Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside. - Page 133 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers are Rocking; Scottys Financial insight inside.

Speirs  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Was Speirs talking the truth or lying

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Funny how we can be a constituent country without being a country. I'm intrigued.

its not intriguing at all. We have no status as a nation/country (choose your favourite word) except the pretend status given in UK political rhetoric and by the more misty eyed and wishful amongst us. The UK governments position is that we were 'extinguished' after the act of union and have become a constituent region of the UK - which is a country. Everything else is just bluster and semantics. We have no sovereignty, we have no power, we have a 'parliament' which has no sovereignty - it just runs the education, health and transport system for the real government - who retain all sovereign power.

I struggle to think of any meaningful way in which we are a country in the sense that a country is a self contained political entity with control over its borders and relationships and treaties with other countries. It has to be a very weak re-definition of 'country' to call us a country - maybe you are thinking in the sense 'country music', 'country kitchen' but certainly not in the sense that Germany, Denmark or Iceland call themselves countries.....

wishy washy nonsense.

Actually Denmark is constituent country of the Kingdom of Denmark, along with the Faroe Islands and Greenland.

Don't care this is not a common room argument - the point is that most people know what a country is - most people would call Scotland a region - like Bavaria or Yorkshire..... I lived abroad for many years and the overwhelming majority of people who mention it think it is part of England. it has no legal or international status beyond that. We are a distinct cultural nationality of course but even that is disputed by a large number of people in Scotland who call themselves British..... Which is at least technically correct...

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/8486-club-statement

Sunday, 08 February 2015 18:30 Club StatementWritten by Rangers Football Club

0d8df261f71afe9b2674a2918db61d98_XL.jpg

Club Statement

"It is regrettable that the Board of Rangers Football Club were not in attendance at today's important Scottish Cup tie against Raith Rovers.

Given the events over the past few days and after advice from the Club, the decision was made not to attend the game.
The Board has a duty of care to the fans, staff and stewards to ensure safety at the ground at all times and they believe this was the correct decision. This also meant we didn't have to watch our shitty team getting pumped out another cup."

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/8486-club-statement

Sunday, 08 February 2015 18:30 Club StatementWritten by Rangers Football Club

0d8df261f71afe9b2674a2918db61d98_XL.jpg

Club Statement

"It is regrettable that the Board of Rangers Football Club were not in attendance at today's important Scottish Cup tie against Raith Rovers.

Given the events over the past few days and after advice from the Club, the decision was made not to attend the game.

The Board has a duty of care to the fans, staff and stewards to ensure safety at the ground at all times and they believe this was the correct decision. This also meant we didn't have to watch our shitty team getting pumped out another cup."

Wow did you do that all by your little self?

Don't care this is not a common room argument - the point is that most people know what a country is - most people would call Scotland a region - like Bavaria or Yorkshire..... I lived abroad for many years and the overwhelming majority of people who mention it think it is part of England. it has no legal or international status beyond that. We are a distinct cultural nationality of course but even that is disputed by a large number of people in Scotland who call themselves British..... Which is at least technically correct...

I disagree with your assertion that "most" people would call Scotland a region.

I disagree with your assertion that "most" people would call Scotland a region.

a lot of folk ; i.e. people outside UK that have little dealing with it/knowledge of it ; refer to the the main island as england

- as galling as that is to stomach - the Scotland , Wales , GB , UK thing leaves them reeling

worked with a Rumanian guy for years who backed up this point up ; although this view had been formed on north american experiences ; living in Canada , holiday a lot in US ; where many have never seen the sea , or hold passports

a lot of folk ; i.e. people outside UK that have little dealing with it/knowledge of it ; refer to the the main island as england

- as galling as that is to stomach - the Scotland , Wales , GB , UK thing leaves them reeling

worked with a Rumanian guy for years who backed up this point up ; although this view had been formed on north american experiences ; living in Canada , holiday a lot in US ; where many have never seen the sea , or hold passports

Funny how every time I'm in the states they see Scotland as a country.... yes a lot may think what you say but a helluva lot don't - they refer to the queen as english which is fine - they can keep the auld boot...

Former Rangers captain Richard Gough wants fans to stay away from the club's upcoming EGM in London, insisting he fears a huge turnout will lead to the board seeking an adjournment. (Herald)

Former Rangers captain Richard Gough wants fans to stay away from the club's upcoming EGM in London, insisting he fears a huge turnout will lead to the board seeking an adjournment. (Herald)

I agree. Also, don't send postal votes in case they're tampered with :wink2:

Watching the Rangers game yesterday with the sportsdirect.com on every advertising board for the whole game it seemed, coukdnt help but wonder if Ashley and his men are just taking the piss?

They've certainly done little to win favour with the Bears.

There's surely a happy medium between Charles Green and mike Ashley, who appears to almost be goading the Rangers fans.

Collaborator! He's in the pocket of the board, trying to get them to stay away so that there's no trouble and the EGM goes off without a hitch for the current board!

Watching the Rangers game yesterday with the sportsdirect.com on every advertising board for the whole game it seemed, coukdnt help but wonder if Ashley and his men are just taking the piss?

There's surely a happy medium between Charles Green and mike Ashley, who appears to almost be goading the Rangers fans.

Smart use of the goings on at the board room?? Or no fecker wanted their adverts on the boards..

I've thought this for quite a while now.

I even have theories as to why (but don't want to blow his cover.)