Team for San Marino

ICT fan Shaun

For this one I'd go 4-4-2.

Marshall

O'Donnell, Gallagher, Devlin, Robertson 

Forrest, Fleck, McTominay, Snodgrass 

Christie 

Shankland . 

I was going to put McLaughlin in ahead of Marshall but thought that would be harsh on Marshall who, apart from tonight, has been excellent for us. 

Liam Palmer and Charlie Mulgrew need dropped so I put in SOD and Gallagher. 

I suspect Burke is out injured so it's Shankland to start, with Christie just behind him in a 4-4-1-1 formation. 

Its the same old issues, defence is a shambles. We were doing ok for 60 ofd minutes, this should all be character building. We have to be ready for March but one of the other issues is we are pretty much a certain to be a pot 4 team for the World Cup draw now. 

We should try 3-5-2 but I'd rather try it with some of our better defenders back. Our squad is so fragile and our players are lo lightweight and got muscled off the back too many times.

7 hours ago, ICT fan Shaun said:

For this one I'd go 4-4-2.

Marshall

O'Donnell, Gallagher, Devlin, Robertson 

Forrest, Fleck, McTominay, Snodgrass 

Christie 

Shankland . 

I was going to put McLaughlin in ahead of Marshall but thought that would be harsh on Marshall who, apart from tonight, has been excellent for us. 

Liam Palmer and Charlie Mulgrew need dropped so I put in SOD and Gallagher. 

I suspect Burke is out injured so it's Shankland to start, with Christie just behind him in a 4-4-1-1 formation. 

What did Marshall do wrong last night?  First 2 Goals were fantastic strikes and his defense were to blame for the next 2!

I would keep Palmer in, SOD is chronic!  My only complaint was how narrow he was playing at times but I noticed Robertson doing the same quite often so maybe he was instructed to.

Agree with Mulgrew being dropped, he's done unfortunately and has been for a while.

Can't argue with the rest of your choices.

After last nights fiasco

My Maw

4 Year old Grand son, Winnie Bunny Rabbit, Tigger Bunny Rabbit, 7 year Old Grand daughter

My Mother in Law, Next doors dug, Mr Fluffy Bunny Rabbit, My Missus

Me, The guy fae the kebab shop

cannae dae any worse than last night.

2 hours ago, Grumpyauldgit said:

After last nights fiasco

My Maw

4 Year old Grand son, Winnie Bunny Rabbit, Tigger Bunny Rabbit, 7 year Old Grand daughter

My Mother in Law, Next doors dug, Mr Fluffy Bunny Rabbit, My Missus

Me, The guy fae the kebab shop

cannae dae any worse than last night.

" Next doors dug"

Don't agree. He disny track back. 

Get him to the vet.

I suspect he will probably go back to a more McLeish looking team, with Forrest and Farser starting. 

Probably see McGregor dropped and Christie and McTominay starting.

Unless he puts a SOS call out today for a replacement striker, only option is Shankland to start.

Guest ElChris04

4-2-3-1 

Marshall

Palmer-Findlay-Gallagher-Robertson

McTominay-McGregor 

Forrest-Christie-Fraser

Shankland 

if it was up to me Mulgrew doesn’t get called up again. Waste of a shirt, well and truly past it and stopping a younger CB from getting experience. Would Give Findlay and Gallagher there first caps. Shankland gets in and hopfully grapes a goal or 2. 

Edited by ElChris04

I think I'd go with the team as close as possible to the XI I'd want to be starting in the November and March games.  I wouldn't be making big changes to the formation.

Marshall

Palmer     Gallagher     Findlay     Robertson

McTominay

Forrest     McGinn     Christie     Fraser

Burke

Fleck, McGinn and McGregor all hid again last night, so all out of the side.
Christie always looks lively.
Use our pace out wide, Burke and Fraser should be effective.
Shankland continues up top as he didn't look bad 2nd half and he's the only goal scorer in the squad.
Marshall and Palmer did ok, so keep them in.
As good a game as any to blood Findlay and Gallagher, see if they can handle it.

Screenshot_2019-10-11 Football Formation Creator - Make Your Team and Share Tactics.png

It really is a total waste of time this game and it  will prove absolutely nothing

Shankland scores goals- so what

We keep a clean sheet- so what.

Marshall has to go, I mean count up his saves since Clarke took over and keepers also have the biggest role to play at set pieces. Good at them aren't we, Stick McLaughlin in and he might have a corner to deal with an possibly a deflected shot, no matter what he does it proves nothing.

Would be as well by playing our worst eleven and seeing how many of them can cope or playing our best 11 players out of position and rotate them until we find a right back.

I really cant be bothered with this one.

From now on I'm going to wait until the team is announced for games and if I don't like it I'm going to take the £25 hit and go to the movies.

Agree to an extent, but we need to start somewhere.

As Clarke said yesterday he hopes this is the lowest of the low.

Yes, a pub team, the worst team in UEFA etc ; but I hope we play out of our arses and put 7 or more goals past them.

Too naive and optimistic, probably, but we have 3 games and 3 winnable games to put some form together before those playoffs.

1 hour ago, Alan said:

Marshall

O'Donnell, Gallagher, Mulgrew, Robertson 

MacGregor, McTominay

Forrest Christie Fraser

Russell

At least someone has picked Russell. Flies from the other side of the Atlantic to join up with the squad.  Always turns up to mostly warm the bench. I would play him too 

Marshall
Palmer Gallacher Findlay Robbo

McTominay McGinn
Russell          Christie         Fraser
                     Shankland

Been a big fan of Mulgrew over the years but sad to say he's past it. Never really rated Devlin so give the 2 new boys a chance. Not been convinced by McGregor in the past few games.