Paris - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

As is being reported it is no coincidence that attacks are being stepped up on an international basis. In the last couple of weeks we have seen over 400 killed in attacks on Russian nationals, within Lebanon and now Paris. All of these countries are actively involved in Syria. There have been significant gains by antI ISIS coalition in recent weeks so I think these attacks could be a sign that ISIS know there days are numbered

Edit

Some reports suggest that almost 20000 people have been killed in specific bombing of ISIS targets in Syria . Not of them are operatives of course.

Edited by EddardStark

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As is being reported it is no coincidence that attacks are being stepped up on an international basis. In the last couple of weeks we have seen over 400 killed in attacks on Russian nationals, within Lebanon and now Paris. All of these countries are actively involved in Syria. There have been significant gains by antI ISIS coalition in recent weeks so I think these attacks could be a sign that ISIS know there days are numbered

Well the attack on Lebanon was against Shia and Hezbollah, Hezbollah are saying this will be a long conflict as they're mobilizing. I hope they're wrong.

Who would have thought it ? An axis including Hezbollah, Iran and the USA.

Well not really the US backed the "moderate" rebels to a tune of $500 million+, Russia, Iran, Syria and Hezbollah are attacking those guys as well. Plus one side wants Assad in the other out.

War makes strange bedfellows is that not the phrase though?

Well not really the US backed the "moderate" rebels to a tune of $500 million+, Russia, Iran, Syria and Hezbollah are attacking those guys as well. Plus one side wants Assad in the other out.

War makes strange bedfellows is that not the phrase though?

Yes I suppose so but only 30 years ago Hezbollah killed 240 US marines in an attack in Beirut. I think we need to give the UK Parliament some credit for not giving the Govt the mandate to attack in Syria. Some of our leaders past and present really need to be brought to account for what is going on today.

Yes I suppose so but only 30 years ago Hezbollah killed 240 US marines in an attack in Beirut. I think we need to give the UK Parliament some credit for not giving the Govt the mandate to attack in Syria. Some of our leaders past and present really need to be brought to account for what is going on today.

Yeah that vote looks sager by the day It's the unelected folk we really have to worry about, "advisors" "lobbyists" "security services" "newspaper owners" etc.

I turned off an hour or so back.'Rolling News' etcDrives me mad.Also, I'm struggling with reading/watching all this, and knowing this coverage is exactly the aim of the terrorists.Feel a bit complicit.Decided to listen to music.Albeit angry music.

This is it Dave. Its exactly this publicity they want. But what can you do - how do we starve them of it?

Best get your tin hat on. If this is another extremist attack (and let's face it, it looks very much like it) then it proves beyond doubt that these murdering bastards are indeed amongst us and can move at very short notice. UK shopping centres, areas of high population, military stations, transport etc is extremely vulnerable as there's no telling where and what will be next.

I am not entirely clear how you know it was at short notice :/

Many, many people have been saying that for weeks but of course they're dismissed as brainwashed racists.

I despair about how easy some people make it for those trying to promote the agenda. Do you not realise that the people fleeing are facing a heck of a lot worse at the hands of the same people and others and that is why they flee. You haven't a scooby who these people were who carried out the attacks yet you are happy to buy into the anti refugee agenda, well done you.

This is a terrible thing just like all the other terrible atrocities happening all over the world most of which we seem to care little about. It is how we respond to it that is important and sadly we will ###### that up and then wonder why things get worse.

Edited by Lamia

I couldn't begin to think of a solution to this, but I do know that Europe is at it's most important crossroads since the 2nd world war.

The decisions that our leaders make now will have an effect on all of us in some way, for the rest of our lives.

And given how every decision they've made over the last 15 years has been the wrong one, I have no confidence that they'll get it right this time.

I couldn't begin to think of a solution to this, but I do know that Europe is at it's most important crossroads since the 2nd world war.

The decisions that our leaders make now will have an effect on all of us in some way, for the rest of our lives.

And given how every decision they've made over the last 15 years has been the wrong one, I have no confidence that they'll get it right this time.

What are the decisions?

I'm really struggling to understand all this nonsense.

I am not entirely clear how you know it was at short notice :/

I despair about how easy some people make it for those trying to promote the agenda. Do you not realise that the people fleeing are facing a heck of a lot worse at the hands of the same people and others and that is why they flee. You haven't a scooby who these people were who carried out the attacks yet you are happy to buy into the anti refugee agenda, well done you.

This is a terrible thing just like all the other terrible atrocities happening all over the world most of which we seem to care little about. It is how we respond to it that is important and sadly we will ###### that up and then wonder why things get worse.

Obviously, I don't know if it was short notice or had been planned for weeks or months, so I'll take that back until we know more. It does however seem reasonable to assume that there are many more like them already amongst us, probably all over Europe, and more murder will soon follow.

The second paragraph of mine you quote was a response to a comment from Wibble. Of course there are many genuine refugees wishing to make a better life for themselves in Europe, but is it really that unlikely that a large scale Trojan horse is hiding amongst them? I was merely pointing out that anyone who voices that possibility is immediately labelled a swivel-eyed, intolerant racist.

What are the decisions?

No idea.

Europe may act aggressively or passively to this. More countries (or fewer) may get involved in Syria. Borders may close. Civil liberties may be further curtailed. The idea of an 'open border' for all refugees must surely be looked at. This may sway people to vote one way or another in the EU referendum.

Worst of all, we may all be dragged into never ending external and internal wars against an 'enemy' that nobody really understands, or recognises.

I mean wtf is behind all this crap in the world?

Is it just religion alone that causes all the conflicts that we've seen for the last 100 plus years??

You can go back a lot longer than that but if religion didn't exist mankind would just find some other excuse.

You can go back a lot longer than that but if religion didn't exist mankind would just find some other excuse.

Exactly. A world without religion (an impossible notion since much of mankind seems to need some form of metaphysical belief) is naive Utopianism, cf: John Lennon. Without religion folk would still slaughter each other, cf: John Lennon.

Religion is just one cultural product used by people as a tool for political ends. At the most basic level (imo) it comes down to hatred of 'the Other'. Whether the Other has a different religion, colour, accent, sexual orientation, or any number of other cultural or physiological markers, our species can't seem to deal with it.

Well if one side used the refugee crisis as a pretext to get their "fighters" out of there before much more serious attempts to deal with the Caliphate began, they could sneak folk in with the refugees. It doesn't take thousands of folk to cause so much carnage and death, unfortunately.

Everything is pretty much speculation at this point.