Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 329 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

On 8/21/2021 at 12:11 PM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Griff to Hibernian plus cash for Nisbet. This one is gathering steam. I like it, and so does Nisbet, as he grew up supporting Celtic....🙂🍺

Are they paying extra for Hibs to take Griffiths off their hands?

Really good business this summer by Aberdeen.  With the emergence of some promising younger players and the mentallity brought by Brown they look favs to finish 3rd. Big pity they got beat in the league cup.

I think im correct in saying next years 3rd place / Scottish Cup winner goes into the final play off round of the europa so will defo get into a group stage. If thats the case then it makes good sence to push the boat out just a little bit this year. 

2 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Longstaff and Bates are 2 very good signings by Aberdeen. While Longstaff is only a loan he is very well thought of and has played in the EPL on multiple occasions. Bates is a decent CB and should do well.

I think that this is the  Longstaff brother who was being linked to Man Utd not that long ago. I would just wonder if that means Ferguson will be away.

Huddersfield and Sheffield United in for Lewis Ferguson

Ryan Christie to Bournemouth or Burnley

Edouard to Crystal Palace

Patterson to nobody but one of the rags claims rangers knocked back £8m for him. Everton looking at some Arsenal RB now

That's all the rumours I've heard today

Edited by vanderark14

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Huddersfield and Sheffield United in for Lewis Ferguson

Ryan Christie to Bournemouth or Burnley

Edouard to Crystal Palace

Patterson to nobody but one of the rags claims rangers knocked back £8m for him. Everton looking at some Arsenal RB now

That's all the rumours I've heard today

Christie said to be away for £1 million, that's a steal!

16 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Christie said to be away for £1 million, that's a steal!

It was £2.5m for someone with 6 months left on their contract. The stewards who patrol row ZZ will be relieved. 

Decent window for us but we're still light in midfield and left back. We're going to need some luck with injuries I think. 🤔

I think we're a bit light in terms of goalscorers.  Roofe is very injury prone, Defoe looks done as a player and Sakala is unproven. With Itten away on loan and not replaced that only leaves us with Morelos.  There were rumours siwrling last night that we were trying to do a deal for Nisbet but not sure if there was anything in it or if it was just fan/forum chatter,.

1 minute ago, mr mojo risin said:

SPL teams losing good players to Preston, Wigan, Lincoln & Beerschot. Belgian league seems flush with cash, in fact every league in Europe seems to be compared to us. Imagine our European sides making £M signings instead of sales all the time. 

I'm a bit surprised we let Ali McCann slip through the net tbh especially at such a modest fee. 

30 minutes ago, mr mojo risin said:

SPL teams losing good players to Preston, Wigan, Lincoln & Beerschot. Belgian league seems flush with cash, in fact every league in Europe seems to be compared to us. Imagine our European sides making £M signings instead of sales all the time. 

Finances aside, I do wonder if some players just get bored playing the same teams so many times a season.

48 minutes ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

I take it Griffiths' loan deal will state that he can't play against Celtic? Especially if Hart is in goal?

:lol:

That's a good signing for Dundee depending on how often he plays. Hope they gave him a pay for play deal. 

I wonder if the "Real Leigh Griffiths" guy will make a comeback. He was brilliant in a kinda mental sort of way.