Squad - Elliot Anderson called up! - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Squad - Elliot Anderson called up!

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/4/2023 at 9:14 PM, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

https://fb.watch/mRZ1HDXoT5/

They're both in the video, training with the full squad

👍

Seems odd they were both training when neither even made the bench at the weekend but maybe we’ve just got lucky. Would have been a light training session right enough.

I just hope McTominay was completely over his illness. Could do without half the squad coming down with the 2 bob bits a couple of days before a huge game 

1 hour ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

I'm guessing that the medical team actually assessed him before his release 🤔

I assume they did too.  It sounds like he turned up and was there for a day before he was sent home.  If he didn't want to be there he could have just pulled out beforehand - couldn't he? 🤔

53 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Going on previous I doubt Clarke will call up anyone.

I really can't see the upsiede to that.

I doubt it too, unless there are several more injuries.

In any case, I was only making a joke.

Anderson actually has plenty of form for this, if you've been following his international career. Almost always pulled out our under-21 squads and then was fit to play for his club either side, which is how he managed only a single cap at that level

5 minutes ago, mcnish said:

Anderson actually has plenty of form for this, if you've been following his international career. Almost always pulled out our under-21 squads and then was fit to play for his club either side, which is how he managed only a single cap at that level

Would make zero sence in this context though. He elected to tell Clarke that he had choosen Scotland. If he didnt want to play this international break then he would have just left things as they were.

Also, theres effectively a 2 week gap between club games. Anybody thats done any sport knows that a niggle that might keep you from moving properly tomorrow could be completely gone in 7 to 10 days. 14 days with the best medical treatment is a long time in sport.

8 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Would make zero sence in this context though. He elected to tell Clarke that he had choosen Scotland. If he didnt want to play this international break then he would have just left things as they were.

Also, theres effectively a 2 week gap between club games. Anybody thats done any sport knows that a niggle that might keep you from moving properly tomorrow could be completely gone in 7 to 10 days. 14 days with the best medical treatment is a long time in sport.

Maybe Anderson had 2nd thoughts on his decision to committ go scotland? Or maybe he is genuinely injured. None of us Will ever know unless Clarke does what he did with fraser and calls out his commitment 

I agree with you regarding a niggle. Niggles can clear up quickly but it would be one hell of a coincidence if it keeps happening to Anderson

9 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Maybe Anderson had 2nd thoughts on his decision to committ go scotland? Or maybe he is genuinely injured. None of us Will ever know unless Clarke does what he did with fraser and calls out his commitment 

I agree with you regarding a niggle. Niggles can clear up quickly but it would be one hell of a coincidence if it keeps happening to Anderson

This is obviously a decision he was torn over. The fact that he could be making his debut against England will compound whatever doubts he's having.

I personally wouldn't blame him if he pulled out of this squad due to mixed emotions. We've got plenty of other international breaks to give him caps this year.

Lets not forget he is only 20 years old and not even a regular at his team yet. It's not like he is going to be slotted straight into the first 11, like Gunn was.

tbh to me this doesnt sound good at all, for the following reasons, happy to be corrected if i am mistaken....

1) he hasn't done any press where he has said he has decided to play for scotland. only clark has stated this. 

2) Carver said yesterday which i thought was ominous at the time "we are having a look at him and hes having a look at us"

I reckon hes come up didnt enjoy training and took an easy way out, also he will have seen how England have now called up several players from the U21 squad into the main, hes probably thinking that could have been me. 

imagine if he ends up getting called up for the game next week.....for England 

11 minutes ago, LewisEDI said:

tbh to me this doesnt sound good at all, for the following reasons, happy to be corrected if i am mistaken....

1) he hasn't done any press where he has said he has decided to play for scotland. only clark has stated this. 

2) Carver said yesterday which i thought was ominous at the time "we are having a look at him and hes having a look at us"

I reckon hes come up didnt enjoy training and took an easy way out, also he will have seen how England have now called up several players from the U21 squad into the main, hes probably thinking that could have been me. 

imagine if he ends up getting called up for the game next week.....for England 

I agree, there does seem to be a ratty odour to it all