Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18 - Page 332 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Transfers, Rumours and Delusional Pish 2016/17/18

18 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Cant see the Ramsey one having any merit at all given he is currently on 300k per week. The reason Juve want him gone is to get him off the wage bill. No way do they then pay 90% of the wages for him to go to Rangers.

Then you have the player himself. He will have offers to play in the EPL at decent clubs. Would be a strange decision to go to Rangers on loan.

Then Rangers themselves. As much as they would love a "statement signing" to please the fans, he isnt even the type of player they need. He is another tidy CM who keeps the ball moving. Rangers have plenty of them. What Rangers really need is a creative attacking CM. Somebody who can unlock defences. Somebody like Juan Mata would be ideal for Rangers. End of career but could just sit behind the striker pulling the strings.

Seems he's currently in Glasgow.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Seems he's currently in Glasgow.

He was on a monster contract at Juve, how the hell are Rangers affording this? This is not me having a dig at rangers finances like others, there isnt a club in Scotland who could afford him. Surely Rangers wouldn't blow all of the Paterson cash on one player for six months

26 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

He was on a monster contract at Juve, how the hell are Rangers affording this? This is not me having a dig at rangers finances like others, there isnt a club in Scotland who could afford him. Surely Rangers wouldn't blow all of the Paterson cash on one player for six months

From what I've read (and it seems fantastical) Juve are covering the significant majority of his salary as they just wanted him out the building.

There's also a few different versions of his contract floating around.  One has him on £400K pw with another closer to £150K pw.  Not that we'd be able to afford the latter either!

Edited by Fairbairn

35 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Different levels but we had Eremenko on loan when we was on 40k a week and we were paying 2-3k a week of it. 

Juve might seen it in similar way. Clubs aren't exactly begging to sign Ramsay and he's not getting a game. 

27 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Different levels but we had Eremenko on loan when we was on 40k a week and we were paying 2-3k a week of it. 

Juve might seen it in similar way. Clubs aren't exactly begging to sign Ramsay and he's not getting a game. 

The only thing I can think of is that Juve just want to put him in the shop window so that he will get a move in the summer but even that doesnt make alot of sence as the EPL is a much better shop window to put him in.

Talk of 2 million all in cost but by my calculations that still works out ar around 90k per week. Some of that will be offset by shirt sales etc (On a different scale but Man Utd basically paid the Ronaldo fee within a week of shirt sales). Cant see merchandice going through the roof just for Ramsey though.

Is it a roll of the dice to get champions league money? 

4 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

He apparently knocked back Burnley and 1 other EPL club.

You would think the EPL would be a more attractive move for him than rangers(no disrespect to rangers intended), maybe he knocked back burnley thinking he would get  better offers from more glamorous epl clubs. 

6 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

He apparently knocked back Burnley and 1 other EPL club.

Rangers taking a huge gamble I think, From what i can gather it's a loan deal with a right to buy, meaning if rangers win the league, they can afford him, if they don't win the league, loan deal ends.

7 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

You would think the EPL would be a more attractive move for him than rangers(no disrespect to rangers intended), maybe he knocked back burnley thinking he would get  better offers from more glamorous epl clubs. 

None of it makes any sense.  I can't see the benefit to Juve of sending him here and them covering his wage and plenty of clubs in bigger and better leagues than hours would jump at the chance to take him on a similar deal.

4 minutes ago, dj mick said:

Rangers taking a huge gamble I think, From what i can gather it's a loan deal with a right to buy, meaning if rangers win the league, they can afford him, if they don't win the league, loan deal ends.

The y said on SSN that the option to buy has been removed from the deal. Presumably when it became apparent that we can't pay a quarter of his current wage never mind the full thing.  It is a massive gamble however it's the first time I've been excited by a transfer for a good while. 

5 minutes ago, dj mick said:

Sorry mate,, couldn't resist it,, I based that on sod all

Prick! 🤣

I had a feeling that’s what you were doing but thought I’d be diplomatic with my questioning rather than saying what I was really thinking! 

Its days like this that I know in truly a DFC fan, nothing beats absolutely fucking hating your club with a passion, seeing them linked with Diddy after Diddy, only for the biggest fucking twat of all time, that manages the club unable to even sign them.