Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 75 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Having investigated this in depth, on google for about 15 minutes, it appears that Jimmy Bellend is considered a miserable humourless even by the huuns themselves and no one can understand why he is there other than him being part of "The Clique".

I am curious about The Clique...who is in it? Apart from this bawbag and Sallary, and Walter...?

Lewis MacLeod in London today for a medical with Brentford according to reports. Deal expected to be £1m. Shocking return for a superb prospect. I think this board are cashing in on playing assets before they don't have an opportunity to make these decisions. One would a least hope there is a sell on clause.

Edited by EddardStark

Good summary from Richard Wilson here on what may lie in store in 2015.

"The situation is clear yet complicated.

Rangers need money urgently and the fans want to see change in the boardroom.

Ashley effectively controls the club, but cannot invest further in return for shares without attracting SFA sanctions - although he can try to legally challenge the ruling.

A group of Rangers fans want to invest, but that would lessen the control of those currently in the boardroom.

The stage is set for further turmoil."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30628144

Edited by EddardStark

From the Daily Record

PANIC-stricken chairman David Somers pleaded for someone to save Rangers from financial meltdown in the New Year – by sending out begging letters at 4am on Boxing Day.

Record Sport understands Somers sent the emails to a number of wealthy individuals in a bizarre early morning attempt to raise the millions needed to keep the Ibrox club in business in January.

The cash appeal – which indicates the high level of boardroom concern at the club’s latest plight – was launched just two days after the SFA blocked Mike Ashley’s plan to plough around £8million into the club by taking his holding up to 29.9 per cent.

And the apparent urgent nature of this latest move has shocked those potential saviours who woke on Boxing Day to discover they had been contacted by the man at the head of the crisis-hit regime.

It’s understood Somers asked all the various parties, including Sales Sharks owner Brian Kennedy, if they would be prepared to step into Ashley’s shoes by underwriting a share issue and snapping up more than 40 million new shares. Failing that, Somers asked if any of them would be willing to lend large amounts of emergency cash to the club on a secured basis.

As of last night, there was no indication that Somers had been successful with either request. Last night the Rangers chairman could not be contacted.

The move came after a trio of wealthy Rangers fans, Douglas Park, George Letham and George Taylor, put together an offer of £6.5m to underwrite the anticipated emergency share issue in an attempt to win control of the club back from Sports Direct magnate Ashley.

A separate offer of £16m in funding from South African-based businessman Dave King remains on the table despite being rejected by the Rangers board two months ago when they chose instead to accept a drip feed of crisis loans from Ashley.

Edited by EddardStark

Lewis MacLeod in London today for a medical with Brentford according to reports. Deal expected to be £1m. Shocking return for a superb prospect. I think this board are cashing in on playing assets before they don't have an opportunity to make these decisions. One would a least hope there is a sell on clause.

Eh?? A player that has never played top flight football, no full international caps, never played in a major cup final.... £1m is an amazing return. Throw in the fact that Brentford will be only too aware of Rangers' financial woes and I'd say £1m is actually more than what they need to pay.

To put it in perspective, Falkirk (same division) have sold a few young prospects recently to English Premiership and Championships and never for a million pounds

Eh?? A player that has never played top flight football, no full international caps, never played in a major cup final.... £1m is an amazing return. Throw in the fact that Brentford will be only too aware of Rangers' financial woes and I'd say £1m is actually more than what they need to pay.

To put it in perspective, Falkirk (same division) have sold a few young prospects recently to English Premiership and Championships and never for a million pounds

I agree with you on one thing. Circumstances have dictated the fee. However if and its a big if we got promoted I would guarantee he would go for double that value at least. I would hope we have a sell on fee as he will move on in time.

Edited by EddardStark

I agree with you on one thing. Circumstances have dictated the fee. However if and its a big if we got promoted I would guarantee he would go for double that value at least. I would hope we have a sell on fee as he will move on in time.

As a Scotland fan I certainly hope your right in your assessment of the player.

Surely the board will insist upon a sell on fee - but they're not the most financially astute lot.

Remind me again, how did John Fleck's career pan out?

Going by your logic, the Hearts squad must be worth about £20 million.

Nonsense. Stevie May went for about £700k and had scored a bucketful of goals n the SPL. You're in the same boat as the rest of us now and you better get used to the fact that you're not special and won't get special treatment like you used to.

There is no way Brentford are paying £1m for a Rangers player.That is just made up paper stuff.

Not necessarily Brentford spent a similar figure in the summer buying a forward from Orient who was slightly older than Macleod and had never played at a higher level than the English 1 division.

Nonsense. Stevie May went for about £700k and had scored a bucketful of goals n the SPL. You're in the same boat as the rest of us now and you better get used to the fact that you're not special and won't get special treatment like you used to.

spare the the continued lectures please. Its mind numbingly boring.We know where we are.

There is no way Brentford are paying £1m for a Rangers player.That is just made up paper stuff.

Whilst we are on the subject of made up paper stuff, big shout out to The Scottish Sun for having their two lead stories on yesterday's back page (Macleod to Brentford and Ciftci to Celtic) without a single quote from any of the parties concerned.

Quality journalism.

I think given what McLeod has achieved in his career to date, the level he's been playing at and our current financial predicament that £1M is a decent amount for us to receive for him. I'd hope there are various different add ons and sell on clauses but knowing our board I'd doubt it.

What does disappoint me is that I'd hope the boy would set his sights a bit higher than Brentford. I'm not for a minute suggesting that he holds out for an EPL team but I'd think he could hold out and move to a bigger/more established Championship team should he want to move on.

I think given what McLeod has achieved in his career to date, the level he's been playing at and our current financial predicament that £1M is a decent amount for us to receive for him. I'd hope there are various different add ons and sell on clauses but knowing our board I'd doubt it.

What does disappoint me is that I'd hope the boy would set his sights a bit higher than Brentford. I'm not for a minute suggesting that he holds out for an EPL team but I'd think he could hold out and move to a bigger/more established Championship team should he want to move on.

I remember Aberdeen fans coming out with the same lines when Fraser went to Bournemouth. If a club impresses a player with their aim for the future, the managers plans for you as a player and the support team around you; it's sometimes better to go to a team on the way up than a 'big' team struggling.

I wonder how much of the £1 million Rangers would receive immediately, it wouldn't be the first time a fee has been announced and then money up front turns out to be significantly lower. Anyhow if Macleod leaves and is successful then I have no doubt that larger clubs will circle and snap him up, for a club like Brentford buying young promising players at sensible prices and selling them on is a good business model (peterborough had been very successful using that approach until recently)

I wonder how much of the £1 million Rangers would receive immediately, it wouldn't be the first time a fee has been announced and then money up front turns out to be significantly lower. Anyhow if Macleod leaves and is successful then I have no doubt that larger clubs will circle and snap him up, for a club like Brentford buying young promising players at sensible prices and selling them on is a good business model (peterborough had been very successful using that approach until recently)

I'd imagine it'll all be going to Ashley in part payment for his loans anyway so the structure of the payment is pretty irrelevant.