Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15 - Page 85 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15

"Not all DUP politicians are Sabbatarians, but enough are to make it party policy to avoid being seen to negotiate on a Sunday.

It was no coincidence that a DUP statement effectively denying that any final deal with Theresa May had been reached was published at midnight exactly, not one minute past."

The government is falling to bits and we've got to wait a day till these clowns get their act together.

Probably spent all day praying for guidance. Dont know what's God's current response time is but since it's all made up shtie should be good to go for Monday, could be a fun week.

Presumably we're down to 4 day week for negotiations now, Christians can't do Sunday, jews can't do Saturday and Muslims can't do Fridays or Ramadan cos they can't concentrate due the hunger pangs.

Should be OK with the Hindus cos they all do yoga so they are pretty flexible.

Edited by Eisegerwind
added old joke

Right this is my opinion and only that,,, the main reason the snp have lost around 10% of their vote was not due to the fact their supporters didnt want independence it was due to the timing and basically selfishness of sturgeon.It overwhelmingly has to do with brexit,,,,bear with me. Scotland to a certain extent has a responsibility to make sure stability is had throughout the UK many might not agree... i get the feeling those who hace deserted the snp may feel this also, another part is yhe party has lost its nationalism especially in the northeast that has had an effect,, they want independence and not governed by Brussels,,,Lack of an immigration policy will have also taken a few points from their tally

on a final note sturgeon would do well to hold her weesht and let the dust settle,, thats her already banging on abouthe single market again,, seriously its alienated many supporters dont drive more away,, if theres another election called in the next year the snp will be down below 20 seats.. the unionist know out week points now    

26 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

on a final note sturgeon would do well to hold her weesht and let the dust settle,, thats her already banging on abouthe single market again,, seriously its alienated many supporters dont drive more away,, if theres another election called in the next year the snp will be down below 20 seats.. the unionist know out week points now    

Again

It's not about her

It's about what's best for Scotland

Sturgeon gambled on those that voted No to indy but Yes to remain would swing over to the Indy cause, they havent, they still would prefer status quo as nothing has changed yet in relation to our economy etc.  Only after brexit will things start to change (even so much as having to queue differently when going on holiday).  

All it did was entrench no voters more and those that voted to leave that voted Yes to waiver.

Add in Bettertogether supporters catching up with Yessers in tactical voting and thats what we were left with.

As said before, last thing SNP needs is an election within 1 to 2 years, will go down under 20 MP's under a Corbyn surge again.  The ironic thing is Kezia and her gang will take credit.

3 minutes ago, giblet said:

As said before, last thing SNP needs is an election within 1 to 2 years, will go down under 20 MP's under a Corbyn surge again.  The ironic thing is Kezia and her gang will take credit.

Aye Corbyn has the all important political momentum right now. Which fortunately for the SNP is probably why the Tories won't want to call another election. Otherwise I could see a lot of the SNP's Central Belt seats going back to Labour.

58 minutes ago, Regenmann said:

I never thought I'd be pleased to find out Derek Mackay was in charge of anything but long may he reign as SNP election campaign director.

If he was in charge of that one then i doubt he will be keeping the gig

30 minutes ago, aaid said:

Anyone got any insight into why Nicola Sturgeon is due to meet Theresa May & Ruth Davidson in the next hour or so?

Seems a bit odd to me.

Prop up the Tory government in exchange for a role in the Brexit negotiations? Or in exchange for a guaranteed vote for Independence should she not like the outcome of the Brexit negotiations.

Sturgeon would never go for it but maybe they are getting desperate.

1 hour ago, aaid said:

Anyone got any insight into why Nicola Sturgeon is due to meet Theresa May & Ruth Davidson in the next hour or so?

Seems a bit odd to me.

If i was Davidson i'd be engineering Scotland staying in the single market and be seen as the heroine and ergo become the First Minister and killing Independence dead

Edited by Ally Bongo

If I'm not mistaken Andrew Marr declared that Ruth Davidson (or the Tories?) had won the election in Scotland. And now today, Brian Taylor on Reporting Scotland just said that Ruth Davidson (or the Tories?) won the election in Scotland. What is going on? 1984? Defeat is victory?

55 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

If i was Davidson i'd be engineering Scotland staying in the single market and be seen as the heroine and ergo become the First Minister and killing Independence dead

It would be interesting. But high risk. What if Northern Ireland gets a special deal and Scotland doesn't? she'd be toast*.

[*Except I've decided I can no longer attempt to understand the Scottish electorate. Maybe she wouldn't be toast, but rather be toasted for strengthening the precious union and helping keep part of Ireland British. Or something.]

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

That would suite me, banff and buchan would go straight back to the snp,, 

Guest flumax
1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

I don't get how May got more seats "South of the border" than Labour and lost, whilst Ruth got less seats than the SNP and won. I'm confused with politics now

4 hours ago, aaid said:

Seems a bit odd to me.

They might just want to exchange fashion tips

So : How does Ruth Davidson seem to have more opportunity to influence Brexit (and a meeting with the cabinet) than the entire democratically elected Scottish government….

Reminder – She is the leader of the opposition in Scotland.
Brexit is not even a devolved issue! Yet she is on the privy council – despite being nothing more than a humble MSP.

Evidence just how rank rotten the UK has become.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-40249433