Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 76 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Did Motherwell not get about £1m+ for Jim O'Brien when they sold him?

Looked that up. An old BBC article says it was a pre-contract move so Well probably got about £250,000 or something around that in compensation.

However if Barnsley did pay £1,000,000 for Jim O'Brien then they need their fecking heads examined !

Skacel went from Hearts to Southampton for over about £1,500,000.

And did Aberdeen really get £1,000,000 from Sunderland for Russell Anderson ? :blink:

Edited by ErsatzThistle

Scott Allan looks a far better player than McLeod from what I've seen of them both & he's only slightly older. I don't think too many folk would be stunned if he only went for £1m, so I don't get the valuations some folk seem to be dreaming of for McLeod.

I know a lot of bears will see this as a step down, but Brentford looks a good move for him. Well in with a shout of the playoffs this season & it's such an open Championship, maybe even more. Let's be honest, what exactly would he be stepping down from?

Will be interested to see if the hype is justified this time.

Scott Allan looks a far better player than McLeod from what I've seen of them both & he's only slightly older. I don't think too many folk would be stunned if he only went for £1m, so I don't get the valuations some folk seem to be dreaming of for McLeod.

I know a lot of bears will see this as a step down, but Brentford looks a good move for him. Well in with a shout of the playoffs this season & it's such an open Championship, maybe even more. Let's be honest, what exactly would he be stepping down from?

Will be interested to see if the hype is justified this time.

Allan is worth at least £5 million, everyone look away, nothing to see here. :D

Are Brentford not flying high at the moment?

Clubs like them and Bournemouth obviously sell themselves thought style of football and ability to develop. Remember ryan fraser was ridiculed when he left, by me aswell, but it doesn't look a bad move a few years on, could be in the english premiership next season.

Clubs like them and Bournemouth obviously sell themselves thought style of football and ability to develop. Remember ryan fraser was ridiculed when he left, by me aswell, but it doesn't look a bad move a few years on, could be in the english premiership next season.

Ryan Fraser took a gamble which has paid off. There was doubt that the mega bucks Russian owner would stick around and he'd played very few games for Aberdeen.

Like Scott Allan at Utd I think we were entitled to feel disappointed that he didn't give us a year or 2 in the first team given all his development through the youth system.

They are & they're very well run now. Potentially a great move for McLeod.

I don't think there was ever anything to the rumours of him going to an EPL club, but he'd have vanished. Even if Brentford don't go up, this is a great chance to make an impression down there.

Going for a million will be a stinger for the bears right enough. I wonder if there are any sell on clauses or if they just wanted the Wonga up front? Dare say it'll be going direct to the Bank of Mike, so probably not.

Ryan Fraser took a gamble which has paid off. There was doubt that the mega bucks Russian owner would stick around and he'd played very few games for Aberdeen.

Like Scott Allan at Utd I think we were entitled to feel disappointed that he didn't give us a year or 2 in the first team given all his development through the youth system.

Definitely.

Fraser has also been a sub more than he's started for Bournemouth and appears to have done very little. So a bit early to be declaring his move a success. He'd have around 60 starts under his belt by now if he'd have stayed at Aberdeen.

Sorry to see him go but not at all surprised. As I said previously he still had it all to prove but was one of the few lads that did look like he had something about him.

I know Brentford like to play football and have big ambitions as a club (they have just had a stadium redevelopment approved). Going to a forward thinking club and to a team that wants to play the game the right way should help him flourish into the player we all hope he can be.

I wish him nothing but the best and hope we are cheering him on in a Scotland shirt in the coming years.

Fee is about right IMO.

Sorry to see him go but not at all surprised. As I said previously he still had it all to prove but was one of the few lads that did look like he had something about him.

I know Brentford like to play football and have big ambitions as a club (they have just had a stadium redevelopment approved). Going to a forward thinking club and to a team that wants to play the game the right way should help him flourish into the player we all hope he can be.

I wish him nothing but the best and hope we are cheering him on in a Scotland shirt in the coming years.

Fee is about right IMO.

in the context of why he is being sold and the refusal to consider alternative funding sources the fee is low compared to what he could be worth in a couple of years. Total disaster .

Did Motherwell not get about £1m+ for Jim O'Brien when they sold him?

:lol:

No chance. Last player we got over a million for was McFadden to Everton. Only other one I think was O'donnell to Celtic (which wouldn't be covered by my criteria of leaving Scotland). IIRC Chelsea offered £1million for Tom Boyd in 1991, but the fee dropped to 750k as he stayed until the end of the season.

laughing at your own jokes now? Is that what a 0-0 draw with Ross County does to you? What's the match day experience like at Paradise these days?

Seems as though The Rangers and Celtic are the ones who are having a shit time of it, plenty of other teams are having a hoot of a time!

This "Armageddon" seems to have hit 2 clubs in particular..........wee shame!!

Guest faircity

I think its fantastic, another nail in the coffin.

Imagine the shame of the mighty Glasgow Rangers getting mugged, losing their only talent to the behemoth that is Brentford.

How much lower can they sink?

Tick Tock.

laughing at your own jokes now? Is that what a 0-0 draw with Ross County does to you? What's the match day experience like at Paradise these days?

Na, I'm just waiting to see what this end game you've been promising us for ages is.....

Listen, we're a nonsense as well. After the County game, I've pretty much given up on Deila. Defended him for long enough, but I've just been making excuses of late to kid myself on. 6 points clear of Hamilton after 18 games tells you all is not how it should be.

I'm sure you'll forgive me for laughing at you guys whilst all is not well with us :ok:

Edited by Kenneth Farrington

I think its fantastic, another nail in the coffin.

Imagine the shame of the mighty Glasgow Rangers getting mugged, losing their only talent to the behemoth that is Brentford.

How much lower can they sink?

Tick Tock.

While this is true and I did laugh at it myself the situation is no different for any other club in Scotland including mine - Celtic.

Gone are the days where we were signing decent players and should a Bolton, Forest, Norwich etc come along our players too will be off and it's the same for Motherwell, Aberdeen etc where clubs like Barnsley are seen as preferable to those in Scotland.

Fee is about right IMO.

agree 100% (God when is the last time I said that to a rangers fan :-)) ). Hope he can go on and show the talent he obviously has