Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 80 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

While I think there's always room for good-natured banter, all the 'Sevco', 'The The Rangers' etc. stuff just becomes repetitive and tedious.

This is first and foremost a Scotland board and most of the Rangers fans on here seem like good guys - Wolfie, Fairbairn, TT, Angus, Larky, Eddard, TartanJon (sorry if I've missed anyone out) - so I tend not to go for cheap pot shots.

I'm sure my dad told me he knew Douglas Park growing up, my dad played football with his brother, but he (Douglas park) didn't like football.

Useless fact, but presuming I've remembered correctly, could mean he's just another looking to make some money? As opposed to having the best interests of the club at heart.

While I think there's always room for good-natured banter, all the 'Sevco', 'The The Rangers' etc. stuff just becomes repetitive and tedious.

This is first and foremost a Scotland board and most of the Rangers fans on here seem like good guys - Wolfie, Fairbairn, TT, Angus, Larky, Eddard, TartanJon (sorry if I've missed anyone out) - so I tend not to go for cheap pot shots.

Agree 100% - they've had it ripped out them for two years, just one thing I'd ask the Bears on here, would you be interested in taking Barry Ferguson as your manager (please)

I'm sure my dad told me he knew Douglas Park growing up, my dad played football with his brother, but he (Douglas park) didn't like football.

Useless fact, but presuming I've remembered correctly, could mean he's just another looking to make some money? As opposed to having the best interests of the club at heart.

He's someone I've known of as being a "wealthy Rangers fan" for quite some time now so I do think he has the clubs interest at heart.

Agree 100% - they've had it ripped out them for two years, just one thing I'd ask the Bears on here, would you be interested in taking Barry Ferguson as your manager (please)

No.

Er ye a Rangers man yerself?

:lol: Edited by Scunnered

Well said Angus, As a Celtic fan id be lying if I said I wasnt laughing my pants off at what is happenning at Rangers but as most of the Rangers fans on here are pro - Indy then there really isnt much point in coming on gloating nor do i really want to score points off anyone who is pro-Indy anyway.You folks have got it hard enough with having to put up with the unionist nonsense from your fellow Rangers supporters so fair play to youse.

I would expect nothing less and can honestly say it doesn't bother me one bit. I've had a LOT worse at the fitba'. Anyway I appreciate the sentiments although not necessarily the reasoning. The referendum isn't something I ever discussed on here so I won' start now. I will say one thing though, it brought it the absolute worst in some The bile and insults getting thrown around was/is embarrassing IMO.

Feck me, just shows how much attention I pay. Honestly thought you were a Gers man m8 :-)):-))

EDIT - In fact scratch that, you are a Thistle fan aint you? Think I noticed a fortnight ago and was surprised at that point :blush:

God no!!

Edited by Angus_Young

Ok, so you have me down as a "bad yin", thats your name added to "The List" Mr Endell. :wink2:

Park as in Parks of Hamilton...I guess this solves the mystery of how Jimmy Bellend is still in a job. Wee spy on the inside no doubt.

Personally if I was a hunn I'd take Ashley any feckin day of the week over this shower of shyte but I guess those traditions have to be maintained, could not have RFC run by an outsider, like an ordinary club, for profit...nooooooo. Instead they will run it into the ground, it is the way of the peepil.

Why would you want a guy worth billions owning RFC, clearly that is rubbish. Much better this lot. Oh yes.

Ahhh-root-toot-toot!

No I get all that and I like to think I take it on the chin as much as the next Rangers fan. I just find it a bit frustrating to have to read post after post and dig after dig about us being deid, not the same club etc only to be met with almost a sense of anger when we try to say we think we are. There are certain posters on here who pretty much can't post about Rangers without dropping in a (not so) thinly veiled dig about new club etc yet you rarely see it mentioned by "us" unless it's in reaction to one of these posts.

I'm very sensitive to upsetting folk and genuinely didn't mean to. Apologies.

I am therefore willing to go from 'the The Rangers' to 'The Rangers' in 2015 as a goodwill gesture.

Ach payback will be sweet. .

...erm... This is the payback.

Say 9,500 for 2 games at full capacity, minus say 2,000 for the Dundee fans (they took rangers place) so 7,500. Minus the fans that stay away when rangers/celtic visit (either because of trouble/seeing team get humped/on tv) say 2,000 so 5,500 fans missing. As Aberdeen are going well in 2nd place as there is no rangers, add 2,000 for them so a total of 3,500 missing seats over the season so £87,500 pounds lost. You then have to take into account the reduced police/steward costs due to rangers so it is hardly Armageddon for Motherwell.

plus Motherwell (and every other team) are guaranteed to be one place higher than they would have been pre-Armageddon. With that comes a higher share of prize money and tv money.

Have to agree with you here mate. When it comes to fitba' message boards it's usually just a harmless wind up for most sensible folk. There is a deep rooted hatred and bitterness shown from others mind you and I know there are some on here who will dislike me simply because I support Rangers. They are generally incapable of reasonable debate or reason unless it suits their agenda, so I generally don't bother. How can I get upset at folk I've never even met and who essentially know feck all about me? I also think folks are way over the score on sites like this because it's anonymous. Some of the tripe I read is so ridiculous I simply can't believe it to be true. Certainly half the folk spouting it wouldn't carry on like that face to face with someone.

I must point out though, I'm talking in general terms, there is a flip side to everything and we obviously have our fair share of guys in our support who live their lives the same way. It's ironic but the fitba' fans that wind me up most are fellow Bears, I'm forever arguing with someone on FF, usually down to some idiotic, paranoia our fans show. When did we become so precious?

It's the nature of it IMO. Fitba' means a huge deal to all of us but it's not life and death. One of the lads i go to Scotland games with is a massive Tim. He has been a best mate of mine for 15 years. I get all the 'dead' jokes from him and on Valentines Day each year I've had a 'thinking about you' text from him. He's a swine but it's all just a wind up.

Bottom line is, guys of other clubs can get ripped into me all they want, I don't blame them, christ I took great delight in kicking them when they were down during 9 in a row so I'm not going to get all high and shitey when I get it back. I've said before I don't hate anyone, and certainly no one in connection with fitba'. Those that do are just sad b@stards.

All IMHO of course

It just takes a some bad eggs to give a team's support a bad name.

Unfortunately for Rangers, they have always seemed to have a higher proportions of bawbags than other supports. Plus the club have actually pandered to it a lot over the years (WTF was that orange strip about other than a sectarian jibe).

A bit of house cleaning would go a long way to gaining some friends. For example, getting rid of that idiot kit man and other less high profile knuckle dragging employees, and having a zero tolerance policy on all the orange/ sectarian pish would be a good start

I'm very sensitive to upsetting folk and genuinely didn't mean to. Apologies.

I am therefore willing to go from 'the The Rangers' to 'The Rangers' in 2015 as a goodwill gesture.

...erm... This is the payback.

Bloody hell are you all going soft all of a sudden? Don't think it would be the same place without the abuse mate so don't worry yourself :) :) :)

Park as in Parks of Hamilton...I guess this solves the mystery of how Jimmy Bellend is still in a job. Wee spy on the inside no doubt.

Personally if I was a hunn I'd take Ashley any feckin day of the week over this shower of shyte but I guess those traditions have to be maintained, could not have RFC run by an outsider, like an ordinary club, for profit...nooooooo. Instead they will run it into the ground, it is the way of the peepil.

Why would you want a guy worth billions owning RFC, clearly that is rubbish. Much better this lot. Oh yes.

Ahhh-root-toot-toot!

Presumably the same would apply to Newcastle fans as well who are desperate to get rid off Ashley. I know nothing about the three bears so aren't going to make any comment on the implied sectarianism except to say that most Rangers fans just want people who are genuinely concerned for the club's future to be involved rather than the mobsters who have been running the club in recent history.

Presumably the same would apply to Newcastle fans as well who are desperate to get rid off Ashley. I know nothing about the three bears so aren't going to make any comment on the implied sectarianism except to say that most Rangers fans just want people who are genuinely concerned for the club's future to be involved rather than the mobsters who have been running the club in recent history.

I don't know much about these people either, but if the Rangers fans had a choice between somebody like Ashley (who is looking to make some money), and a bunch of bigots (not saying that what these 'Bears' are) being in charge, which would they choose?

Compared to the English top league, the money to be made from Rangers is very small indeed, even if Rangers were to be qualifying for the group stage of the Champions League every year. When you consider this, could Ashley actually be wanting to invest in Rangers so that he could be the owner of a team that is competing for trophies every year? Could it actually be about the sport, rather than the money? If so, could the Rangers fans be backing the wrong horse here?