Minute of Applause - 39th Minute - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Minute of Applause - 39th Minute

Parklife

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone. :)

New member here but I've long read the threads on here and they always give me a good chuckle.  Trust you'll make me welcome.

Been a SSC member for many years, get to all the home matches and I usually get an away trip or two a year in.

On this particular topic, it is for my club, Rangers, to remember this guy if they see fit.  I don't think a Scotland international match is the place, especially an unofficial memorial.

Hope we all get to and from the game safely though.  That's the minimum any supporter should get.

Anyway lightening it up.....

hello again!

6 hours ago, Parklife said:

I see on Facebook that quite a lot of folk seem to be planning on appluading in the 39th minute on Saturday for the guy who died on his way to the Rangers vs Partick game on Saturday past. 

Anyone think this is a good idea? IMO it's nothing but folk being grief junkies and attention seekers. 

I don't agree with applause every game. It's at the stage now where folk around you don't know why they are clapping. It's in danger of diluting genuine grief. Things like this should be kept for (former) players, (former) managers and (former) members of the club staff

During the last game of each campaign/season then have a minutes applause/silence by all means but every week is ott. That's just my personal opinion

At Easter Road on Sunday only a few minutes in every started to applaude so I joined in then I realised that it was just subs running round the track 

Edited by DoonTheSlope

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Hello, Hello everyone. :)

New member here but I've long read the threads on here and they always give me a good chuckle.  Trust you'll make me welcome.

Been a SSC member for many years, get to all the home matches and I usually get an away trip or two a year in.

On this particular topic, it is for my club, Rangers, to remember this guy if they see fit.  I don't think a Scotland international match is the place, especially an unofficial memorial.

Hope we all get to and from the game safely though.  That's the minimum any supporter should get.

hello, hello again!

FTFY

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

At Easter Road on Sunday only a few minutes in every started to applaude so I joined in then I realised that it was just subs running round the track 

How bizarre. Why would you just start randomly clapping because other people are?

I see it's National Clergy Appreciation Day at the weekend. Why don't we also just perform a rendition of "Wide Wide as the Ocean" on the 77th minute?... We can follow it up by performing "I'm a Little Teapot" against Slovenia to honour the nursery school teachers.

2 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I don't agree with applause every game. It's at the stage now where folk around you don't know why they are clapping. It's in danger of diluting genuine grief. Things like this should be kept for (former) players, (former) managers and (former) members of the club staff

During the last game of each campaign/season then have a minutes applause/silence by all means but every week is ott. That's just my personal opinion

Brilliant :lol::lol:

6 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Is it not big fish, little fish, cardboard box?

yes

4 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

yep spot on, I said this on the fb, and also said he wasnt a scotland fan and got called a knob/cock or something

7 hours ago, podgers1903 said:

My Granda recently died and supported Scotland can i have a minutes applause for him in the 86th minute as he was 86 years old

I hope I live to beyond 90 years of age and therefore not get a round of applause.  However, I would settle for 119 years and the round of applause is in extra time of World Cup

final.

6 hours ago, TGP said:

Hello everyone. :)

hello again!

i see you managed to get Hello.................. Hello into a thread    well done ;);)

Not on Facebook so just trying to get a bit of understanding here.who are the folk requesting this? Rangers supporters that knew him personally? Or his family or is it just rangers fans who didn't know him? Or is it folk who don't identify as rangers fans or a mixture of all? 

My initial thoughts are this is complete nonsense. Another sideshow to add to the goal music (which could not be used lets remind ourselves)

This is basically a form of  slacktivism surely? 

However when all is said and done your probably better letting folk just get on with it.