Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 328 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

On 7/9/2021 at 6:21 PM, Hertsscot said:

Caught the eye the first season Utd were back in the big time. Not sure he had the best of seasons last time but midfield is an area where we needed to strengthen.  Jack is injured half the time, Davis can't go on forever and Kamara may well be lured to the bright lights of the EPL.

I thought you about 15 midfielders or have you freed some (never bought some of the ones that were rumoured). What are you counting Scott Wright as?

1 hour ago, mr mojo risin said:

I thought you about 15 midfielders or have you freed some (never bought some of the ones that were rumoured). What are you counting Scott Wright as?

He plays in the front 3

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/7513485/aberdeen-rejected-ferguson-two-clubs-dad-500/

Not sure if I believe this but if there was an agreement why not get the agent to add that clause to the contract?

His agent can't be very good if he is going by a shake of the hand or gentlemens agreement and that's why I think Ferguson Snr is lying 

I don’t understand why players, agents etc don’t understand what a contract is. You signed for X years, so unless the club decides to end it by selling you, or paying you off, you honour the bloody thing. 

Im obviously not an Aberdeen fan, but Ferguson is worth more than two million to them, so they are right to reject it, and act in the clubs own interests. 

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

I don’t understand why players, agents etc don’t understand what a contract is. You signed for X years, so unless the club decides to end it by selling you, or paying you off, you honour the bloody thing. 

Im obviously not an Aberdeen fan, but Ferguson is worth more than two million to them, so they are right to reject it, and act in the clubs own interests. 

Ferguson Snr is just bitter because his mate mcinnes isn't there to do them a favour. 

5 hours ago, kumnio said:

Value changes with time though. I said thr same thing with Josh Doig.

If Ferguson was brought in for little money (cant remember what fee he was but assuming it wasnt massive) then its only normal for him to get a low wage. He has developed and his value has increased as evidenced by Aberdeens own valuation so its only proper that his wages increase as a result.

36 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Value changes with time though. I said thr same thing with Josh Doig.

If Ferguson was brought in for little money (cant remember what fee he was but assuming it wasnt massive) then its only normal for him to get a low wage. He has developed and his value has increased as evidenced by Aberdeens own valuation so its only proper that his wages increase as a result.

250k plus add ons.

7 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

250k plus add ons.

I'd be interested to know who Ferguson thinks he had this agreement with. Was it mcinnes and milne? 

Edited by vanderark14

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Cant imagine Aberdeen have spent 500K on a player many times recently? 

You mean you don't instantly think of the near million pound man Ronald Hernandez? 🙊

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/donsnews/aberdeen-in-2021-why-did-the-ronald-hernandez-experiment-fail-and-what-can-aberdeen-learn-from-it/

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Cant imagine Aberdeen have spent 500K on a player many times recently? 

850k on Hernandez, which didn’t work out at all. 

Reads like they’re trying to spend money they’ll get for Hedges and replace him with Boyle. 

7 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Reads like they’re trying to spend money they’ll get for Hedges and replace him with Boyle. 

Was the 850k actually for Hernandez or was it for something else altogether?

37 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Or Hedges is fucked long-term so a replacement is needed urgently.

1 hour ago, aaid said:

Was the 850k actually for Hernandez or was it for something else altogether?

No one actually knows. 

We bought him from Norway, but it seens the plan was to use that as a get around for him going to Atlanta. 

Rangers apparently in talks to sign Juninho Bacuna from Huddersfield.  Think he was rumoured as a target last year so obviously one that's been on the radar for a while.  Don't know much about him but hopefully he's a playmaker type as we're lousy with Davis/Jack/Kamara/Lundstram type midfielders.

2 hours ago, mr mojo risin said:

and lo and behold he gets a new contract days later, got himself a good agent. Assume if we did actually bid then the £500k is still available for other players then??

It all seems very strange, they apparently met the release clause, but Hibs them decided it wasn’t valid for clubs within Scotland. 

Looks like nothing more than the agent playing a blinder and Aberdeen knowing nothing about it. 

On 8/18/2021 at 2:36 PM, Fairbairn said:

Rangers apparently in talks to sign Juninho Bacuna from Huddersfield.  Think he was rumoured as a target last year so obviously one that's been on the radar for a while.  Don't know much about him but hopefully he's a playmaker type as we're lousy with Davis/Jack/Kamara/Lundstram type midfielders.

Bacuna has the potential to be a spectacularly talented player. Fast, tricky, lots of goals & assists.

He also has the potential to turn into the Invisible Man during games. Get the best out if him & you'll have a very good player on your hands, fail to that & you've got a wage thief.

On 8/18/2021 at 5:21 PM, dandydunn said:

It all seems very strange, they apparently met the release clause, but Hibs them decided it wasn’t valid for clubs within Scotland. 

Or Boyle being happy to not invoke the release clause in return for a nice new contract.

Edited by aaid