Rangers 2015/16 championship champions - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers 2015/16 championship champions

8 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

It's a shame that some people's hatred for one club is more important to them than the interests of Scottish football as a whole. 

Think the years without Rangers in the Premiership prove I am right to be honest.

Edited by Lamia

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

We're going for the double this weekend. Another fantastic turnout from the bears expected. We really are spreading the love with the blue pound which will be distributed around our fellow league clubs. What an amazing addition to the top flight we will be. Mr Paul Murray sets our benchmark as Celtic but has said the club will not be put at financial risk to achieve it. Wise words Mr Murray.. Wise Words.

Blue pound ????

8 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

It's a shame that some people's hatred for one club is more important to them than the interests of Scottish football as a whole. 

It's a shame that some people's self-interest is more important to them that the interests of Scottish football as a whole. And that's the crux of the matter. 

I'd argue that Scottish football is in a better place now than it was 4 years ago. We have competition right throughout the league. A title race, a relegation battle, a battle to avoid the play-offs, a battle for top 6, in the championship we're heading for really exciting play-offs. Almost every side has a strong nucleus of young Scottish players who are, for the most part, playing football the right way.

So imagine, how it looks that the leaders in our game don't make any mention of this at all. Rather, they talk about "oooohhhh we have 4 old firm games again next season". It smacks of their short term thinking that has held our game back for years. 

But hey, you bash on making ill-informed, smart arsed comments in the internet. weearrapeepul. 

59 minutes ago, Parklife said:

It's a shame that some people's self-interest is more important to them that the interests of Scottish football as a whole. And that's the crux of the matter. 

I'd argue that Scottish football is in a better place now than it was 4 years ago. We have competition right throughout the league. A title race, a relegation battle, a battle to avoid the play-offs, a battle for top 6, in the championship we're heading for really exciting play-offs. Almost every side has a strong nucleus of young Scottish players who are, for the most part, playing football the right way.

So imagine, how it looks that the leaders in our game don't make any mention of this at all. Rather, they talk about "oooohhhh we have 4 old firm games again next season". It smacks of their short term thinking that has held our game back for years. 

But hey, you bash on making ill-informed, smart arsed comments in the internet. weearrapeepul. 

I'm not making a "party political" point but do you think the increase in competition in through standards being raised or standards being lowered?

8 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

I'm not making a "party political" point but do you think the increase in competition in through standards being raised or standards being lowered?

I think there's been a drop in quality over the last 10 years, there's less money in our game and therefore there are very few good foreign players coming here, while our good young players are lured away for a relative pittance after playing about 25 first team games. 

What i don't think, which is what i think you're alluding to, is that there has been a drop in quality since Rangers went bust. Or that Rangers still being in the top flight would've kept the standards higher. 

And, to be honest, a competitive league with a slightly lower standard is more appealing to me than an uncompetitive division. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

so you wont be able to compete when rangers are back? Sad. U must remember although budgets are bigger due to larger fan base. I don't think old firm under new regimes will be signing messi. So stoap whinging and compete. ?..

9 minutes ago, Fermer said:

so you wont be able to compete when rangers are back? Sad. U must remember although budgets are bigger due to larger fan base. I don't think old firm under new regimes will be signing messi. So stoap whinging and compete. ?..

With every post you plumb new depths of dimness, well done :ok: 

10 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Why are the Rangers fans so sensitive all of a sudden. 

I preferred the no one liked us, we don't care Rangers fans. At least they knew everyone hated them. 

The new breed are sensitive souls. I still think they're bitter about sitting back and watching Murray, Whyte, Chuckles and Co take the piss whilst looking for somebody else to blame. 

They deserve better you know, I once saw a banner saying that during the Murray era. How did that pan out? 

I don't understand your point at all unfortunately. In what way are we currently sensitive? All I see at the moment are fans happy about our team and club and looking forward to next season. I haven't seen any particular sensitivity because we have nothing in particular to be sensitive about at the moment. If you had posted that two years ago, you might've had a point but it doesn't make sense at the moment.

Quite disappointed to read the negativity towards us actually. People resorting to opinions on past behaviours without giving us the opportunity to show what we are now all about, both on and off the field. I'm not naive enough to suggest that some of our fans won't occasionally be arseholes but criticising them before they do anything is rather unfair. How dare we get promoted and usurp the  league's sudden competitiveness. That's sport unfortunately.

Paul Murray said the other day that we have received congratulations from other clubs because of the way we have rebuilt 'friendships' at board level and started being a proper club again. If doing that makes us unwelcome, then truly we can't win.

It will be interesting to see what happens next season with "the blue pound" (cracks me up every time! :lol: ).

Will there be boycotts, or reduced away supports, or will it go the other way as an act of defiance? Or perhaps the fickle reality is, it will depend on results?

11 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

How dare we get promoted and usurp the  league's sudden competitiveness. 

Here's the point "." 

Here's where you are "."

I think there's been a drop in quality over the last 10 years, there's less money in our game and therefore there are very few good foreign players coming here, while our good young players are lured away for a relative pittance after playing about 25 first team games. 

What i don't think, which is what i think you're alluding to, is that there has been a drop in quality since Rangers went bust. Or that Rangers still being in the top flight would've kept the standards higher. 

And, to be honest, a competitive league with a slightly lower standard is more appealing to me than an uncompetitive division. 

I asked an honest question and you need to see some pro-Rangers' sub-text, what a pr!ck.

5 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

I asked an honest question and you need to see some pro-Rangers' sub-text, what a pr!ck.

:lol: 

I gave an honest answer to a question. No need for the abuse, Larky. 

5 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

You gave a honest answer and then with you decided to assume what my "real" intention was for the post, which is the action of a pr!ck. 

Get a grip of yourself and get to fvck, you self-righteous whank. 

With every post you plumb new depths of dimness, well done :ok: 

thank you. Do I qualify for dimness of the year yet? Nae interest in another rangers post mind. I'm away to apply for a college course now. U may have changed my life from dimness to undimness. Cheers teacher.

56 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

It will be interesting to see what happens next season with "the blue pound" (cracks me up every time! :lol: ).

Will there be boycotts, or reduced away supports, or will it go the other way as an act of defiance? Or perhaps the fickle reality is, it will depend on results?

It will be completely normal I suspect, with no boycotts unless something else happens in the interim. I hope it won't.

Did you hear Stuart McCall on Radio Scotland the other day? He said that Motherwell, simply by playing two home games against Rangers, generated £250k extra revenue per season on ticket sales and hospitality, or "two players" as he put it. For that reason alone, clubs would welcome us back.

Edited by thewolf_1980

10 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

It will be completely normal I suspect, with no boycotts unless something else happens in the interim. I hope it won't.

Did you hear Stuart McCall on Radio Scotland the other day? He said that Motherwell, simply by playing two home games against Rangers, generated £250k extra revenue per season on ticket sales and hospitality, or "two players" as he put it. For that reason alone, clubs would welcome us back.

Didn't Motherwell finish 2nd in the league (twice?) without those 2 players?

11 minutes ago, deecie said:

Didn't Motherwell finish 2nd in the league (twice?) without those 2 players?

they got into Europe as well, and perhaps made just as much cash, and i am sure their fans would enjoy a couple of euro trips, no matter how short they are, to an extra 2 games from a team down the river...

Rangers bring extra money to the top league, there is no doubt about it.

The league can survive without the cash.

This is the time to reduce the games to 1 home and 1 away a season. 

the only people that benefit from old firm games are the old firm, which just makes them more money

9 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

With every post you make you simply reinforce the assessment I made of you, keep it up.

You'd be surprised at how little i care about your opinion :)

1 hour ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Stuart Mccalls biggest fault as Motherwell manager was his sideline as a Rangers cheerleader.

:lol:

Motherwell are also notorious for only giving the downside of these things. We lost 2 games v Rangers, but we had European games which brought in big crowds, we played rangers away in the cup, live on TV, we made good money out of that....

Mccalls failure to win in the cups, his reluctance to try and persuade players to sign contracts and his poor preparation for last season cost us far more.

(that mob of Icelandic fishermen McCall treated with no respect and didn't prepare for went on to play Lech Poznan and inter Milan!)

Edited by sbcmfc

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

Personally I think us being back in the league will make it more competitive. The gap between Celtic and the rest of the league has narrowed and we won't simply come back in and run away with anything. What we will do is compete at the top end of the table, which means more points being taken off each other.  You would hope that would have a knock on effect. 

I agree with you about the standard, it's fairly obvious it has dropped in the last decade. 

Edited by Angus_Young