Gigs 2020 - Page 8 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

13 hours ago, Malcolm said:

you’d like it.  There will be lots of union jacks there.

no thanks

11 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Got the James Orchestral tour at the Usher Hall in April (and I'll probably go to the Hydro too).  Springsteen at Murrayfield booked too although I find stadium gigs a bit of a grind these days, especially standing, but I'm sure I'll love it when I'm there.  And then it's Pulp at TRNSMT in July when I'm pretty sure I'll be the oldest person there (well actually, Mrs F will!!).

My mate and I have been talking for ages about picking a band we don't know at random and going to see them so we're going to see The Clause at King Tuts in March.  Know nothing about them and we're resisting the temptation to listen before we go.  I'm sure they'll be great....

Think the line up for TRNSMT has got worse every year. Pulp would be decent though

10 hours ago, Kirk said:

no thanks

Think the line up for TRNSMT has got worse every year. Pulp would be decent though

Aye it’s not great this year. Not seen Pulp live since 98 though so will be worth it pretty much just for them. Although Niall Horan is playing the same day so fuck knows that the crowd will be like. 

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Aye it’s not great this year. Not seen Pulp live since 98 though so will be worth it pretty much just for them. Although Niall Horan is playing the same day so fuck knows that the crowd will be like. 

And not forgetting George Ezra….

I last saw Pulp in Ingliston Edinburgh in Feb 96. It was a mid week night,  I was sober and 7 months pregnant. If you can enjoy a gig under those circumstances you definitely are a fan 🙂 I was only 32 , their song ’ Help The Aged ‘ was aimed at people like my gran in the 90’s , now I m teetering into that category 😩

Do not miss Declan Welsh and The Decadent West. They were added a couple weeks ago and made my decision to go . Hamish Hawk is worth a listen too . 

13 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I last saw Pulp in Ingliston Edinburgh in Feb 96. It was a mid week night,  I was sober and 7 months pregnant. If you can enjoy a gig under those circumstances you definitely are a fan 🙂 I was only 32 , their song ’ Help The Aged ‘ was aimed at people like my gran in the 90’s , now I m teetering into that category 😩

Do not miss Declan Welsh and The Decadent West. They were added a couple weeks ago and made my decision to go . Hamish Hawk is worth a listen too . 

One of the support acts to Declan were the Spyres whom I saw in St Luke’s the other night. They were excellent and worth looking out for.

I should have been going to see Aslan in the Classic Grand in a couple of weeks but sadly the gig is off as Christy Dignan (lead singer) has terminal cancer now 😞

Im going to see Aussie comedian Jim Jeffries next month (my mate bought tix) and I can’t get that miserable jambo cunt of a manager out my head, hopefully he’s more fun than that 🙈

Only other gig I have lined up is the Killers at Ingliston in the summer 

On 2/11/2023 at 10:46 AM, TDYER63 said:

I’ve only seen Pulp once and that was at Glastonbury in 98. I most definitely was not sober. 

12 hours ago, slasher said:

One of the support acts to Declan were the Spyres whom I saw in St Luke’s the other night. They were excellent and worth looking out for.

I should have been going to see Aslan in the Classic Grand in a couple of weeks but sadly the gig is off as Christy Dignan (lead singer) has terminal cancer now 😞

Im going to see Aussie comedian Jim Jeffries next month (my mate bought tix) and I can’t get that miserable jambo cunt of a manager out my head, hopefully he’s more fun than that 🙈

Jim Jeffries is brilliant but probably not for anyone that’s easily offended. 

20 hours ago, slasher said:

Jim Jeffries is outstanding, look up some of his videos on Americans and guns

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

Got tickets to relive my old goth days to see The Mission at SWG3 in Glasgow. 

Never been to this venue, any good?

There’s a few different venues within the same complex. Haven’t been to them all but it’s a pretty good set up. 

22 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

Cheers, looks to be in an odd place. Will be staying at the Premier Inn at Pacific Quay so only looks about a 15min walk.

Yeah it’s about that. Just cross the bridge over the Clyde at your hotel and then the Expressway bridge next to the distillery and you’re right there. 

• 2 months later...

Did anyone see the clip of the two members of The View scrapping on stage? I’m guessing that’ll be the end of the band. 
I quite liked some of their stuff but I wouldn’t class myself as a fan. Yon Kyle fella seems like a space cadet 😂

(couldn’t be arsed starting a new gigs thread btw)

2 minutes ago, slasher said:

Did anyone see the clip of the two members of The View scrapping on stage? I’m guessing that’ll be the end of the band. 
I quite liked some of their stuff but I wouldn’t class myself as a fan. Yon Kyle fella seems like a space cadet 😂

(couldn’t be arsed starting a new gigs thread btw)

Didn’t see it but they are meant to be playing at Transmt the day I am going. I don’t mind them , but likewise if they pull out the event they might be replaced by a group I like more 🤞

Just now, TDYER63 said:

Didn’t see it but they are meant to be playing at Transmt the day I am going. I don’t mind them , but likewise if they pull out the event they might be replaced by a group I like more 🤞

Given the footage that’s going around I’ll be very surprised if they play any more gigs at all! There’s clearly a lot of bad blood between the singer and bass player. 

1 hour ago, slasher said:

That’s where I am with them, boy at work plays in a band and is always ahead of the mainstream tipped me off about them years ago. I thought they’d split up tbh after I noticed this

https://dundeerep.co.uk/whats-on/no-love-songs

On 2/9/2023 at 9:05 PM, dandydunn said:

Just started seeing a new lassie and she’s informed me she has a spare ticket for Def Leppard/Motley Crue at Glasgow green in July. 

She’s already a keeper. 

Nearly £200 for a hotel in Glasgow CC for one night 🙈

2 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

Have you looked at somewhere like the Premier Inn at Cambuslang? Its about a 30 min walk to Parkhead so it's not that much further. Must be plenty of buses go that way.

All premier inns are the same as it’s transmit the next day, we’re in the city centre one 🙈

14 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Nearly £200 for a hotel in Glasgow CC for one night 🙈

are you not following my loons wedding thread ? I told you weeks ago the price of accommodation .

all my family from the deen  are staying anywhere from cambuslang to kilmarnock in order to attend the nuptials