Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 330 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

37 minutes ago, slasher said:

Griffiths will no doubt be holding court in some Embra boozer in a couple of years from now, regaling some hangers on about how it was all someone else's fault. 

What a waste! 

I think it says a lot that in a 15 year career he's only scored more than 20 goals in a season 4 times and 2 of them were in the old Scottish first division.  His 40 goal season at Celtic stands out as an anomaly in his career and his Scotland return is pretty poor too.  I've always thought he's not as good as people make him out to be and that's been hidden behind all the off field nonsense but suppose we'll never know now.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

I think it says a lot that in a 15 year career he's only scored more than 20 goals in a season 4 times and 2 of them were in the old Scottish first division.  His 40 goal season at Celtic stands out as an anomaly in his career and his Scotland return is pretty poor too.  I've always thought he's not as good as people make him out to be and that's been hidden behind all the off field nonsense but suppose we'll never know now.

Still very nearly scored 1 in 2 over a 480 odd career which not many Scottish players can say. Don’t get me wrong, I think some vastly overrated him during his best Celtic years at the same time. 

4 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I think we're a bit light in terms of goalscorers.  Roofe is very injury prone, Defoe looks done as a player and Sakala is unproven. With Itten away on loan and not replaced that only leaves us with Morelos.  

No one wants Morelos, his face-tripping, his ill-discipline, or his off-field nonsense.

The complicit MSSM continually trying to come up with stories about multi-million pound offers from glamour clubs are comedy gold.

2 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Still very nearly scored 1 in 2 over a 480 odd career which not many Scottish players can say. Don’t get me wrong, I think some vastly overrated him during his best Celtic years at the same time. 

1 in 3 though over the last five seasons which is probably more relevant, particularly bearing in mind that was with a Celtic side that was largely unchallenged domestically.

6 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Yeah, I've always been kinda in that camp over him as well and as you say we'll never know now. 

He's still a complete twat, Instagraming his move before Dundee got the chance to do the big 'reveal' they all do these days. 🙈

On 9/1/2021 at 12:01 PM, Orraloon said:

:lol:

That's a good signing for Dundee depending on how often he plays. Hope they gave him a pay for play deal. 

I wonder if the "Real Leigh Griffiths" guy will make a comeback. He was brilliant in a kinda mental sort of way. 

Teckle 😃

• 4 months later...
6 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Don’t know much about him but we definitely need a boost in the attacking areas. Hopefully he’s more Kent and less Umar Sadiq! 

More Kent than Kent. Looks like a very good player - I doubt there’s any chance of it becoming permanent but I’m not sure you’re looking for that anyway.

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Rangers have also sold Juninho Bacuna to Birmingham for an undisclosed fee.  Given we got him for heehaw any fee is a good fee and gets some deadwood off the wage bill.  Not one of Gerrard's better signings.

£400k