General Election 2019 - Page 44 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

General Election 2019

1 hour ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Just voted and looked like a high turn out.  

I'm on another message board for English  Non League football and without exception everyone has commented how busy the polling stations are compared to normal.  Lots saying they had to queue which is unheard of.  Lots of young people voting as wel. 

2 minutes ago, phart said:

Is that Johnson's seat? I giess i could google.

Yes, it looks like it going to be very uncomfortable for him.  Reports that the Lib Dem vote has collapsed with lots tactically voting for Labour. 

3 minutes ago, aaid said:

I'm on another message board for English  Non League football and without exception everyone has commented how busy the polling stations are compared to normal.  Lots saying they had to queue which is unheard of.  Lots of young people voting as wel. 

Aye same here in Bournemouth with a big student population 

This must be one of the least predictable election in some ways. It feels lass predictable than any recent ones, I think. 

Could there be a last minute Youthquake? a massive tactical voting swing against the tories? but enough to dislodge them  in scotland?

There seem to be a fair few marginal seats in Scotland. And who knows which way the increased turnout will swing?

People seem to be talking about a Tory majority or a Labour led hung parliament but no one seems to imagine a Tory minority propped up by LibDems? 

I saw somewhere that Johnson actually active in his own constituency tonight, as if a last minute shoring up operation. Also thought I saw something where he didn't vote in his own constituency? Need to check that. But wouldn't that be sweet, if he lost and didn't even vote for himself! Even if Tories won overall, he'd be the most rubbish PM in living memory. 

Also heard that Swinson spotted in East Dunbartonshire, for the first time  in the whole campaign. That would be sweet too. 

6 minutes ago, wheres the pies said:

Yes labour candidate is only 1% behind apparently so very tight here’s hoping bojo the clown loses his seat and indeed the election  

There was a fake tweet doing the rounds yesterday and today from "BrianElects" impersonating BritainElects, the polling service.

That had a fake poll showing that Labour were 1pt behind.

it would be the supreme irony of ironies if a fake tweet had pushed some wavering Lib Dems and Greens to vote Labour and that was enough to beat Johnson  

5 minutes ago, exile said:

I saw somewhere that Johnson actually active in his own constituency tonight, as if a last minute shoring up operation. Also thought I saw something where he didn't vote in his own constituency? Need to check that. But wouldn't that be sweet, if he lost and didn't even vote for himself! Even if Tories won overall, he'd be the most rubbish PM in living memory. 

Also heard that Swinson spotted in East Dunbartonshire, for the first time  in the whole campaign. That would be sweet too. 

He voted in Westminster, he doesn't have a house in his constituency.   In fact, apart from 10 Downing Street, I'm not sure he has a house anywhere since his wife kicked him out.  Remember before he became PM, he was crashing at his bidey-in's flat. 

Edited by aaid

3 minutes ago, aaid said:

He voted in Westminster, he doesn't have a house in his constituency.   In fact, apart from 10 Downing Street, I'm not sure he has a house anywhere since his wife kicked him out.  Remember before he became PM, he was crashing at his bidey-in's flat. 

Yes, I just checked (it's in for example the Mirror and the Telegraph), apparently he voted near Downing St cos he couldn't be arsed travelling to his own constituency.

2 minutes ago, exile said:

Yes, I just checked (it's in for example the Mirror and the Telegraph), apparently he voted near Downing St cos he couldn't be arsed travelling to his own constituency.

I'd be genuinely amazed if he had a house in his constituency and he's not alone in that.

If he's voted in Westminster that's because he's registered there.

He's in Uxbridge now though, desperately trying to save his skin by the sounds of things. 

11 minutes ago, phart said:

My mate says someone he was speaking to had SNP down as getting 28 seats. Which seems weird. My mate is pretty well connected on a few things as well. Attending meetings under chatham house rules and all that jazz.

Wow that would be a political earthquake up here

3 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Wow that would be a political earthquake up here

The person who told him has been close friends with an SNP politician for years. (sorry for being vague but doubt my mate would want his words repeated in full on a random website.)

Can't help feeling just need to be stoic - as the unknowable forces of the electorate do their thing, we can only watch, as  events take their course....  it's out of our hands now (apart from those nipping off to polling station right now!) 

That 10pm exit poll could be squeaky bum time!

Just now, exile said:

Can't help feeling just need to be stoic - as the unknowable forces of the electorate do their thing, we can only watch, as  events take their course....  it's out of our hands now (apart from those nipping off to polling station right now!) 

That 10pm exit poll could be squeaky bum time!

youthquake trending as well. Seems the young vote has apparently been mobolised, surely not to vote Tory?