Scotland Players In Action - Page 130 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Players In Action

kmcca5

Fletcher has been poor for Sunderland and Scotland - not for the want of trying or not getting game time.

It's time for a change. Rhodes with Naismith just off him.

People are forgetting Huddersfield playing counter-attack with Rhodes doing all the damage.

That said, I'm not sure we should be counter attacking against Poland when at home. Just go for the jugular and don't give them a second on the ball in our half.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Langtonian, on 19 Sept 2015 - 11:56 PM, said:

the futures bright

sad if that's what's he's watching

Graham Shinnie, Ryan Jack and Kenny McLean ran the game vs Hearts Yesterday, a week after dominating Biton, Brown & Rogic vs Celtic.

None of them will get a Scotland call up though.

Graham Shinnie, Ryan Jack and Kenny McLean ran the game vs Hearts Yesterday, a week after dominating Biton, Brown & Rogic vs Celtic.

None of them will get a Scotland call up though.

Cool story, bro. Would have been better if you mentioned none of them have full international experience and would be thrown into the deepest of ends in a must-win game versus a good Poland side. A Poland side that contains infinitely better players than FK Shkëndija.

Who gives a phuk if we don't qualify - as long as inexperienced Aberdeen players get called up.

Let them bide their time. If they're good enough, they'll get the call.

Those players you mentioned are not Scotland players. So away to Football Related with this pish.

Edited by OLAS

I think GS has his way of playing and for the first few games it worked.

Now teams understand what we are doing we have to be able to change how we play. PLAN B

That's when we need players like Rhodes and Russell and Ritchie. If we don't have these players in the squad we can't change how we play.

How bad we were in Georgia and not being able to change how we play killed us and could stop us from being in France.

We need to keep the other team guessing how we are going to play otherwise it becomes to easy for them.

OLAS, on 21 Sept 2015 - 09:57 AM, said:

Cool story, bro. Would have been better if you mentioned none of them have full international experience and would be thrown into the deepest of ends in a must-win game versus a good Poland side. A Poland side that contains infinitely better players than FK Shkëndija.

Who gives a phuk if we don't qualify - as long as inexperienced Aberdeen players get called up.

Let them bide their time. If they're good enough, they'll get the call.

Those players you mentioned are not Scotland players. So away to Football Related with this pish.

What the fvck are you on about, you lunatic?!? You been on the sauce again?

I'm not advocating throwing any of them in against Poland. I'm advocating giving players, who have played consistently well over a long period of time (longer than this season), being called up to squads (not particularly the next one) and being given a chance. I'm amazed Strachan didn't do this against Qatar. It was the perfect game to do it but he chose not to. It's important to plan for players being out of form (Scott Brown), suspended (Morrison) and injured.

We've got posts here talking about CMS and Kirk Broadfoot. Yet you're having a go at me for talking about Jack, Shinnie & McLean? Yeah, good one...

Away calm down, have 20 pints and make an embarrassment of yourself, as usual.

I'm not advocating throwing any of them in against Poland. I'm advocating giving players, who have played consistently well over a long period of time (longer than this season), being called up to squads (not particularly the next one) and being given a chance. I'm amazed Strachan didn't do this against Qatar. It was the perfect game to do it but he chose not to. It's important to plan for players being out of form (Scott Brown), suspended (Morrison) and injured.

We've got posts here talking about CMS and Kirk Broadfoot. Yet you're having a go at me for talking about Jack, Shinnie & McLean? Yeah, good one...

:ok:

Thread title - "Scotland Players In Action". Make a new fecking thread if you want to start bubbling like a wean about them not being picked.

I'd also advise you to move away from the thin ice you're on with the personal digs.

OLAS, on 21 Sept 2015 - 1:36 PM, said:

Thread title - "Scotland Players In Action". Make a new fecking thread if you want to start bubbling like a wean about them not being picked.

I'd also advise you to move away from the thin ice you're on with the personal digs.

I'm not "bubbling like a wean". I'm saying that 3 past Scotland under 21 internationals are playing consistently well in our league and dominating the middle of the park against Hearts and Celtic (2 of the 3 best teams in Scotland, IMO) and should be considered for inclusion in upcoming squads. At the same time i'm expressing my frustration that they have been omitted from past squads, particularly the Qatar game, where it would've been useful to give inexperienced players a run out.

You're the one who started swearing at me in this thread and acting aggressively, so it's a bit ridiculous for you to start "bubbling like a wean" when someone responds in kind. I'm not really interested in getting in to a daft wee slagging match with you, to be honest. Crack on with the hardman routine though, if it makes you happy :ok:

OLAS, on 21 Sept 2015 - 3:51 PM, said:

I repeat for your sensitive ears; If they're good enough, they'll get the call.

This thread is for talking about Scotland and potential Scotland players. You could just put the same comment about every player mentioned... :lol:

liviloyal, on 22 Sept 2015 - 09:25 AM, said:

Would be good to see Boyd get a chance when it comes around to friendly time again!

A 30-year old foreign journeyman who's done hee haw in the chances he's already had. Hopefully he's nowhere near the squad.

I think GS has his way of playing and for the first few games it worked.

Now teams understand what we are doing we have to be able to change how we play. PLAN B

That's when we need players like Rhodes and Russell and Ritchie. If we don't have these players in the squad we can't change how we play.

How bad we were in Georgia and not being able to change how we play killed us and could stop us from being in France.

We need to keep the other team guessing how we are going to play otherwise it becomes to easy for them.

I totally agree with this. Spot on.

However, to change our tactics and go two up top is our only real option and I am sorry but I just don't see Rhodes or Griffiths being goal-getters in crunch matches for us - they (in my opinion) are just not good enough at international level. They merit a chance but I hold no confidence in them whatsoever.

The Poland match is a quandary now. Does Strachan use the few days with the squad trying to totally overhaul the system he has engrained into the players and that generally has served us well until the last couple of games and try to get us playing a new system. A bit of a shot in the dark and may leave the players and team a bit more disjointed playing a system new to them under Strachan. Failing that we stick with the tried and trusted system but risk being 'worked out' and negated by the Poles. I'd prefer the lets go for it method of two up top and at least go down fighting.

I don't think GS should change our formation and tactics this late in the campaign; he needs to have a Plan B in case we are in the sh*t against Poland but GS stated himself that the problem that he addressed when he took over from CL was that the players didn't have a formation where they all understood their roles. They have this now and changing too much will only introduce confusion.

The team showed a marked difference in desire against Germany and I hope that that transfers to the Polish game giving us the result we all want.