Season 20/21 - Page 169 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

As a killie fan obviously gutted but FairPlay to Dundee over the 2 legs really deserved Tommy Wright will now have to build his own team as most of the first team are out of contract it’s going to be a long road back that’s for sure 

3 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Fucking hated that half. Took years off my life. But it was a well deserved win, and promotion. 

Jesus Christ though 😳

Mellon away and the Dundee derbies back. 

Good wee day all round 👍🏼

28 years for Killie. And it was magic. A Scottish cup, a League cup, 4 European adventures or so and a hard fought 3rd place finish. 

Two shite performances and roundly pumped by Dundee in the end, but nobody bows out gracefully.

It's a long way down, but fuck it. Bring on those Ayr bastards. 

See ya later. 

6 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

A teenager on loan from Rangers. What a twat. 

Fear for Brechin though, apparently their nearest away game will now be 50 miles away. The Highland League thing just doesnt seem right 

The authorities were probably just hedging their bets there...

3 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Anyone else feel we could be missing Killie from the SPL for quite a few years.

The majority of that squad probably leaves in the summer for free (or retires) and they don't seem to have many promising young players or sellable assets. Without some investment it looks a long road back for Killie.

I think they're still a big enough team to attract a few new faces of a high standard. The key thing will be to bring in guys on the way down, rather than players already in the Championship (otherwise they'll  end up with a Championship standard team and just get stuck there).

Killie fans must feel absolutely sick tonight. I have been there myself; seeing your team lose over two legs is bad enough but when they lose so meekly, that's what's hard to take.

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

Killie fans must feel absolutely sick tonight.

Correct :(

Massive rebuilding job ahead. Tommy Wright has landed himself the challenge of a lifetime!

An interesting variety of fixtures awaits next year but if it goes pear shaped again it won't be pleasant. 

Oh and congratulations Dundee. Strolled it.

The TV people will be pleased to see all the derbies back.

Me, I'm just numb, and unable to sleep as you can tell. 28 years. I started my first full time job the season we came up, I'm now closer to retirement. Hadn't met my missus, we're now pushing a quarter century together...

Edited by Toepoke

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Oh and congratulations Dundee. Strolled it.

The TV people will be pleased to see all the derbies back.

Me, I'm just numb, and unable to sleep as you can tell. 28 years. I started my first full time job the season we came up, I'm now closer to retirement. Hadn't met my missus, we're now pushing a quarter century together...

We must be a similar age. I also have not slept much. I work in Dundee and I'm going to be getting it tight all day 😬

It's quite sad to see one of the few clubs capable of regularly giving the top 4 a bloody nose go down but they really went with barely a whimper. 

On the plus side the Dundee derby is a welcome addition and that's another plastic abomination away. I'd be surprised if the other clubs failed to take the opportunity to get rid of them once and for all now. 

10 minutes ago, slasher said:

It's quite sad to see one of the few clubs capable of regularly giving the top 4 a bloody nose go down but they really went with barely a whimper. 

On the plus side the Dundee derby is a welcome addition and that's another plastic abomination away. I'd be surprised if the other clubs failed to take the opportunity to get rid of them once and for all now. 

Very sad indeed slasher as a killie fan and to think where we were only two seasons ago and now relegated never been a fan of the plastic pitch my self if you remember years back rugby park had one of the best playing surfaces in the country think the under soil heating fucked the park up at the time so they decided to go for the plastic pitch will be a long road back think Wright as only 5 players in contract and 23 out of contract so a massive clear out is coming