Scotland Players In Action - Page 129 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the futures bright

sad if that's what's he's watching

I quite like Kevin McDonald; I'm slightly surprised that he hasn't been called up to the full squad yet.

It's a fair point though. Not so long ago it was rare for the Scotland manager to be taking in an English game that wasn't a top flight fixture. You can only piss with the dick you've got though, I suppose.

Watched rohdes score a cracker on wednesday ditto yesterday.how stachan doesnt even put him in the squad beats me.I dont think he's had a fair crack of the whip.

This has been covered before. Horses for courses or maybe it should be players for teams. Rhodes is not the type of striker Strachan can employ in the side. For his strategy he needs a striker who can hold the ball up ìn the lone striker role and feed supporting midfielders and that just isn't Jordan Rhodes.

I quite like Kevin McDonald; I'm slightly surprised that he hasn't been called up to the full squad yet.

It's a fair point though. Not so long ago it was rare for the Scotland manager to be taking in an English game that wasn't a top flight fixture. You can only piss with the dick you've got though, I suppose.[/quote

McDonald is not a bad player. Not in the class of someone like Tom cairney, or Ryan jack or dorrans who can't get near the side. A decent player who has many players more able and abilitited than he to even consider for the squad

Every profesional player should be able to play in part of a team which has been set up to play in a certain way. Im also confident that Strachan will play a counter attack style with one up front, im also confident that much to our frustration Fletcher will start the match despite having not played more than 30 mins football between now and then