Season 20/21 - Page 164 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

4 hours ago, kumnio said:

Scotty, why are you trying to crucify Fairbairn, who is clearly a decent guy?

Im not.

Why do you think that?

Is it because I pointed out the contradiction in his post?

And because I'm stating that anyone who puts money directly into Sevco share in being responsible for keeping sectarianism alive?

He knows that a section of his club are vermin...

A very large 'section', yes.

...but it’s still his club.

Fine, he has freewill (but he's not innocent).

2 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Wow !! I would be banned permanently for what you wrote. Why am I a cock? Why a permanent ban? Honestly. Is this another Aberdeen thing. Seems you, Dandydunn, and Scotty at it again...

How so?

50 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Good for you. Your medal awaits. Fairbairn has supported this club his whole life apparantly. He has every right to support his club till the day he dies. He has no time for the manky mob of his club. He has no control over it. But hey, Scotty has his knickers in a twist and thinks he should abandon his club.. Who are you to judge someone? You always come across all fuckin prim and proper, well let me tell you, you are not always correct. I'm the same as Fairbairn. There are things that an element of MY club do that make me sick, but I will continue to support Celtic. It's my God given right.. So lay off folk...

Aye, you're the one he wants sticking up for him. :lol:

29 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

How so?

Aye, you're the one he wants sticking up for him. :lol:

Dear lord. There is no getting through to you.. Aye ok Scotty..You are untouchable. You know everything and you are always in the right. My bad..

13 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

What songs do I sing? Please elaborate... one thing also, and pay attention

Whether your fans are 15 or 65, they are still representing your disgusting club, so that excuse does not hold any water..  Now, what songs do I, Big Ramy sing.. I'm curious. 

You are on record here before saying you had the 'Reb' songs blasting out before an OF game Ramy.  Not blaming you for that, my brothers in law do a well.  Sure your local CSC if fond of a tune or two.  No blame though.  Rangers supporters were disgusting on Sat and police should have been given better resources.

12 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Sorry folks, been out having lunch with my Mum and seen that I'm the topic of conversation.  A couple of points, I won't let the actions of a section of the support "bully" me out of supporting the my team.  I've already stopped going to games so happy enough being an armchair fan and not having to put up with that shite face to face.  

Ditto

8 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Footage of the players doing the rounds (allegedly) belting out FTP to Sweet Caroline. 

That's nice 

That type of bigotry is ok with the people ,it's their tradition

39 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

That type of bigotry is ok with the people ,it's their tradition

Morning VA.  What's the topic of discussion today?  Coming from a non-decent Rangers fan  I will ask for Scotty's guidance!!!  Hope you are ok Ramy.  Folk get a bit overexcited using a keyboard to communicate and same with e-mails at work.  I happen to think everyone on here is decent.  Scotland fans and also the guys who pitch in who are English.  Mind of being in Estonia and walking just outside the stadium.  2 guys in front of us with Liverpool accents.  Got talking to them and it turns out they were England fans but got fed up (when the English were causing a lot of bother at that time).  So they started following Scotland and enjoyed it more.  Maybe it was just an excuse to get away from the wives now that I come to think of it!!  Going for a pint today in Edinburgh.  Early retirement is great but looking to do supply teaching for 2-3 days.  Also a wee business but haven't thought of anything solid yet.  Have a good day everyone 👍

10 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Forty something isn't a lifetime.

(And 'Neblo' was older.)

I'm just saying that it can be done.

It would be for me.

You simply weigh up what's more important and do the right thing.

Hardly makes it right.

I can't see how 'Well, I've been exposed to "the sh*te that was being sung" for decades so it's kinda hard to give it up now' being put forth as a strong valid point.

Anyone who has reached an age where they know right from wrong shouldn't IMHO be a paying customer that feeds this vile monster.

We can all see the negative effect it has on society.

Sadly, I'd fear for the safety of anyone (clearly) in a minority that tried to police the ingrained hate of that horde.

Scotty you can dissect as many posts as you want the bottom line is that people aren’t perfect and don't always do the right thing.
 Often they cant be arsed or they feel they dont have enough power to do anything about it. This happens with lots of things in life not just football hooligans. 

I totally disagree with people that say the decent fans cant do anything about it. They could protest en masse to force the club to root out the morons , refuse to purchase season tickets or TV packages, report anyone they recognise who has taken part in violence or sectarian singing. You dont actually have to take these people on physically. 

Fans are the ones that have the power , not the directors. You only need to look at how the super league was brought to its knees. Without the fans the club has no finance. 
The fans can force change if they want it,  and hopefully before someone is killed. 

9 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Wow !! I would be banned permanently for what you wrote. Why am I a cock? Why a permanent ban? Honestly. Is this another Aberdeen thing. Seems you, Dandydunn, and Scotty at it again...

Simple, you're lying in order to point score 

I never mentioned DD or Scotty

2 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Scotty you can dissect as many posts as you want the bottom line is that people aren’t perfect and don't always do the right thing.
 Often they cant be arsed or they feel they dont have enough power to do anything about it. This happens with lots of things in life not just football hooligans. 

I totally disagree with people that say the decent fans cant do anything about it. They could protest en masse to force the club to root out the morons , refuse to purchase season tickets or TV packages, report anyone they recognise who has taken part in violence or sectarian singing. You dont actually have to take these people on physically. 

Fans are the ones that have the power , not the directors. You only need to look at how the super league was brought to its knees. Without the fans the club has no finance. 
The fans can force change if they want it,  and hopefully before someone is killed. 

You know that you are swimming against the tide with majority of Rangers fans Tyder.  I am too long in the tooth now to start arguing with them who is Scottish and who is British.  Done my time with that argument.  But, I agree with Fairbairn (as he is a decent Rangers fan unlike me) I will not be put of Rangers because of it.  Scotty is wrong on this one, you cant change your club I think.  Armadale Thistle and Scotland for me this season.  But I will always be a Rangers (armchair) fan as well.  

2 minutes ago, Redz said:

This

That would be an easy thing to do wouldn't it?  Who do you report 30,000 fans to?  It's a good idea but would never work.  If you ever met me you would know that I have not one bigoted bone in my body.  My father brought me up like that.  Showed me how to change a starter one day on the tractor.  I caught my finger and mentioned the F****n word.  I never mentioned it again.  Biggest skelp over the heid I ever had from him.  Never said it again.

This is what it should be all about.  A wee bit of class.  Rangers supporters deserve to celebrate which I did on Saturday night in the house.  A march from Ibrox to George Square was always going to end in carnage.  Young loonies all souped up.  Seemingly there were a few hundred which doesn't make up the bulk of the Rangers support.  As a non-decent Hun I should have been there!!!!  Stand on.  Heading to Edinburgh for lunch.

Rangers fans organise incredible Burj Khalifa light show in Dubai to mark '55' title triumph (thescottishsun.co.uk)

9 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

You know that you are swimming against the tide with majority of Rangers fans Tyder.  I am too long in the tooth now to start arguing with them who is Scottish and who is British.  Done my time with that argument.  But, I agree with Fairbairn (as he is a decent Rangers fan unlike me) I will not be put of Rangers because of it.  Scotty is wrong on this one, you cant change your club I think.  Armadale Thistle and Scotland for me this season.  But I will always be a Rangers (armchair) fan as well.  

It’s not about being Scottish or British it is about dealing with unacceptable behaviour. What decent fan wants to be associated with those cretins ? Fairbairn has already admitted he watches the games from home to avoid it. How many other good fans are having to do this ? 

The world is changing and this shit will not be tolerated in any decent society . 
So you can sit in your armchair and watch your club remain in the dark ages and its reputation sink further into the mire or you can try to do something about it. 

9 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

This is what it should be all about.  A wee bit of class.  Rangers supporters deserve to celebrate which I did on Saturday night in the house.  A march from Ibrox to George Square was always going to end in carnage.  Young loonies all souped up.  Seemingly there were a few hundred which doesn't make up the bulk of the Rangers support.  As a non-decent Hun I should have been there!!!!  Stand on.  Heading to Edinburgh for lunch.

Rangers fans organise incredible Burj Khalifa light show in Dubai to mark '55' title triumph (thescottishsun.co.uk)

Utter cringe.

Lets just ignore this shall we.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/theatres-were-cleared-stabbings-doc-24121861

11 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

It’s not about being Scottish or British it is about dealing with unacceptable behaviour. What decent fan wants to be associated with those cretins ? Fairbairn has already admitted he watches the games from home to avoid it. How many other good fans are having to do this ? 

The world is changing and this shit will not be tolerated in any decent society . 
So you can sit in your armchair and watch your club remain in the dark ages and its reputation sink further into the mire or you can try to do something about it. 

Utter cringe.

Lets just ignore this shall we.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/theatres-were-cleared-stabbings-doc-24121861

You're wasting your time I'm afraid

41 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I am with him I know,  but if even one decent fan on here tries to make a change then its a start.

I have seen fans everywhere with unacceptable behaviour. Fed up arguing with rangers  fans about it. Believe me I have tried but life too short for all that crap. And you quoted in a post above that the world is changing. Aye and not for the better as far as I can see. Russia/Ukraine. Israel/Palestine. China/America. Need i from  on? There is a lot of hatred in this world and I am fed up arguing against it. Just want to enjoy my life and all that is Scottish. Good day to you  now heading to grass market n Scotland capital. Before I die I have one wish. To see the saltire flying above Edinburgh Castle. 

54 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I am with him I know,  but if even one decent fan on here tries to make a change then its a start.

It’s pointless, there’s a video doing the rounds on Twitter with a couple of young lassies singing “I’d rather be a paki than a Tim”, she was probably outraged at the racism shown towards one of her players a few weeks ago  

This doesn’t just come to them, it’s an ingrained problem that lies deep within their families and friends, all over Glasgow and the west coast of Scotland in particular. 

No amount of people telling rangers or Celtic “fans” that it’s wrong to behave like this as there’s a fair chance they’ve been dragged up that way and will never be able to change. 

Decent fans of both sides have no way of rooting this out, as if they don’t buy season tickets, it’ll just allow the scumbags to get their hands on them and it’ll be full standout belting out this nonsense week upon week. 

I know the sfa/spfl can’t make the clubs accountable for things like this happening, but maybe it’s time for the other 10 clubs to get together and ban all OF fans from stadiums altogether and see if they realise the damage they’re doing after that. 

3 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

It’s pointless, there’s a video doing the rounds on Twitter with a couple of young lassies singing “I’d rather be a paki than a Tim”, she was probably outraged at the racism shown towards one of her players a few weeks ago  

This doesn’t just come to them, it’s an ingrained problem that lies deep within their families and friends, all over Glasgow and the west coast of Scotland in particular. 

No amount of people telling rangers or Celtic “fans” that it’s wrong to behave like this as there’s a fair chance they’ve been dragged up that way and will never be able to change. 

Decent fans of both sides have no way of rooting this out, as if they don’t buy season tickets, it’ll just allow the scumbags to get their hands on them and it’ll be full standout belting out this nonsense week upon week. 

I know the sfa/spfl can’t make the clubs accountable for things like this happening, but maybe it’s time for the other 10 clubs to get together and ban all OF fans from stadiums altogether and see if they realise the damage they’re doing after that. 

Good post. Problem with your last bit is clubs budgets and counting on the OF fans coming? Believe me dd I have tried but you are correct. I am never going to change their minds. I actually think it is getting worse and glad I stopped going 20 years ago. But as fairbairn said, I won't let hooligans chase me away from still being a fan of rangers. I hope u haven't got ramy banned again 🤪

4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Often they cant be arsed or they feel they dont have enough power to do anything about it.
This happens with lots of things in life not just football hooligans. 

And, of course, I realise that.

4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

The quickest and best solution would be to dock the clubs points, ban them from Europe, or make them play behind closed doors.

Once they've been hit in the pocketbook THEN, AND ONLY THEN will we see change. 

4 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Well, I know a few that had stopped supporting Rangers 1872.

(One I used to travel with regularly to Scotland games.)

3 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

And Scotty.  Before I go.  I seem to remember that Aberdeen along with the Hibs casuals were the worst in Scotland at that time for fighting and wrecking places?  Or was I dreaming?

Apples and oranges.

Casuals were a response to be being greatly outnumbered when visiting a hostile Glasgow.

Aberdeen and Hibs could never come remotely close to the numbers Sevco had on Saturday.

(They couldn't pull off a ''Barcelona', 'Manchester', etc.)

The casual thing, then, ended because of the lengthy jail terms they'd face.

Once again, the authorities have to step in.

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I have seen fans everywhere with unacceptable behaviour. Fed up arguing with rangers  fans about it. Believe me I have tried but life too short for all that crap. And you quoted in a post above that the world is changing. Aye and not for the better as far as I can see. Russia/Ukraine. Israel/Palestine. China/America. Need i from  on? There is a lot of hatred in this world and I am fed up arguing against it. Just want to enjoy my life and all that is Scottish. Good day to you  now heading to grass market n Scotland capital. Before I die I have one wish. To see the saltire flying above Edinburgh Castle. 

I do not where to start with the desperate whataboutery in that post. And I was referring to things like racism within football being stamped out when I mentioned that things are changing. 

Carry on doing nothing, I really couldnt give a fook what happens to Rangers, my only interest is that their fans dont drag the rest of Scottish football with them on their race to the gutter. 

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

I have to agree with RH , the only people who will suffer are the other clubs. The Old Firm will get sufficient money from their home games. Its like putting a sticking plaster over the problem. The only way things will change is if the clubs and the supporters make a concerted joint effort.
If the problem supporters are in the minority as we keep getting told they are then there should be a way to eradicate them, but I’ve seen no evidence to suggest either have the appetite to try. Seems it is just too much like hard work.

Anyway I have said enough on the subject I will get back to my ironing and let everyone fight about something else 🙂

I think that a lot of these 'newer' problems are coming from society as a whole.

it seems to me that it is 'hingers oan' and that the vast majority couldn't find ibrox on a map or tell you anything about past players or history.

I worked in Antisocial Behaviour and left as I felt it was getting worse and the younger generations had no concept of right and wrong. Parents had lost control and they were behaving like feral rats. and it was spreading at an alarming rate.

Rangers are no angels in this as I think they have let the 'no one likes us' crew gather a head of steam and they probably encouraged it to an extent.

The worst incidents are outwith the club, and this allows the Neanderthal element to have their day, then you have the political element, where they think your team defines your politics.

The situation as it stands now is that they are of the belief they are untouchable and this leads to the chaos before us.

what an absolute mess!