Gigs 2020 - Page 11 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• 2 weeks later...

Pre gig I wasn’t really feeling it but the Killers were fantastic the other night. Who the fuck told Johnny Marr he could sing though? He did play some great stuff though to be fair.

I’m off to see Far From Saints next. Don’t know anything about them but my mate is a big fan, I’ll check them out nearer the time!

Was at the Ben Ottewell gig at King Tuts last week.  First time I've seen him since I saw Gomez (twice) at Glastonbury in '98.  He played all of Bring It On acoustic.  Always been one of my favourite albums so I was like a pig in shit.  He also hinted about Gomez releasing some new material soon and touring it which would be amazing!

On 8/21/2023 at 10:12 PM, Kirk said:

Blink 182 in a couple of weeks. Rolling back the years. Better no be fulla wee wank teenagers who weren't even born when they started 😂😂 

Update, blink cancelled their gig. Went drinking from 3pm instead, was steaming and went to get a taxi, fell and cracked my heid off the ground. Went home instead of hospital and bled all over the spare bed. Big gash on ma eye/heid and a swollen sore face. Ideal for meeting all my new customers this week. Aff it.

23 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Lightweight. 

It's pathetic how shite at drinking I am now 

21 hours ago, ger intae them said:

Blink and ye’ll miss it

My heid didn't miss the ground that's for sure 😂

• 3 weeks later...

Yasssssssss !! The day is finally here. Mrs.Ramy and me taking train to Toronto to see Clannad.... It's their final tour, one date in Canada, and we have tickets in the 4th row.... I have loved their music for over 30 years. I'm buzzin... Hotel overnight, pool, sauna, dinner, I might even get lucky if Mr.Ramy desperate enough...🤣🤣🤣🤣♥️♥️

5 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Yasssssssss !! The day is finally here. Mrs.Ramy and me taking train to Toronto to see Clannad.... It's their final tour, one date in Canada, and we have tickets in the 4th row.... I have loved their music for over 30 years. I'm buzzin... Hotel overnight, pool, sauna, dinner, I might even get lucky if Mr.Ramy desperate enough...🤣🤣🤣🤣♥️♥️

Enjoy. I've only seen Clannad once, Beach Ballroom, Aberdeen, possibly 1987. Both of our children are named after members of the band!

Waterboys were excellent tonight at the Usher Hall. Had a bit of deja vu. Last time I saw them was about 20 years ago at Cambridge Corn Exchange. Stayed for the encore that night and ended up missing the last train home and ended up having to pay for a 30 mile taxi journey! Thankfully no problem this time. Trains from Edinburgh to Glasgow running later than from Cambridge to London.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/3/2023 at 11:34 PM, Hertsscot said:

Waterboys were excellent tonight at the Usher Hall. Had a bit of deja vu. Last time I saw them was about 20 years ago at Cambridge Corn Exchange. Stayed for the encore that night and ended up missing the last train home and ended up having to pay for a 30 mile taxi journey! Thankfully no problem this time. Trains from Edinburgh to Glasgow running later than from Cambridge to London.

Seen them a few times at the Barras, outstanding live. 

Got Jamie Webster at the Academy and The View at the Grand Hall in Killie before Christmas. 

11 minutes ago, bonzo said:

@aaid Small Fakers tonight at the 100 club.

Funnily enough I was at Altered Image at 229 last night with the drummer’s wife - and other friends as well before you get any ideas.

40th anniversary one-off for Bite, absolutely brilliant.  

33 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

First gig in ages last night - Shed Seven at the Barras. Magnificent. 

Kicked the arse out of it afterwards and didn’t get back to Edinburgh until nearly 6am so might not be allowed out again for a while.  😂

I've seen them every Shedcember for about the last 12 years or so.  Didn't even realise they were playing last night!! 🙄

On 10/3/2023 at 11:34 PM, Hertsscot said:

Was contemplating going to see them here in Carlisle, but it was cancelled due to RACC in the auditorium roof.

It must be bad, all events cancelled till at least the end of 2024. To be honest though the Sands Centre is one shit place to go to.

Edited by scottincarlisle

On 10/27/2023 at 12:07 PM, Fairbairn said:

I've seen them every Shedcember for about the last 12 years or so.  Didn't even realise they were playing last night!! 🙄

Aye, I hadn’t seen them for a few years. Is normally the Academy so was good to see them in the Barras for a change. 

Not got anything lined up next but might try for OCS in Dec if any of my mates are going. 

Just back from Young Fathers at the Usher hall in Edinburgh excellent stuff ,championed as the UK’s best live band and they didn’t disappoint. Added bonus of hearing someone singing/talking who sounds exactly like yourself , none of the English sounding posh Edinburgh pish. 10/10 👍

• 2 weeks later...