The Weather thread - Page 24 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, Grim Jim said:

And windy.   Nobody else think it's been a bit fekkin' breezy all 'summer'?

I know I've had to start walkin' a wee dug, but I've hardly been on my bike this year.   Headwinds are worse than hills!

I was thinking the opposite. Hardly played golf in the wind all year. I'm getting concerned that all these windmills are sucking the wind out of the atmosphere.

1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

I was thinking the opposite. Hardly played golf in the wind all year. I'm getting concerned that all these windmills are sucking the wind out of the atmosphere.

😆 and despite the cooler temperatures recently thankfully there is still an abundance of hot air on here. 

16 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Seems to be following a similar path to that predicted by climatologists. Extreme heat in southern Europe, milder wetter summers for the British Isles. 

I would argue Europe isn’t really in as massive a heat wave as portrayed,, here is yesterday temps vs 30 year average.

IMG_3384.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2023 at 12:50 PM, kumnio said:

The cold is fine, light drizzle is fine. But does it have to be decent everyday until 5pm, then absolutely pish down, for 12 days in a row.

My mrs has been raging that the few days it has been nice recently, as soon as she gets home about 5.15 the sun fucks off for rain or just clouds haha.

Has anyone else noticed how often it gets cooler around 9/10 o'clock - so much so that you think you might blast the central heating for a bit - but then around midnight it starts getting humidish again ?

It's fucking annoying

3 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Has anyone else noticed how often it gets cooler around 9/10 o'clock - so much so that you think you might blast the central heating for a bit - but then around midnight it starts getting humidish again ?

It's fucking annoying

Whoa there Rockefeller! The heatings no allowed back on til the clocks go back.

I've told my Mrs it's the law.

15 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

It's fucking annoying

I used to have a heating system like that. Maybe you need a new boiler if it's taking that long to have an effect? 

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

I used to have a heating system like that. Maybe you need a new boiler if it's taking that long to have an effect? 

I meant the central heating is off and has been for a while - but around 10pm you think the radiators could do with a wee blast of heat as it's a bit nippy so you turn it on for 10 mins then back off 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Wee bit wet today folks...

They also cancelled west coast trains to London.   My son's ~4am train was cancelled ~1am this morning, so couldn't make his Eurostar connection.

His French holiday rescued by EasyJet, but expensive partly due to the Rugby WC, but also having to put his bike on a plane.

Edited by Grim Jim