Lambert Gone - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lambert Gone

I thought he was reasonably successful at Norwich and a couple of clubs beforehand, remember people tipping him as a future Scotland manager. Given McLeish and Lambert's lack of success I can't see Villa appointing another Scot for a while.

I wouldn't be so sure about that...

Jimmy%2BCalderwood.jpg

Redknapp wouldn't last 2 mins at Villa unless he got a massive budget (which Lambert never got because O'Neill spent it all).

Even with a big budget Redknapp might only last 5-10 mins as he's actually not very good.

Edited by fringo

Ok but the Villa support have had it to the back teeth with Scottish managers.

Redknapp was the English manager that should have been.

So what better way to balance out that loser scotch thing by hiring... Harry Redknapp. England manager that never woz.

Lump on. :wink2: (dont blame me later but)

Ok but the Villa support have had it to the back teeth with Scottish managers.

Redknapp was the English manager that should have been.

So what better way to balance out that loser scotch thing by hiring... Harry Redknapp. England manager that never woz.

Lump on. :wink2: (dont blame me later but)

Wouldn't surprise me though if they went for him as he still seems to be a bit of national treasure for many down south.

It would be great to see him get the job with no cash and watch as he "manages". :lol:

Should have resigned in the summer. Probably best he takes a year or so out of the game, before he takes another job.

Some of the stick he got from the Ukip Villa supporters went beyond banter. Have a look around forums and Twitter and you'll see plenty of references to Lambert's nationality. Racist bastards. He may have fecked your club up but there's no need to bring his nationality into it.

Reminds me of when I got chatting to a group of Birmingham City fans at Central Station a few years ago. Must have been up for a friendly match. They said for many, there was a good reason why Birmingham's African, Caribbean and Irish communities during the 1970s and 1980s tended to support City over Villa.

You'd be nuts to take that job. Some good managers have failed there and I can't see the next manager, whoever he is, changing things for them.

Totally agree. McLeish is a good manager and proved it at both Rangers and Scotland. He was also doing reasonably well over in Belgium last I checked.

Villa is a poisoned chalice.

Aye thought it was widely recognised that villa as a club are Donald ducked to the core with the owner and a pish transfer budget?Wouldn't mind seeing the budget McLeish and lambert had compared to others

Edited by JECK