Season 20/21 - Page 170 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

5 minutes ago, wheres the pies said:

Very sad indeed slasher as a killie fan and to think where we were only two seasons ago and now relegated never been a fan of the plastic pitch my self if you remember years back rugby park had one of the best playing surfaces in the country think the under soil heating fucked the park up at the time so they decided to go for the plastic pitch will be a long road back think Wright as only 5 players in contract and 23 out of contract so a massive clear out is coming 

I played on the pitch twice as a kid. Best pitch I ever played on although it was way too big for us at that age. Great experience tho 👍

10 minutes ago, slasher said:

I played on the pitch twice as a kid. Best pitch I ever played on although it was way too big for us at that age. Great experience tho 👍

Think it was one of the biggest playing surfaces in the country maybe 2nd or 3rd did you win that day 😅

9 hours ago, Morrisandmoo said:

28 years for Killie. And it was magic. A Scottish cup, a League cup, 4 European adventures or so and a hard fought 3rd place finish. 

Two shite performances and roundly pumped by Dundee in the end, but nobody bows out gracefully.

It's a long way down, but fuck it. Bring on those Ayr bastards. 

See ya later. 

Ha ha, us Ayr B'stards are awaiting you at the San Somerset! :):)

1 hour ago, wheres the pies said:

remember years back rugby park had one of the best playing surfaces in the country think the under soil heating fucked the park up at the time so they decided to go for the plastic pitch 

The pitch was never the same after the stadium was redeveloped. Because old Rugby Park was more open the grass got extra sunlight during the winter. 

I'd like to get rid of the plastic too but it's a matter of economics. The team can train on it all year round saving further outlay.

4 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

We must be a similar age. I also have not slept much. I work in Dundee and I'm going to be getting it tight all day 😬

Sympathies are with you! It's just the Ayr fans I'm having to deal with at this end.

I get why the zombie huns hate Utd, but why do they hate Killie? Twitter seems full of them revelling in the game last night. Is it just down to Steve Clarke?

Good reply to a finance issue from a Killie fan here though 😂😂

Think it was one of the biggest playing surfaces in the country maybe 2nd or 3rd did you win that day 😅

Aye, can still remember my lungs burning. The only time I've ever experienced cramp playing fitba as well 😂

First time was a Scottish school's cup tie, won that yin 2-1 I think. Second time was when I trained with Motherwell. We played a pre season tournament down there. Pumped some team from Northern Ireland 6-0 in the first game. I can't remember a thing about the second game, I might have been a sub, dunno. Long time ago m8, another lifetime 🤔

I think it was Shotts bon accord. Played there one day with a groin strain. I think Shotts was the biggest but sure Kilmarnock was up there as well.

3 minutes ago, slasher said:

Aye, can still remember my lungs burning. The only time I've ever experienced cramp playing fitba as well 😂

First time was a Scottish school's cup tie, won that yin 2-1 I think. Second time was when I trained with Motherwell. We played a pre season tournament down there. Pumped some team from Northern Ireland 6-0 in the first game. I can't remember a thing about the second game, I might have been a sub, dunno. Long time ago m8, another lifetime 🤔

Well done slasher why don’t you drop Tommy Wright your phone number he’s one or two players short for next season 😂

23 minutes ago, wheres the pies said:

Well done slasher why don’t you drop Tommy Wright your phone number he’s one or two players short for next season 😂

Lol, I pull a hammy tying ma shoelaces these days 🤣

3 hours ago, kumnio said:

I get why the zombie huns hate Utd, but why do they hate Killie? Twitter seems full of them revelling in the game last night. Is it just down to Steve Clarke?

Was a period (mostly under Clarke) when they rarely beat us home or away. 

I love the fact they hate us, how the mighty have fallen when they need to make rivalries with us and Utd!

As for us, last night summed us up since Allesio left - a shambles. Deserved all we got. 

Never seen us play at Arbroath though, so every cloud and all that. 

12 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Correct :(

Massive rebuilding job ahead. Tommy Wright has landed himself the challenge of a lifetime!

An interesting variety of fixtures awaits next year but if it goes pear shaped again it won't be pleasant. 

Ach, chin up, it's not that bad.  Your fixtures don't get fucked about with as much, your season ticket should cost a bit less, you'll get to visit some grounds you haven't been to in a while and...well, that's about it.  

4 hours ago, kumnio said:

I thought they hated most things.  🤷‍♂️

It's the vanity of the OF - everything revolves around them.  I saw a Celtic fan on Twitter earlier revelling in Killie's relegation because they had the temerity to, in his words, "take a stand off" Celtic when they played at Rugby Park. 

Maybe Killie decided they would rather their stand remained in one piece, I don't know, but only in Scotland would the home side choosing to reserve one of its stands for its own supporters be seen as "taking a stand" from the opposition.

20 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

After what Kilmarnock did to Angelo Alessio, this is poetic justice.

Yeah. Alessio's methods were good enough for amateurs like Pogba, Pirlo, Marchisio, Vidal, Immobile, etc, but not good enough for superstars like Gary Dicker, Kirk Broadfoot, Scott Boyd, Alan Power, Rory McKenzie, etc.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/7-horror-mistakes-led-kilmarnock-24178001

Pretty much sums it up.

Teams, outwith the Old Firm, are hesitant to change and adapt to modern ideas or continental ideas.

I remember Ian Cathro being mocked for his use of a laptop. How dare he! What is he, from the future?! His real name isnt Ian McFly, by any chance? 

Nah. That's too modern for Scottish football. Too progressive. He should've used a tablet (a stone one) and some rocks. And made the players run around in every training session till they puke. And tactics? "Punt the ball in the box at every opportunity. By law of averages a goal or two will come out if it".

Scottish football will always be in the dark ages as long as the majority of its players have the power to oust a man who has worked at the very top of the game, like Alessio. Kilmarnock were privileged to have such a man. Now they're in division one. (I refuse to say "Championship")

Well played.

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Should obviously say Malky 🤣

first the dinosaur that is Yogi Hughes and then a racist homophobe. Ross County certainly going about endearing themselves to their fans. When it crashes and burns under Mackay, as his record would seem to suggest is likely, then maybe worth keeping Nigel Farage or Tim Martin in the loop. 

5 hours ago, Return of Yermaw said:

first the dinosaur that is Yogi Hughes and then a racist homophobe. Ross County certainly going about endearing themselves to their fans. When it crashes and burns under Mackay, as his record would seem to suggest is likely, then maybe worth keeping Nigel Farage or Tim Martin in the loop. 

At least the dinosaur kept them up.