Paris - Page 10 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Away and post on the Britain First forum.

bit harsh there with that comment it's widely knowing that Isis has been tagging along with the genuine refugees see that's the what's wrong with some people the minute you start to speak out your automatically branded a racist which is completely wrong

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a bit harsh, it is a possibility. Plus the tone is hardly menacing.

There's an SDL demo today in Monkton "protesting" over a hotel that is temporarily housing 150 refugees. It's ill informed garbage like saying ISIS are smuggling in terrorists posing as refugees that stokes up the bile that these racist morons feed off.

Even if it were true, does that make any difference. What about terrorists posing as students or tourists or whatever. Stop everyone who looks a bit foreign? Of course, the most likely origin of these terrorists are that they will be native born French of North African origin.

bit harsh there with that comment it's widely knowing that Isis has been tagging along with the genuine refugees see that's the what's wrong with some people the minute you start to speak out your automatically branded a racist which is completely wrong

See this is where I think people start to get a bit hysterical about all this. Who exactly has said that they are tagging along with refugees other than people on FB? Are governments saying that?! Because if it's that obvious then they can identify them surely. Regardless, ISIS have money and resources. They can put people on to flights to their destination if they want. If their cells are so important to their cause then they don't need to leave things to chance in risking their lives crossing seas on a dingy.

There's an SDL demo today in Monkton "protesting" over a hotel that is temporarily housing 150 refugees. It's ill informed garbage like saying ISIS are smuggling in terrorists posing as refugees that stokes up the bile that these racist morons feed off.

Even if it were true, does that make any difference. What about terrorists posing as students or tourists or whatever. Stop everyone who looks a bit foreign? Of course, the most likely origin of these terrorists are that they will be native born French of North African origin.

The problem is there is no way to tell if it's ill-informed or not. This is just an argument based on pathos. It's a meta-argument for me. Should be allowed to discuss it openly without labels and prejudice.

the 2nd sentence yeah read back earlier in the thread and you'll see who first broached the origin of french terrorists. So pointless lecturing me on that, see i am able to cogitate both arguments without mindlessly lavelling/dismissing one.

As someone once remarked. "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.". No one is asking you to accept it merely to entertain it without prejudice.

Edited by phart

The problem is there is no way to tell if it's ill-informed or not. This is just an argument based on pathos. It's a meta-argument for me. Should be allowed to discuss it openly without labels and prejudice.

the 2nd sentence yeah read back earlier in the thread and you'll see who first broached the origin of french terrorists. So pointless lecturing me on that, see i am able to cogitate both arguments without mindlessly lavelling/dismissing one.

As someone once remarked. "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.". No one is asking you to accept it merely to entertain it without prejudice.

I wasn't having a go at you but at the original poster. I get exactly what you say and in a ideal world...

Problem is, this form of unfounded speculation does nothing other than demonise refugees.

It's about as widely known as the 20000 - or whatever made up number it was - polish immigrants in Poole and Bournemouth, which was the last bit of xenophobic push he was posting.

just going by what l was being told by my polish friends so tell me do you live in the area do you have first hand knowledge of the amount of poles in Dorset ?

I wasn't having a go at you but at the original poster. I get exactly what you say and in a ideal world...

Problem is, this form of unfounded speculation does nothing other than demonise refugees.

Fair enough but i think still a bit rough, I totally understand where you're coming from with regards to this sort of speculation fueling fires, but one dude speculating and the way it was said wasn't giving me that vibe. So felt a bit harsh to say British first (racists) rather than just say come one mate that might be true, but we know nothing and that sort of speculation can be used negatively.

Certainly not trying to have a go at you. :ok:

Edited by phart

just going by what l was being told by my polish friends so tell me do you live in the area do you have first hand knowledge of the amount of poles in Dorset ?

There are about 150k households in Dorset, approximately two thirds of households have a garden and 90 per cent have clothes lines rather than one of they spinny things.

That's 90,000 and many of them will have more one pole to hold the line up.

By my calculations there are probably 110,000 poles in Dorset at the moment.

There are about 150k households in Dorset, approximately two thirds of households have a garden and 90 per cent have clothes lines rather than one of they spinny things.

That's 90,000 and many of them will have more one pole to hold the line up.

By my calculations there are probably 110,000 poles in Dorset at the moment.

You missed out flags and goals though.

no doubt politicians will use this as an opportunity for more wars of terror,stopping the flow of refugees who desperately need a safe haven,shocking news

Happening already.

Syrian passport found on one of the suicide bombers.

It was either that or they knew of the risk these French nationals held but they went dark...

I did ask if you wished to discuss this as you seem to see all those crossing the med as whiter than white. Where as I am open to the probability of Isis using them as cover to get there people in to Europe more easily. Remember they don't value human life like we do so if some of there sleepers die in the crossing they won't care as they know there are more willing to do the job. To stick our head in the sand and not believe that some of those crossing is almost as dangerous as thinking there all terrorists. I am simply saying we have to be open to the probability that some sleepers got in

Happening already.

It was either that or they knew of the risk these French nationals held but they went dark...

beggars the question why would a suicide bomber need a passport?

I did ask if you wished to discuss this as you seem to see all those crossing the med as whiter than white. Where as I am open to the probability of Isis using them as cover to get there people in to Europe more easily. Remember they don't value human life like we do so if some of there sleepers die in the crossing they won't care as they know there are more willing to do the job. To stick our head in the sand and not believe that some of those crossing is almost as dangerous as thinking there all terrorists. I am simply saying we have to be open to the probability that some sleepers got in

As has been pointed out by a number of others, France has a significant Muslim population, a relatively large number of whom would appear to be radicalized given the numbers travelling to fight in Syria (France's policy towards the veil and its imperial baggage in Algeria and Syria being part of the mix). There is no necessity to demonize refugees in order to explain an Islamist presence in Paris.

Happening already.

beggars the question why would a suicide bomber need a passport?

Especially when they burned them beforehand ?

http://m.france24.com/en/20151114-paris-attacks-islamic-state-group-claim-terrorism-jihadists-syria?ns_campaign=reseaux_sociaux&ns_source=twitter&ns_mchannel=social&ns_linkname=editorial&aef_campaign_ref=partage_aef&aef_campaign_date=2015-11-14&dlvrit=66745