Barry Robson gone - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, robbo cop said:

Not surprised.

Same

I had hopes for him, he did brilliantly with the team last season, getting to 3rd was a great come back after the disaster that was Goodwin

Very few people were against his appointment but its fallen apart for him

Fuck knows who cormack gets in now

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Same

I had hopes for him, he did brilliantly with the team last season, getting to 3rd was a great come back after the disaster that was Goodwin

Dick Campbell would be entertaining.

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Same

Exactly, just getting really fucking boring now.

So glad I grew up when we had lots to cheer about.

8 minutes ago, fringo said:

Dick Campbell would be entertaining.

I wondered if he had something else lined up when he left Arbroath. Although, taking on a basket case Aberdeen might tarnish his legacy. He might be better sticking to the golf course.

16 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I wondered if he had something else lined up when he left Arbroath. Although, taking on a basket case Aberdeen might tarnish his legacy. He might be better sticking to the golf course.

😄

Utterly predictable. Got the “bounce” when came in but as usual for the teams outside the OF it’s impossible for anyone to come in and make a sustained impact. Like Neilson before him Naismith will be gone within a year or less. Montgomery the same or far sooner. Their budgets in reality are just buttons and the players they can afford always prove that they are just not that much better than what your St mirren’s, Ross county, Livingstons can buy.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Kilmarnock boss Steve Clarke makes end-of-season speech amid Scotland  speculation | Football News | Sky Sports

Clarkes win percentage at Killie was lower than that of  McInnes (Aberdeen) and Neilson (both stints at hearts and Dundee Utd) and look what happened there.

16 hours ago, JECK said:

Clarkes win percentage at Killie was lower than that of  McInnes (Aberdeen) and Neilson (both stints at hearts and Dundee Utd) and look what happened there.

You seriously comparing Neilson who managed both Hearts and Dundee Utd in the Championship to Clarke at Killie (on a lower budget) in the top flight? 

DM also had a far higher budget than Clarke and also never inherited a team rock bottom and taking them to third place finish (above DM's Aberdeen). 

58 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Robson ran out of " we have loads of games in hand" excuses. I think it was a poor appointment. 

Easy to that last part with hindsight. Very few people would have said that at the end of last season.

Said it on here at the time that rookie interim managers who do well very rarely go onto become a success or last beyond a year.

Aberdeen could do worse than Warnock. I think an old head who has been there and done it in an around the English championship for years could work.

Alex Neil would turn Aberdeen into a serious challenging team

Comparing Warnock & the likes to Neil is like a jobby versus a diamond