLean has played much since the last international break. Hanley starts every week but you’d feel more secure with Gallagher, Considine etc. 

Aye, McLean is no longer a starter. He came off the bench the other night and was credited with a scoring a goal but it was an OG in truth.

Hanley has being getting a lot of criticism from the Norwich fans lately. Clarke's calling up of Considine, Porteous and Hanlon suggest that perhaps he doesn't rate Hanley.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

50 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Aye, McLean is no longer a starter. He came off the bench the other night and was credited with a scoring a goal but it was an OG in truth.

Hanley has being getting a lot of criticism from the Norwich fans lately. Clarke's calling up of Considine, Porteous and Hanlon suggest that perhaps he doesn't rate Hanley.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/grant-hanley/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/121385/plus/1?saison=&verein=1123&liga=&wettbewerb=GB2&pos=&trainer_id=

To be fair Hanley been pretty much injuried and hardly played for the last 2 years and only recently came back in to the team, So Clarke really not had a chance to call him up yet.

Edited by bookerman

Just now, Third Lanark said:

Got absolutely no service at all. Don't blame him for not scoring but at least he played the whole match.

I did not see the match, but he got the 90 minutes. Just a shame he had no service as you pointed out. I know he is fast as fuclk, would be nice if he had some of the ball though.. Ach well.. Robertson starting LB for Liverpool today...

1 minute ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I did not see the match, but he got the 90 minutes. Just a shame he had no service as you pointed out. I know he is fast as fuclk, would be nice if he had some of the ball though.. Ach well.. Robertson starting LB for Liverpool today...

Fast as fuck? You getting mixed up with burke? 

2 hours ago, bookerman said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/grant-hanley/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/121385/plus/1?saison=&verein=1123&liga=&wettbewerb=GB2&pos=&trainer_id=

To be fair Hanley been pretty much injuried and hardly played for the last 2 years and only recently came back in to the team, So Clarke really not had a chance to call him up yet.

The Norwich fans online are not at all impressed with him and many want him replaced.

Ryan Porteous has had injury problems and sat out a number of games too in the last couple of years but Clarke still called him up to have a look.

Hanley is well down the pecking order now that we have Scott McTominay, Kieran Tierney, Liam Cooper, Declan Gallagher, Andy Considine and Paul Hanlon all competing for places in the back three. Then there's also young central defenders like Ryan Porteous and Tom McIntyre to consider.

I don't see a way back for Hanley. 

4 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Hanley hadn't played a game since injury prior to the last set of internationals. 

I know I like my stats related rating but Hanley according to those is a well above average championship defender. 

You are right though the Norwich supporters want two new centre backs

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Hanley hadn't played a game since injury prior to the last set of internationals. 

I know I like my stats related rating but Hanley according to those is a well above average championship defender. 

You are right though the Norwich supporters want two new centre backs

Hanley will take a while (6 weeks)  to get up to speed after such a long time out. The Norwich fans can gtf. 

13 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Hanley will take a while (6 weeks)  to get up to speed after such a long time out. The Norwich fans can gtf. 

There's too many players ahead of him in national team's "pecking order" who are in good form and have done absolutely nothing to deserve being dropped such as Andy Considine and Declan Gallagher. I also forgot Scott McKenna from my earlier list. It's going to be extremely difficult for Hanley to get back into the picture again.

There’s no way I’d drop Dykes but he hasn’t scored a non penalty goal or assisted in a club game this season. 

A total of 9 games, 2 games for Livingston and 7 games for QPR. 

He has scored 2 club pens in each league. And has scored 2 and assisted one in our 5 games. That’s all that matters and we don’t have a better option.

38 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Gauld scored a pen today in the top Portuguese league in a 1-1 draw. Seems to be doing well, despite his team playing poorly. Reckon he’s on the verge of a call up but Clarke will wait till next year unless there’s injuries. 

Why would he be on the verge of a call up? I don't understand ppls thinking with regards gauld. Hes playing for the bottom team in Portugal and he's scored 1 pen. There would have to be injuries to several of our midfielders and wingers for him to be due a call up.

I could understand if he was a stand out for decent team in Portugal but he's playing for the equivalent of St Johnstone in Portugal. 

2 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Why would he be on the verge of a call up? I don't understand ppls thinking with regards gauld. Hes playing for the bottom team in Portugal and he's scored 1 pen. There would have to be injuries to several of our midfielders and wingers for him to be due a call up.

I could understand if he was a stand out for decent team in Portugal but he's playing for the equivalent of St Johnstone in Portugal. 

Similar to Shankland I guess. Excelled in lower division and is now playing for a team that could get relegated. Didn’t stop him being called up. 

Gauld has done more at Scottish Premiership level though. 

No.10 is a position we need a bit of depth in too. Fraser was playing out of position there (although obviously did well), and we didn’t have any obvious  options on the bench as Christie was pulled out. 

11 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

I think it's more to do with the formation under Clarke that is making guys like considine and gallagher look good. Hanley probably deserves a chance if we are short of centre backs as he might do ok under Clarke like those two have. 

I think you have nailed it there.Our resident Motherwell fan thinks Gallagher is poor , Considine hasn't overnight become international class and McKenna's return to form has coincided with Aberdeen playing  back three. Don't know if he is looking great for Forrest or not although they haven't been letting many goals since his arrival

The formation is designed to suit defenders, they each have a smaller % of the park to defend so there job must be easier.