Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 77 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest faircity

While this is true and I did laugh at it myself the situation is no different for any other club in Scotland including mine - Celtic.

Gone are the days where we were signing decent players and should a Bolton, Forest, Norwich etc come along our players too will be off and it's the same for Motherwell, Aberdeen etc where clubs like Barnsley are seen as preferable to those in Scotland.

Totally agree, couldn't resist though.

in the context of why he is being sold and the refusal to consider alternative funding sources the fee is low compared to what he could be worth in a couple of years. Total disaster .

Totally agree, I meant in the here and now. We aren't really in a position to argue given the route the board appear to want to go down.

As I said very sad to see him go mate as, like you, I do think he could go onto bigger and better things. Time will tell if we are to be proved right with that.

Nonsense. Stevie May went for about £700k and had scored a bucketful of goals n the SPL. You're in the same boat as the rest of us now and you better get used to the fact that you're not special and won't get special treatment like you used to.

But he plays for the Glasgow rangers.

I hope the likes of Eddard and other orcs keep the same attitude, the sense of entitlement and feeling of superiority is what has taken them to where they are now, long may it continue.

This is only more evidence that Armageddon is hurting that club more than any other side.

agree 100% (God when is the last time I said that to a rangers fan :-)) ). Hope he can go on and show the talent he obviously has

Don't get me wrong I'm gutted to lose him, but we are such shit state I need to concede he would be better off elsewhere. Can't believe I'm even saying that but it's the reality of the situation. The club is being run into the ground and the current coaching staff don't have a clue. If anything all they have done is turn decent players to average and average players to completely useless.

Anyway good to see not everyone uses stuff like this to tell us all how bitter they are. Well said m8 :ok:

BBC reporting the Rangers board will respond positively to the Douglas Park consortium offer. Lets wait and see if conditions are attached.

The conditions I would attach are,

1) Ronnie and Reggie get tae feck

2) Ashley gets his loans repaid, then told to feck aff back to Newcastle

3) The fraud squad looks at the books

From the Daily Record

PANIC-stricken chairman David Somers pleaded for someone to save Rangers from financial meltdown in the New Year – by sending out begging letters at 4am on Boxing Day.

Record Sport understands Somers sent the emails to a number of wealthy individuals in a bizarre early morning attempt to raise the millions needed to keep the Ibrox club in business in January.

That is desperate, 4am boxing day.

I'd imagine most of these wealthy individuals would either be sleeping off a turkey and champagne hangover or jetting away somewhere warm on holiday. Their PA's would probably think its one of those scam emails from a Nigerian prince

I hope the likes of Eddard and other fellow football fans keep the same attitude, the sense of entitlement and feeling of superiority is what has taken them to where they are now, long may it continue.

This is only more evidence that Armageddon is hurting that club more than any other side.

:ok:

Papped out the Challenge Cup before Christmas. It wasn't long ago these same fans were greetin' at no European football after Christmas! :lol:

How the mighty have fallen.

It would probably be more embarrassing for them to be the only Glasgow club to have won the Petrofac cup to be honest...

That is desperate, 4am boxing day.

I'd imagine most of these wealthy individuals would either be sleeping off a turkey and champagne hangover or jetting away somewhere warm on holiday. Their PA's would probably think its one of those scam emails from a Nigerian prince

Half right!

:ok:

Papped out the Challenge Cup before Christmas. It wasn't long ago these same fans were greetin' at no European football after Christmas! :lol:

How the mighty have fallen.

It would probably be more embarrassing for them to be the only Glasgow club to have won the Petrofac cup to be honest...

I doubt that. Did you miss the celebrations when they won the 3rd Division?

Looked that up. An old BBC article says it was a pre-contract move so Well probably got about £250,000 or something around that in compensation.

However if Barnsley did pay £1,000,000 for Jim O'Brien then they need their fecking heads examined !

Skacel went from Hearts to Southampton for over about £1,500,000.

And did Aberdeen really get £1,000,000 from Sunderland for Russell Anderson ? :blink:

Raith rovers got £1 million for stevie mccinespie to bolton 20 years ago.

Seems as though The Rangers and Celtic are the ones who are having a shit time of it, plenty of other teams are having a hoot of a time!

This "Armageddon" seems to have hit 2 clubs in particular..........wee shame!!

Eh?!

Celtic are top of the league, still in both cups and still in Europe. Not to mention debt free. How exactly are we "having a shit time of it"?

Edited by PASTA Mick

Eh?!

Celtic are top of the league, still in both cups and still in Europe. Not to mention debt free. How exactly are we "having a shit time of it"?

Mainly the fact that your fans are dressed up as seats. They'll be like flies over shite for first old firm at Parkhead though.

Celtic literally couldn't give tickets away at weekend (rich I know from a killie fan!)

You're also not exactly flying in league either

Mainly the fact that your fans are dressed up as seats. They'll be like flies over shite for first old firm at Parkhead though.

Celtic literally couldn't give tickets away at weekend (rich I know from a killie fan!)

You're also not exactly flying in league either

I don't think that is "having a shit time of it".

Scotland didn't sell out against Georgia. I doubt Strachan is too worried about it.

Eh?!

All the positives you mention and yet your stadium is seldom even half full nowadays. Your team is playing unattractive hoofball and your new manager does not seem to know what team or tactical set-up is best.

You are not going to tell me that you are content with things as they are?

your are excited about playing a team who are 11th in Serie A?

To be fair, inter Milan and the San siro have a bit of glamour and a draw about them! Regardless of their current league placing.

I was very jealous of the Icelandic mob that beat us getting that draw!

Not that I wouldn't like to visit the bet butler stadium or recreation park.

Edited by sbcmfc

No half as excited as you lot got playing a team from the championship managed by an ex engerland manager.

don't have a clue what you are on about.Its an unhealthy obsession that Celtic fans have with Rangers. To the detriment of their own club. One would think they get more pleasure at the suffering of our club than the pleasure of seeing their own club doing well.

don't have a clue what you are on about.Its an unhealthy obsession that Celtic fans have with Rangers. To the detriment of their own club. One would think they get more pleasure at the suffering of our club than the pleasure of seeing their own club doing well.

Of course you don't.

I can feel your pain from here and it is pleasing, extremely pleasing.

The death of Rangers did bring me a lot of joy.

The suffering of The Rangers is also very pleasurable.

I prefer winning leagues and playing in the Champions League but the carry on at Ibrox is brilliant.