Scottish players in action 20/21 - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players in action 20/21

romanticscot

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

Seems like ariana grande is a fan. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6220204/hickey-bologna-grande-tweet-neilson-hearts/amp/

Its looking good for Hickey but you have to wonder where he will play for Scotland considering we have robertson and Tierney in his position. Granted there will be injuries and Tierney will play CB alot but its a shame if Hickey turns into a top left back but can't get a game for us. 

I`m pretty sure I heard that he's comfortable at right back as well.

15 hours ago, theabsentee said:

One of the major attributes of a top manager is to be able to make changes while the teams doing well. Much as i admire Gallagher & Considine just because we've kept some clean sheets against bang average opposition shouldn't mean they are undroppable. 

I'm not a fan of Grant Hanley but you have to respect the guys been club captain for 2 good level championship/epl clubs. There's no doubt he has limitations & is definitely a player that needs regular game time to reach match sharpness but for me due to his style of play & experience he is the defender i think is most suited to match up to the very physical threat of Mitrovic.

So i really hope Clarke is seriously considering him for that role in Belgrade. 

I was delighted for Considine to get the two caps and play so well, but I think in today's semi final he showed why he shouldn't be retaining the shirt for Serbia. 

Cooper, McKenna and Tierney are our best options for LCB. 

3 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Hasn't Hickey also played in central midfield at least once ?

Oh fuck, here comes Chripper .....

9 minutes ago, COLT NY said:

I`m pretty sure I heard that he's comfortable at right back as well.

Just wish he was a proper right back as he would more than likely be in the sqaud now if not starting.

18 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Noticed Bain was in goal again for Geltic with Barkas on the bench. Has he become first choice at Celtic?

I'm not saying our Goalkeeper situation is perfect but it wasn't that long ago I was pretty pessimistic. Bain, Gordon, McLaughlin (occasionally) are all playing and able to cover Marshall. McCrorie and Doohan are positive for the future as well.

15 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

fair point teach me to just look at stats.

He also got chopped at least once but I think it was twice, one was a booking, as he carried the ball into dangerous areas. And yes, he created the goal. Wilson just had to help it in. A great subby appearance. Pace and direct running caused Everton problems on the break.

5 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Dykes got substituted on the hour for QPR and his replacement scored the winner. Some QPR fans don't rate Dykes at all.

Hopefully not an injury though.

Tom McIntyre started for table topping Reading and they lost 3-0 at home to an average Preston team(they do have a good manager though)

Hes been excellent for us but reality is he didn't have an amazing record at livi and hes not doing that great in the English Championship. Hes 25 and the English championship will probably be his level. Not really bothered as long as he pulls out decent performances for Scotland. 

If we can get Griffiths up and running I would favour him upfront with fraser or burke in the near future and use dykes as a sub most games. 

Saying that he's still a good squad option and has played well so far. 

3 hours ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Daily Record reporting that Mikey Johnston is back in training. Really hope he develops as he could be a good alternative to Fraser.

Or (radical idea incoming) we could use them both on the pitch at the same time ?

9 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Dykes got substituted on the hour for QPR and his replacement scored the winner. Some QPR fans don't rate Dykes at all.

Hopefully not an injury though.

Tom McIntyre started for table topping Reading and they lost 3-0 at home to an average Preston team(they do have a good manager though)

There is still time for Dykes for to turn it around at QPR but that time is admittedly starting to run out. 

Possibly we could see Dykes back in the Scottish Premiership on loan next season perhaps somewhere like Aberdeen, Hibs or Hearts ? Liam Kelly too might prefer a return to Scotland.