Spain v Scotland - Match Thread - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Spain v Scotland - Match Thread

romanticscot

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the worst refereeing performances I've ever seen and certainly the worst decision.  Everyone knows that was a perfectly good goal.  He gave a foul at first, NOT an offside.  You could see that by how he indicated with his arm.  Such a shame for Scott McTominay getting robbed like that.  An absolute fkin scandal.

A real shame as well the best Scotsman on the park not just slipping but neatly deflecting the ball to the attacker.  So unfortunate.  Still, just think how good Aaron Hickey is going to turn out to be in future years.  He's a fantastic footballer.

It's a sign of progress when you're fizzing mad cos you didn't beat Spain in Seville!

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

What a load of shite to post 

Stewart was just as furious as us at that decision, he's still going on about it now. 

To be fair to me, I had to watch the game without sound & had no sound until after the final whistle, when I managed to get sound on all I heard was him saying how we can’t argue with the result & it made me lose the plot lol.

Gave an unfair reflection on everything else he said which I didn’t hear then obviously 

1 hour ago, Clyde1998 said:

Suddenly his performance makes sense - he was trolling the Tartan Army. 😜

In all seriousness, I'm glad it's not just me who thought the refereeing tonight looked as dodgy as fuck - and I don't just mean shoddy, I mean brown envelope dodgy.

The "foul" that led to Scott McTominay's goal apparently being disallowed looked like little more than Jack Hendry placing a hand on the keeper's chest, but the goalie already has an advantage because he's able to use his hands. My view is the goalie had just got his positioning wrong, in which case, that's his fault.

You can't deny that Spain were the better team, so we might have lost 2-1 instead of 2-0, but if the group gets tighter than goal difference could become significant.

Morata saying it would be good to see Haaland getting to the Euros. Hopefully he just doesnt know that the only way that can happen is if Spain lose on Sunday. 

The 2nd goal is really bad for us as Spain effectively qualified tonight in 1st plaxe tonight. Even a 1 goal defeat would have left them with something to play for.

Diabolical ref and VAR. The ref didn't even signal for offside and refs don't need to go to the monitor for offside decisions. Refs usually wait on pitch for VAR to decide on offside or not. Lines are drawn and ref doesn't need to go to the monitor to look or confirm.

Very dodgy decision. Viewers just got shown a quick clip of the VAR offside line for a second or so and even that was from an obscure angle.

Shocking standard of refereeing and UEFA meddling in favourable outcomes to ensure big teams get through.

30 minutes ago, Scot1 said:

Is there anyway that Scotland and Norway can quality from the group? I’d rather big Haaland and his fellow Vikings qualified alongside us than those cheating Spanish bastards.

Yes but it'll mean Spain dropping points against either Cyprus or Georgia.

6 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Did they put the offside lines up on the TV? 

Normally they show that if its an offside. SFA match report has it noted as being offside. 

I wonder if the ref said anything to the players.

They put the lines up about 10 mins after it happened when they decided to change their mind because they knew it wasn’t a foul. The lines sat directly on top of each. Other , I may be wrong but when they sit directly on top of each other that’s onside ? It was a diabolical decision against us and we were getting shafted aw night . If that’s given Spain don’t go and score 2 

That one decision was one of many the ref got wrong. It was obvious we were in trouble with that ref when mcginn was knocked over in the first have and the ref played on. 

Scotland have to use this but if we have to get something from the Norway game, you can bet your house that uefa will want the big blondie there too...............

49 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

That one decision was one of many the ref got wrong. It was obvious we were in trouble with that ref when mcginn was knocked over in the first have and the ref played on. 

Scotland have to use this but if we have to get something from the Norway game, you can bet your house that uefa will want the big blondie there too...............

Starting to get Georgia and Italy 2007 vibes, when we were threatening to knock one of the big guns out, another two diabolical referees (although we didn't help ourselves with the performance in Tbilisi).

7 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Starting to get Georgia and Italy 2007 vibes, when we were threatening to knock one of the big guns out, another two diabolical referees (although we didn't help ourselves with the performance in Tbilisi).

I’m loathe to defend these ref’s but didn’t we get our share of bad decisions against Italy? Mainly our goal being offside and they have one wrongly ruled out. 

12 minutes ago, Ivna.Sevilla said:
Hello! I live in Seville and since wednesday I can see the good atmosphere in my city on the occasion of the match. I would like to contact some Scottish fans who are in Seville still. I live near of Alameda.

My email is joven_20h@hotmail.es. 

Thank you!

You're putting some amount of effort in anyway...

https://forum.pieandbovril.com/topic/287184-spain-a-in-october/page/79/#comments

12 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I’m loathe to defend these ref’s but didn’t we get our share of bad decisions against Italy? Mainly our goal being offside and they have one wrongly ruled out. 

The Italy game was error strewn but some of the decisions near the end defied belief.

8 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Morata saying it would be good to see Haaland getting to the Euros. Hopefully he just doesnt know that the only way that can happen is if Spain lose on Sunday. 

The 2nd goal is really bad for us as Spain effectively qualified tonight in 1st plaxe tonight. Even a 1 goal defeat would have left them with something to play for.

If my sums are correct, if Norway and Spain draw on Sunday and we win our last 2 games, we top the group.  That could be massive as it would likely have us in Pot 1 for the Euros avoiding the likes of France, England, Germany, Belgium and Portugal.  As it stands Pot 2 would likely have teams like Albania, Turkey, Austria and Slovenia so it's a massive difference.  Spain win on Sunday and we can pretty much forget topping the group and would be Pot 2 and possibly 3 (although I'd have bitten your hand off for either at the start of the campaign!).

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

That crossed my mind too. It was Morata saying it would be good to see him at the Euros that prompted it.