Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 138 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

He's undoubtedly not fit enough. But Boyd has always been a confidence player and he has very little confidence right now.

Really we need a manager in there who the players will respect, ie a manager who isn't working his notice. No point considering a change before the egm though. The only thing to motivate the players would appear to be that their contracts run out soon so they are playing for their careers at rangers. Although you wouldn't know it with a lot of them.

In amongst all of the magnificent absurdities that have basically been Rangers over the past few years I really do think that an interview of Boyd in The Scotsman a couple of months back just about takes the biscuit. Asked why he wasn't scoring goals in the Championship he said that he had discussed the matter with McCoist and they had agreed that it was because he (Boyd) had been running around too much. Honestly, I read it about half a dozen times, and that genuinely is what it said. The fact that it went unchallenged says a lot about our sporting media too.

Edited by Pool Q

He's undoubtedly not fit enough. But Boyd has always been a confidence player and he has very little confidence right now.

Really we need a manager in there who the players will respect, ie a manager who isn't working his notice. No point considering a change before the egm though. The only thing to motivate the players would appear to be that their contracts run out soon so they are playing for their careers at rangers. Although you wouldn't know it with a lot of them.

when oneill came to celtic and petrov said where do you want me, reply apparently was in the gym to lose a stone before you get on the pitch

any manager with a brain should say the same to boyd

he needs managed if cant do himself

i think mccoist may have been the worlds worst ever manager, in every department

So, in a further episode of incompetence it seems that rangers had a programme with Vukic on the cover, national flag design behind him, all very nice.

Except they used the flag of Slovakia. He's Slovenian.

Ha! Schoolboy error. Many many many folk make this mistake because Slovakia in Slovak is written Slovensko which sort of looks like Slovenia in english.

Ha! Schoolboy error. Many many many folk make this mistake because Slovakia in Slovak is written Slovensko which sort of looks like Slovenia in english.

I doubt this had anything to do with it. It was probably just an idiot doing the design.

You appear to think about things just a wee bit too much.

Designers are a pain in the arse. Probably went with it because they thought it looked better.

Sounds like the pained voiced of experience. ?

I've had run ins with Ergonomes that Made my brain boil with their pedantry. I suppose they were just doing their job but they don't half enjoy being irritating.

Sounds like the pained voiced of experience. ?

I've had run ins with Ergonomes that Made my brain boil with their pedantry. I suppose they were just doing their job but they don't half enjoy being irritating.

I spend far more time than I care for falling out with graphic designers. :lol:

This post from FF is bang on the money

"Ally McCoist and Kenny McDowall.....I accuse.

Not a popular theme on here, and I accept this.

I accept Ally was a legend as a player and a hero to most.....me included.
Kenny McDowall is a more complicated flavour, he was a Rangers man who took the coin of the Filth and then took a bigger coin from us.
Well thanks for that Kenny, it was big of you.

Why do I throw both in the dock together, well I believe it is a just joint accusation.

Both men have had a major time at Rangers Football Club and both men have no excuse for not being cognoscente of every single nuance of Scottish football.

However that is a meagre fig leaf across the most naked of expectations of what both should have delivered to our club in their time in charge.

Notwithstanding their enormous and ridiculously out of commercial context wages, both claimed the extraordinary and unique assertions that they loved the club and that they were Rangers men, living the dream.
Who could argue?

However, even a blind man cannot fail to see that both have neglected utterly their duties.
No person with any subjective appraisal of Rangers can make a sane case for competent management of the club in the period of McCoist's control.
And, possibly only an Ally McCoist wall poster groupie can even begin to defend it.

Tonight we saw wholesale changes of a team that has no confidence.
The glaring fact is that this cobbled together team performed okay.
The facts are that the players coming in were mostly better than those missing.
It gave me as a supporter an unsettling thought that I have been short changed by the selections of our team this season.

The overwhelming impression for me is that selection at Rangers under the management of the two I accuse has not been driven by performance, but by other considerations.

I believe that Rangers has not for a very long time been a club selecting on merit.
Instead we have been a corrupt nasty useless nepotistic cartel of the 'old pals act'.
Indeed a selection of friends of the management.

We lost tonight, but I thought we were very unlucky.

The players who failed us, even tonight, were not the younger less constantly selected individuals, but in truth it was Kris Boyd, who is clearly unfit and has no commitment to change that part of his persona, Nicky Law a man in a jersey he cannot fill, and I hate to say this.....our left back made captain for the night, who has become a mere stranger to the role of a Rangers player.

But good players or bad players is a matter of mere irrelevance, when we note, and note easily that men like McCoist and McDowall have long ago stopped selecting anyone based on ability, performance or fitness.

This allegation should be enough to disgust us, but when we also assess their performance in accruing such huge wages against the hard working results of their mostly poorly paid rivals near and far in all the leagues they have competed within recently, .... then....
I accuse them of neglect, incompetence and damn right idle indifference.

When McCoist walked away, the actions of his chosen second man in cowering beneath the challenge like a dog bereft of its master turned my stomach.

Tonight, forced to change his master's usual favourites, there was a glimpse of hunger in the Rangers side, even as it was denied real direction and encouragement form the useless and ineffectual dugout.

In six decades of supporting Rangers Football Club I have never been so disgusted by men who claim to love the club and who yet dare take a wage whilst clearly caring so little."

It's a bit like that famous Adrie programme on or about the 11th November that had German soldiers on a train. Lest we forget.

J

Kenny McDowall is a more complicated flavour, he was a Rangers man who took the coin of the Filth...

Why are you posting this bigoted shit from the bigot board on here?

We heard enough about Hoopy posting stuff on here from the Hoopieboard but you get a free pass to post blatantly bigoted crap from a site that is openly sectarian.

off.

Why are you posting this bigoted shit from the bigot board on here?

We heard enough about Hoopy posting stuff on here from the Hoopieboard but you get a free pass to post blatantly bigoted crap from a site that is openly sectarian.

off.

whats bigoted abut that? Lot more derogatory terms used on here. Chill out. I was going to edit it out but then I thought, nah. A mate of mine refers to Southampton fans in the same way. Best tell him he is a bigot. Its not a term I use for Celtic fans though.

Just ignore my posts and all will be well. Admin will do their duty if they think its out of order.

Edited by EddardStark

Did McDowall turn down a coaching role at Rangers to take the Celtic job?

If not that part is a cheap shot.

Do some fans really think that players/coaches/managers should turn down certain jobs because of how fans perceive them?

There is a never a guarantee that the club that they are supposedly a 'man' of will ever in come for them.

Did McDowall turn down a coaching role at Rangers to take the Celtic job?

If not that part is a cheap shot.

Do some fans really think that players/coaches/managers should turn down certain jobs because of how fans perceive them?

There is a never a guarantee that the club that they are supposedly a 'man' of will ever in come for them.

think they are in the minority. Its a cheap shot but the rest of the comments are bang on the money.

Kenny McDowall is a more complicated flavour, he was a Rangers man who took the coin of the Filth and then took a bigger coin from us.

Why do I throw both in the dock together, well I believe it is a just joint accusation.

Both men have had a major time at Rangers Football Club and both men have no excuse for not being cognoscente of every single nuance of Scottish football.

However that is a meagre fig leaf across the most naked of expectations of what both should have delivered to our club in their time in charge.

Notwithstanding their enormous and ridiculously out of commercial context wages, both claimed the extraordinary and unique assertions that they loved the club and that they were Rangers men, living the dream.

Who could argue?

However, even a blind man cannot fail to see that both have neglected utterly their duties.

No person with any subjective appraisal of Rangers can make a sane case for competent management of the club in the period of McCoist's control.

And, possibly only an Ally McCoist wall poster groupie can even begin to defend it.

It gave me as a supporter an unsettling thought that I have been short changed by the selections of our team this season.

The overwhelming impression for me is that selection at Rangers under the management of the two I accuse has not been driven by performance, but by other considerations.

I believe that Rangers has not for a very long time been a club selecting on merit.

Instead we have been a corrupt nasty useless nepotistic cartel of the 'old pals act'.

The players who failed us, even tonight, were not the younger less constantly selected individuals, but in truth it was Kris Boyd, who is clearly unfit and has no commitment to change that part of his persona, Nicky Law a man in a jersey he cannot fill, and I hate to say this.....our left back made captain for the night, who has become a mere stranger to the role of a Rangers player.

But good players or bad players is a matter of mere irrelevance, when we note, and note easily that men like McCoist and McDowall have long ago stopped selecting anyone based on ability, performance or fitness.

This allegation should be enough to disgust us, but when we also assess their performance in accruing such huge wages against the hard working results of their mostly poorly paid rivals near and far in all the leagues they have competed within recently, .... then....

When McCoist walked away, the actions of his chosen second man in cowering beneath the challenge like a dog bereft of its master turned my stomach.

Tonight, forced to change his master's usual favourites, there was a glimpse of hunger in the Rangers side, even as it was denied real direction and encouragement form the useless and ineffectual dugout.

In six decades of supporting Rangers Football Club I have never been so disgusted by men who claim to love the club and who yet dare take a wage whilst clearly caring so little."

Good post, mostly my take on things but i dont care about McDowalls past only his time at rangers.

Apologise to anyone who has taken offence at the term used in my post. I can assure you its not a term I would use to refer to Celtic Football Club. You can check back on my previous posts for evidence of this. Its a shame as this reference distracts you from what is a very valid view of what has contributed to our current state.

Edited by EddardStark

Who could argue?

My heart bleeds so heavily for the Rangers. If Rangers were challenging Hearts at the top, there would be no mention of mccoist and mcdowells commitment. Same goes for all these protests about the board, none of the "people" would give a flying feck if Rangers were top of the league.

What the hoards of "people" are experiencing is what many fans in this country have experienced for years.

1. A failure to win something and no sign of a trophy to come

Or

2. A financial noose around their neck with little sign that things will improve.

The dramatic pish from FF is laughable

Edited by vanderark14