Scottish players in action 20/21 - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 20/21

romanticscot

1 minute ago, Tartan Chris said:

Is Lewis Ferguson going to be international quality btw? Or just good on the penalties?

Hard to tell. He wasnt particulary impressive today and Aberdeen were poor despite the goals. He will defo get caps for us but I doubt he will be one of our first choice midfielders considering the competition is quite strong in that position. 

17 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

Yup and he's rubbered us more than once. 

Happy with the lot we've got.

This.

And more importantly I think Clarke wants to play the eligibility rule to its full potential ( Dykes, Cooper) but not going to take any Sh*t from CV caps wanabees.

3 hours ago, Burj_Alba said:

This.

And more importantly I think Clarke wants to play the eligibility rule to its full potential ( Dykes, Cooper) but not going to take any Sh*t from CV caps wanabees.

Liam Cooper was playing with Scotland under age squads as far back as 2008 and has always wanted to play for us.

Clarke didn't have to "play the eligibility rule to its full potential" when it came to Cooper.

Quite interesting that Lewis Ferguson is only 21, seems to be able to take a lot of responsibility and has a strong mentality. Built very strongly as well. Still potential there to get better surely.Be interested to know what are current midfield were like at that age.

8 hours ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Interesting section on Siriki Dembele after hearing more frustratingly good stuff on Souttar. 

Dembele should have been called up after all the pull outs in the last squad. 

There's no proof that Dembele actually wants to play for Scotland.

The SFA surely must be aware of his existence and eligibility but haven't called him up for the U19s or U21s. That suggests to me that he isn't interested in playing for us.

2 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

There's no proof that Dembele actually wants to play for Scotland.

The SFA surely must be aware of his existence and eligibility but haven't called him up for the U19s or U21s. That suggests to me that he isn't interested in playing for us.

Thats all just speculation Tbf. He only started playing pro football at 21 for grimsby according to wiki. Before that he was with the Nike football academy so he may not have been deemed worthy of a call up by the sfa for the youth teams. 

We will only know for sure is if Clarke asks him and he says no. He's probably not worth a call up anyway. He's playing league 1 at the age of 24 so he's not exactly a world beater.