Rangers 2015/16 championship champions - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers 2015/16 championship champions

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I'm not one for sweeping generalisations but the majority of people on Facebook are arseholes regardless of what team they support!  Best avoided and left to people who want to show off what they've had for their tea and ask "you OK babes"!!

I like facebook, keeps me in contact with the folk ive met living in canada. 

I get your point though. Has its uses.

12 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

I was just about Kirk that. Seems mighty upset. Did we win something yesterday.......? 

First bit doesnt even make sense? Drunken celebration typing maybe, no problem there.

Upset yes, the amount of scumbags about to be on show on a regular basis is ridiculous. The horrible bigotry that will rear its ugly head again/more prevelantly is not s good thing. 

12 hours ago, JECK said:

Spl definitely been poor without rangers but it was fking tediously boring with them in it. Couldn't stand only the same 2 teams challenging what felt like forever. Inevitable only a matter of time till natural order is preserved. The old firm games were dreadful aswell if you looked past the 'occasion'

If the last few years have proved anything it's that you don't need 4 Old Firm games a season. Hopefully that will be considered in any future league reconstruction plans...

15 hours ago, Pool Q said:

I think the media are even more excited than the Rangers support.

Warburton is a good manager and has put together what looks like (in a Scottish context) the nucleus of a half-decent side which, presumably, he'll now be able to add to. By and large he has gone about it the right way too, pretty much the polar opposite of what that clown McCoist did for 3 seasons. Good as it has been not to have them around, they have romped the Championship this season (not difficult, but they did what they had to do) by playing some attacking football.

Rangers support are excited but realistic. The main difference is the coaching and backroom staff are a lot better this time .Also what happens off the pitch is still very important in terms of the financial well being of the club.

13 hours ago, Lamia said:

Phew I am so relieved armageddon is over. It was a shame those 6 clubs had to go to the wall because the top flight is nothing without Rangers. I am so looking forward to next season where at last we won't need to hear about any diddy clubs because naturally all we care about is what the OF are doing.

The dark days are over yippee! :cheers3:

Imagine putting your hatred of us cuddly bears ahead of the interests of Scottish football as a whole, Lamesy-babes. I've always agreed with TalkSport... ;)

http://talksport.com/football/rangers-return-time-get-over-nonsense-about-gers-no-longer-existing-they-can-improve-celtic

5 hours ago, Kirk said:

I like facebook, keeps me in contact with the folk ive met living in canada. 

I get your point though. Has its uses.

First bit doesnt even make sense? Drunken celebration typing maybe, no problem there.

Upset yes, the amount of scumbags about to be on show on a regular basis is ridiculous. The horrible bigotry that will rear its ugly head again/more prevelantly is not s good thing. 

Nup it doesn't, and I wasn't pished either. Feck knows ;)

since the SPFL avoided Armageddon, surely it would be great to have 16 or 18 teams so clubs don't have to play each other 4 times. We'd get two old firm games, the other clubs still get the same amount of visits from a big Glasgow team and they'd have a better chance of competing than if there were fewer teams playing 4 times a season. 

Also, hat off to Warburton for introducing the best style of football seen in Scotland for decades.

46 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Also, hat off to Warburton for introducing the best style of football seen in Scotland for decades.

:lol: 

I hope that's a fishing attempt. 

10 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Imagine putting your hatred of us cuddly bears ahead of the interests of Scottish football as a whole, Lamesy-babes. I've always agreed with TalkSport... ;)

http://talksport.com/football/rangers-return-time-get-over-nonsense-about-gers-no-longer-existing-they-can-improve-celtic

Scottish football would be a better place if most of it wasn't ignored and considered irrelevant or even if lessons had actually been learned - sadly I don't think they have and we are heading back to that sad place and our game will be all the poorer for it. :( It is a shame that some think one club is more important than the interests of Scottish football as a whole.

14 minutes ago, Lamia said:

Scottish football would be a better place if most of it wasn't ignored and considered irrelevant or even if lessons had actually been learned - sadly I don't think they have and we are heading back to that sad place and our game will be all the poorer for it. :( It is a shame that some think one club is more important than the interests of Scottish football as a whole.

100% agree.

2 hours ago, fringo said:

100% agree.

can understand where you are coming from. I do guys.there are always upsides and downsides to everything. I think the main upside is the interest in the Scottish game again. No matter what anyone thinks the old firm derby is one of the box office stints for us. And I suppose tv money talks. But anyway life is life so get over it lol!! The Gers are back. A lot of guid rangers men too you know ? x

7 minutes ago, Fermer said:

can understand where you are coming from. I do guys.there are always upsides and downsides to everything. I think the main upside is the interest in the Scottish game again. No matter what anyone thinks the old firm derby is one of the box office stints for us. And I suppose tv money talks. But anyway life is life so get over it lol!! The Gers are back. A lot of guid rangers men too you know ? x

I don't think the old firm game generates much interest in Scottish football.

Folk outside are interested in the spectacle of an old firm game, but not Scottish football.

Much like I'll take the kids to a panto, but I'm not interested in the theatre.

7 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I don't think the old firm game generates much interest in Scottish football.

Folk outside are interested in the spectacle of an old firm game, but not Scottish football.

Much like I'll take the kids to a panto, but I'm not interested in the theatre.

ok. No be much interest in the semi final next week within Scottish football then. No pages on here, nothing in papers?? Just outside o Scotland? Get real.

25 minutes ago, Fermer said:

ok. No be much interest in the semi final next week within Scottish football then. No pages on here, nothing in papers?? Just outside o Scotland? Get real.

It's tough to call between Hibs and United.

Both of them will be focused on their leagues, so the cup might be an unwelcome distraction.

23 minutes ago, Fermer said:

I think you've completely missed my point (or I've misinterpreted yours?)

I thought you were suggesting Rangers being back in the top flight and the resultant old firm games would generate interest in Scottish football from outside Scotland.

I'm saying any external interest is in that game, not Scottish football.

I'm interested in Scottish football without Rangers in the top flight, and will continue to be interested when they are.

3 hours ago, Lamia said:

It's a shame that some people's hatred for one club is more important to them than the interests of Scottish football as a whole. 

9 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

It's a shame that some people's hatred for one club is more important to them than the interests of Scottish football as a whole. 

Much like one clubs hatred of a certain religion has blighted Scottish football as a whole. 

It took a manager with a set of balls to even attempt to take them out the dark ages. 

Why are the Rangers fans so sensitive all of a sudden. 

I preferred the no one liked us, we don't care Rangers fans. At least they knew everyone hated them. 

The new breed are sensitive souls. I still think they're bitter about sitting back and watching Murray, Whyte, Chuckles and Co take the piss whilst looking for somebody else to blame. 

They deserve better you know, I once saw a banner saying that during the Murray era. How did that pan out? 

I was watching El Classico the other other day, and it occurred to me that both teams could learn a lot from the youngsters at Ibrox and the exciting brand of attacking football they've been displaying in this year's Championship. Well done Rangers... New Years honours list for Warburton?

We're going for the double this weekend. Another fantastic turnout from the bears expected. We really are spreading the love with the blue pound which will be distributed around our fellow league clubs. What an amazing addition to the top flight we will be. Mr Paul Murray sets our benchmark as Celtic but has said the club will not be put at financial risk to achieve it. Wise words Mr Murray.. Wise Words.

Edited by EddardStark

8 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Why are the Rangers fans so sensitive all of a sudden. 

I preferred the no one liked us, we don't care Rangers fans. At least they knew everyone hated them. 

The new breed are sensitive souls. I still think they're bitter about sitting back and watching Murray, Whyte, Chuckles and Co take the piss whilst looking for somebody else to blame. 

They deserve better you know, I once saw a banner saying that during the Murray era. How did that pan out? 

They are just going through the stages - they will be back to the we are the biggest club ever and deserve to win everything, but why don't the rest of you just try harder or maybe build a hotel attitude before we know it.