Paris - Page 8 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Are people that surprised at this? Thinking of the countries that have been deliberately malkied by the 'us' (although in reality it has nothing to do with ordinary people) in the last 10 years. Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Egypt as well they came close, Yemen now and most brutally Syria. It is a pattern that was accelerating as well with Lebanon and Iran being lined after Syria. Think how close they came with that faked chemical attack.

Deliberately balkanizing the middle east and destabilizing the region. It is strategic and the human suffering is evidently unimportant to the people pulling the strings.

Attacks like this don't bother them at all neither as they will be used to shape public opinion for more of their insanity. Europe is just as expendable to them as the middle east was. Causing a refugee crisis, they actually like that as weakens and undermines even more countries. Welcome to the Empire of Chaos.

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was out drinking last night and watching the match not too far from the bataclan. Didn't really notice anything until I started getting messages telling me to go home. Even stopped for a kebab and wondered what all the sirens were about. Then when I got home and got hit with the rolling news hyperbole the penny finally dropped.

What's scary about this one is that the bataclan is somewhere I would go. Last night they slaughtered a bunch of metal heads and rockers. Think about that happening at the garage in glasgow, which is the same kind of place with about the same size.

Worst of all, we may all be dragged into never ending external and internal wars against an 'enemy' that nobody really understands, or recognises.

Think we already are. Our conflict with the middle east seems to have gone on forever and shows no signs of ever letting up.

A terrible thing. It's almost impossible to find a way to prevent these without persecuting innocent people as well.

On a more specific note, I hope all the Glasgow Warriors fans in Paris this weekend were not caught up in it.

A Scottish Lad was on the news, he was at the football when the suicide bombs went off.

TBH if I were a Warriors fan in Paris, I'd have been at that game last night.

J

First off my heart goes out to those innocents and there family's who were killed last night a tragedy that will take time for them to come to terms with.

Now anybody who says all those crossing the med were just refugees fleeing the crisis in syria is totally naive. Yes I agree that the vast majority will probably be but it would be very easy for Isis to drip feed sleepers into the migration and spread them across Europe and Russia. I wouldn't be surprised if the traffickers are connected to Isis or one of there splinter groups as Isis know its a good way to make money. The sleepers will have been given an address to go to and then just act normal until they get the order. It doesn't even take a mass of communication to activate a cell just 1 call such as a wrong number, a word passed in passing or a dead letter drop. Even an innocent mark left in the right place can do it. This is why it is so hard to fight against them. Even Russia has admitted it had sleeper cells in place during the cold war.

How do we combat this I don't know but I do feel the establishment will use this to push public opinion more towards putting boots on the ground and drag us once again into a war.

It's time to get proper stuck in to these ISIS kunts, no lessons are being learned from the attacks and they keep happening and getting worse. It's time for the whole world to unite and do whatever it takes to wipe out these fecking cowards!

Surely that is isis goal to get western troops on the ground in Syria and get their so called holy war

I turned off an hour or so back.

'Rolling News' etc

Drives me mad.

Also, I'm struggling with reading/watching all this, and knowing this coverage is exactly the aim of the terrorists.

Feel a bit complicit.

Decided to listen to music.

Albeit angry music.

If music be the food of love... play on.

You can go back a lot longer than that but if religion didn't exist mankind would just find some other excuse.

Tribal - in its broadest sense.

'Man' is only a small step away from the bestial. (But at least animals tend to do it to sustain their lives.)

The next few generations have got a fair old shift in front of them the way things seem to be going (at a rapid speed too).

It's at times like this that I am thankful that my wife and I were unable to have children, the thought of introducing offspring into such a ####ed up world would fill us with dread for them.