The Weather thread - Page 23 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

51 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Normally in Scotland when you get a massive plump of rain things cool down

Have you noticed that isnt happening lately  ?

Thankfully not. The rain is bad enough without it being baltic. 

Been pishing down but at least the golf course is drying up quickly. 

All these folk moaning about temps in the mid 20s last month. Give me that over this pish any day. 

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Normally in Scotland when you get a massive plump of rain things cool down

Have you noticed that isnt happening lately  ?

Obviously hard to tell but it's been a huge sudden jump, el nino has started now so obviously that affects sea temperatures. Many factors in play, like less pollution so the albedo of the atmosphere less so more sunlight getting down.

We're heading for a year that is way above even a couple of standard deviations. Whether this is a statistical anomaly or the way things are going to be moving forward is a huge question.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Thankfully not. The rain is bad enough without it being baltic. 

Been pishing down but at least the golf course is drying up quickly. 

All these folk moaning about temps in the mid 20s last month. Give me that over this pish any day. 

It's more the unusual (for Scotland) humidity that comes with it - the last humid spell lasted for 5 days

Felt like Rod Steiger & Sidney Poitier 

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

Think it has rained for the last ten days in Dundee, and more forecast for about the next week. Its meant to be the middle of Summer, but July has been absolutely dreadful.

Welcome to a Weegie summer!

12 hours ago, kumnio said:

Think it has rained for the last ten days in Dundee, and more forecast for about the next week. Its meant to be the middle of Summer, but July has been absolutely dreadful.

The golf courses were needing a bit of rain. 

12 hours ago, kumnio said:

charts not improving one little bit, high pressure lodges in the Atlantic with low pressure systems running down the outside if it from Iceland onto us,, no sign of this set up changing in the next 10 days,, a little change to the high pressure location would be the deference between an indian summer and a total wash out 

4 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You better believe it!

I work mainly so i can go plenty of holidays. Last thing i need is Scottish weather when i go on them! 

Croatia is fairly unpredictable till mid June. Earlier than that you are likely to get rain at some point. We were there the first week in June and although it was mainly lovely there was a couple of days they had showers. 

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

I like Scottish weather. Don't understand why folk moan about it so much.

The cold is fine, light drizzle is fine. But does it have to be decent everyday until 5pm, then absolutely pish down, for 12 days in a row.

4 hours ago, kumnio said:

The cold is fine, light drizzle is fine. But does it have to be decent everyday until 5pm, then absolutely pish down, for 12 days in a row.

I'm in Dundee and it's not been decent until 5pm ? Been raining on and off multiple times each day. Some breaks of sun, then cloud, wind more rain etc etc. Miserable weather with the occasional break of sunshine.

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Sitting out the back again, second weekend in a row that the forecast's been dreadful and it's turned out OK.

I've noticed that they now start the TV weather with a section on what the weather has been like today, and they sometimes don't even get that right. 🤣 Look out of the windows ya dafties. I'm not interested in what the weather has been like, I want them to give me a decent idea what it's going to be like tomorrow. 

51 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Yes it's taken a turn. Still the grass is cut.

I am very impressed . You have to take these small windows of opportunity before the windows are battered with rain.
Daughter gets married next weekend its no looking that promising. 

8 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Looking like the start of august at least before we see this depressing weather set up removed with something that resembles summer,, depressing 

Seems to be following a similar path to that predicted by climatologists. Extreme heat in southern Europe, milder wetter summers for the British Isles.