The Weather thread - Page 25 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, fringo said:

Might need a slight trim ?

5 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Should've done it before going on holiday. 

3 hours ago, Bobster said:

I thought it was a before and after! 😅

😂 aye very funny. No holiday trimming in this house…

Our house backs onto sheltered housing and the council are supposed to cut that hedge every other year so that we are taking it in turns. We have lived there 14 years and they have never cut it once.

Mr Tidy downed his ladders this year and went on strike . The hedge ended up about 12 foot high . The cooncil eventually came because a resident was getting plagued by insects as  the hedge was right at his window. Mr Tidy offered them his hornet trap but it was politely turned down. 

The lazy bassa cooncil only cut one length of hedge , the hedge on the left also backs onto sheltered housing but nobody had an insect infestation so they just gave the top a wee covid haircut and buggered off. 

14 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 aye very funny. No holiday trimming in this house…

Our house backs onto sheltered housing and the council are supposed to cut that hedge every other year so that we are taking it in turns. We have lived there 14 years and they have never cut it once.

Mr Tidy downed his ladders this year and went on strike . The hedge ended up about 12 foot high . The cooncil eventually came because a resident was getting plagued by insects as  the hedge was right at his window. Mr Tidy offered them his hornet trap but it was politely turned down. 

The lazy bassa cooncil only cut one length of hedge , the hedge on the left also backs onto sheltered housing but nobody had an insect infestation so they just gave the top a wee covid haircut and buggered off. 

What's a hornet trap? Is it like a honey trap but with a nastier outcome 😬

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I was hoping no one would interested enough to ask that question. But since you have …..

Thank you, I buzzed back to 2018 and enjoyed your Ronnie Corbett style monologue plus the rest of the thread 😊 We've still got live/dead wasps appearing in our living room daily but think the hornet trap is a (jammy) bridge too far...

20 hours ago, StirlingEgg said:

Thank you, I buzzed back to 2018 and enjoyed your Ronnie Corbett style monologue plus the rest of the thread 😊 We've still got live/dead wasps appearing in our living room daily but think the hornet trap is a (jammy) bridge too far...

😂 Ronnie Corbett. He is about the same height as me I suppose . 

I will need to contact GMan I miss her on here. And whatever happened to sbcmfc, I liked him. He mostly posted on the non ta section and was a rare voice of reason. I sometimes feel like Alice at the Mad Hatters Tea Party if I stumble in there by mistake 😁

5 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 Ronnie Corbett. He is about the same height as me I suppose . 

I will need to contact GMan I miss her on here. And whatever happened to sbcmfc, I liked him. He mostly posted on the non ta section and was a rare voice of reason. I sometimes feel like Alice at the Mad Hatters Tea Party if I stumble in there by mistake 😁

I'm afraid to ask about past posters in case it turns out they're no longer with us 😬

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ireland getting it tight

Containers at Dublin Port are being blown over

GEZdVZOWcAAzQe2.thumb.jpg.68128298570f89d398098d7f650c8d3e.jpg

And most of Northern Ireland has no power

GEZfvhgX0AAt7sE.jpg.303c3edf95c00f78117f8afa668265d5.jpg

My garden fence is no longer where it should be. Its having a wee rest flat on the ground a few meters from where it should be. Hopefully its had enough of an adventure, and doesn't get any further away.