Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 79 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

I think you'll find that the vast majority of fans from ALL other clubs are taking great pleasure in the whole The Rangers debacle.

Their attitude since the formation of the new club will only have served to harden everybody's view. The whole attitude of claiming to be the same club is also highly laughable

Nobody can disagree that the SPL has been a lot more competitive since their death. The longer that their zombie offspring suffer, the better for the other clubs in the senior league (even better if they go bust just like their predecessors)

There's as much, if not more, insistence from other fans to bang on about us not being the same club as there is from Rangers fans saying we are. In fact on here there are a hell of a lot more comments and wee snide digs about us being a new club than you see from even the most ardent Rangers supporting posters claiming otherwise.

There's as much, if not more, insistence from other fans to bang on about us not being the same club as there is from Rangers fans saying we are. In fact on here there are a hell of a lot more comments and wee snide digs about us being a new club than you see from even the most ardent Rangers supporting posters claiming otherwise.

It's football, mate. That's what happens. It's about winding up rival supporters before, during and after games and at all points in between, rubbing their noses in it whenever possible. Scottish football had years of listening to and watching Rangers fans preening and strutting around when in reality it was all built on immoral practices.

Were it Celtic, don't for a second tell us that it would not be the exact same response from everyone else especially the Rangers fans.

The more rage that comes across from certain posters, the more the wind up intensifies, it's human nature! Then you have top class posters like Angus who seems to take it in his stride and he is the kind of Rangers supporter who the majority feel genuinely sorry for. :)

It's football, mate. That's what happens. It's about winding up rival supporters before, during and after games and at all points in between, rubbing their noses in it whenever possible. Scottish football had years of listening to and watching Rangers fans preening and strutting around when in reality it was all built on immoral practices.

Were it Celtic, don't for a second tell us that it would not be the exact same response from everyone else especially the Rangers fans.

The more rage that comes across from certain posters, the more the wind up intensifies, it's human nature! Then you have top class posters like Angus who seems to take it in his stride and he is the kind of Rangers supporter who the majority feel genuinely sorry for. :)

No I get all that and I like to think I take it on the chin as much as the next Rangers fan. I just find it a bit frustrating to have to read post after post and dig after dig about us being deid, not the same club etc only to be met with almost a sense of anger when we try to say we think we are. There are certain posters on here who pretty much can't post about Rangers without dropping in a (not so) thinly veiled dig about new club etc yet you rarely see it mentioned by "us" unless it's in reaction to one of these posts.

Eh?!

Celtic are top of the league, still in both cups and still in Europe. Not to mention debt free. How exactly are we "having a shit time of it"?

ask the 30,000 fans who have stopped coming to your games. As said before, only 2 teams miss rangers, the rangers and celtic.

ask the 30,000 fans who have stopped coming to your games. As said before, only 2 teams miss rangers, the rangers and celtic.

Financially motherwell miss them.

It's about 8-10,000 buns* on seats a season.

Expecting a big turnout from the dons fans on Sunday which might bridge some of the gap.

*that was a typo, but I've left it in, as it's quite Freudian!

Financially motherwell miss them.

It's about 8-10,000 buns* on seats a season.

Expecting a big turnout from the dons fans on Sunday which might bridge some of the gap.

*that was a typo, but I've left it in, as it's quite Freudian!

Say 9,500 for 2 games at full capacity, minus say 2,000 for the Dundee fans (they took rangers place) so 7,500. Minus the fans that stay away when rangers/celtic visit (either because of trouble/seeing team get humped/on tv) say 2,000 so 5,500 fans missing. As Aberdeen are going well in 2nd place as there is no rangers, add 2,000 for them so a total of 3,500 missing seats over the season so £87,500 pounds lost. You then have to take into account the reduced police/steward costs due to rangers so it is hardly Armageddon for Motherwell.

Say 9,500 for 2 games at full capacity, minus say 2,000 for the Dundee fans (they took rangers place) so 7,500. Minus the fans that stay away when rangers/celtic visit (either because of trouble/seeing team get humped/on tv) say 2,000 so 5,500 fans missing. As Aberdeen are going well in 2nd place as there is no rangers, add 2,000 for them so a total of 3,500 missing seats over the season so £87,500 pounds lost. You then have to take into account the reduced police/steward costs due to rangers so it is hardly Armageddon for Motherwell.

Rangers (and celtic) regularly bring 5000+ to fir park, Dundee will bring less than 1000.

In many cases Armageddon is over played, and I certainly don't believe it to be the case, it's almost a joke term, but replacing the travelling supports of Rangers, Hearts and Hibs with Dundee, Hamilton and Inverness most certainly has a financial impact on Motherwell, perhaps more so than other clubs. (Dundee will carry a good support to Perth, tannadice, Edinburgh...)

Unfortunately relative success on the park has done nothing to negate that, unlike Aberdeen for example.

Ach payback will be sweet. Not sure if I will live to see it. I neither seek or expect any empathy from any fan of other clubs.

No I get all that and I like to think I take it on the chin as much as the next Rangers fan. I just find it a bit frustrating to have to read post after post and dig after dig about us being deid, not the same club etc only to be met with almost a sense of anger when we try to say we think we are. There are certain posters on here who pretty much can't post about Rangers without dropping in a (not so) thinly veiled dig about new club etc yet you rarely see it mentioned by "us" unless it's in reaction to one of these posts.

Have to agree with you here mate. When it comes to fitba' message boards it's usually just a harmless wind up for most sensible folk. There is a deep rooted hatred and bitterness shown from others mind you and I know there are some on here who will dislike me simply because I support Rangers. They are generally incapable of reasonable debate or reason unless it suits their agenda, so I generally don't bother. How can I get upset at folk I've never even met and who essentially know feck all about me? I also think folks are way over the score on sites like this because it's anonymous. Some of the tripe I read is so ridiculous I simply can't believe it to be true. Certainly half the folk spouting it wouldn't carry on like that face to face with someone.

I must point out though, I'm talking in general terms, there is a flip side to everything and we obviously have our fair share of guys in our support who live their lives the same way. It's ironic but the fitba' fans that wind me up most are fellow Bears, I'm forever arguing with someone on FF, usually down to some idiotic, paranoia our fans show. When did we become so precious?

It's the nature of it IMO. Fitba' means a huge deal to all of us but it's not life and death. One of the lads i go to Scotland games with is a massive Tim. He has been a best mate of mine for 15 years. I get all the 'dead' jokes from him and on Valentines Day each year I've had a 'thinking about you' text from him. He's a swine but it's all just a wind up.

Bottom line is, guys of other clubs can get ripped into me all they want, I don't blame them, christ I took great delight in kicking them when they were down during 9 in a row so I'm not going to get all high and shitey when I get it back. I've said before I don't hate anyone, and certainly no one in connection with fitba'. Those that do are just sad b@stards.

All IMHO of course

Rangers (and celtic) regularly bring 5000+ to fir park, Dundee will bring less than 1000.

In many cases Armageddon is over played, and I certainly don't believe it to be the case, it's almost a joke term, but replacing the travelling supports of Rangers, Hearts and Hibs with Dundee, Hamilton and Inverness most certainly has a financial impact on Motherwell, perhaps more so than other clubs. (Dundee will carry a good support to Perth, tannadice, Edinburgh...)

Unfortunately relative success on the park has done nothing to negate that, unlike Aberdeen for example.

TBF, the term 'armageddon' was out before Hibs and Hearts got relegated.

Have to agree with you here mate. When it comes to fitba' message boards it's usually just a harmless wind up for most sensible folk. There is a deep rooted hatred and bitterness shown from others mind you and I know there are some on here who will dislike me simply because I support Rangers. They are generally incapable of reasonable debate or reason unless it suits their agenda, so I generally don't bother. How can I get upset at folk I've never even met and who essentially know feck all about me? I also think folks are way over the score on sites like this because it's anonymous. Some of the tripe I read is so ridiculous I simply can't believe it to be true. Certainly half the folk spouting it wouldn't carry on like that face to face with someone.

I must point out though, I'm talking in general terms, there is a flip side to everything and we obviously have our fair share of guys in our support who live their lives the same way. It's ironic but the fitba' fans that wind me up most are fellow Bears, I'm forever arguing with someone on FF, usually down to some idiotic, paranoia our fans show. When did we become so precious?

It's the nature of it IMO. Fitba' means a huge deal to all of us but it's not life and death. One of the lads i go to Scotland games with is a massive Tim. He has been a best mate of mine for 15 years. I get all the 'dead' jokes from him and on Valentines Day each year I've had a 'thinking about you' text from him. He's a swine but it's all just a wind up.

Bottom line is, guys of other clubs can get ripped into me all they want, I don't blame them, christ I took great delight in kicking them when they were down during 9 in a row so I'm not going to get all high and shitey when I get it back. I've said before I don't hate anyone, and certainly no one in connection with fitba'. Those that do are just sad b@stards.

All IMHO of course

All IMHO of course

Well said Angus, As a Celtic fan id be lying if I said I wasnt laughing my pants off at what is happenning at Rangers but as most of the Rangers fans on here are pro - Indy then there really isnt much point in coming on gloating nor do i really want to score points off anyone who is pro-Indy anyway.You folks have got it hard enough with having to put up with the unionist nonsense from your fellow Rangers supporters so fair play to youse.