The Get It Off Your Chest Thread... - Page 20 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Get It Off Your Chest Thread...

That might be because they have been dazzled by the brake lights in front of them. Some brake lights are so bright that some sensitive souls get sore heads looking at them and they have to moan like fuk all over the internet aboot it.

Yeah i've been puzzling over that one. I'm really photo-sensitive, hate camera flashes, and other bright things, however break lights never bother me.

People who add "going forward" to the end of a sentence. Like that person that interviews the athletes after a race on BBC.

Summarisers or commentators who denigrate lower league football during a cup tie. Scottish guy on Radio Lancashire last night during game between Havant and Preston - havant bloke misses a header - "Well that's non-league for you" - no it fooking isn't - anyone can miss a chance. Is he saying that league football everyone will score but if it is non-league he's going to miss it.

Edited by irnbruman

People who add "going forward" to the end of a sentence. Like that person that interviews the athletes after a race on BBC.

Summarisers or commentators who denigrate lower league football during a cup tie. Scottish guy on Radio Lancashire last night during game between Havant and Preston - havant bloke misses a header - "Well that's non-league for you" - no it fooking isn't - anyone can miss a chance. Is he saying that league football everyone will score but if it is non-league he's going to miss it.

Aargh !!

I've inadvertenty started doing that and realise as soon as it slips out but it's too late !

It's been pointed out to me that I sometimes do it, but I can't always stop myself in time. :oops:

Hate that kind of thing too. If Havant had scored of course he would have been harping on about "the magic of the cup" and all that birthday card sort of pish.

That might be because they have been dazzled by the brake lights in front of them. Some brake lights are so bright that some sensitive souls get sore heads looking at them and they have to moan like fuk all over the internet aboot it.

:lol:

Edinburgh - Ed-in-bu-ra

Pittsburgh - Pitts-burg

Speak fackin English!

Or, the inconsistency of the English language. Teaching a 6 year old how to spell is really highlighting to me what a stupid written language we have.

Phlegm. WTF?!?

Oh and the Australian inflection.

J

Edinburgh - Ed-in-bu-ra

Pittsburgh - Pitts-burg

Speak fackin English!

Every second day I have that argument here. It always boils down to the fact that we are wrong and the three hundred year old America is correct. :wink2: I refuse point blank here to spell like them sometimes or the date of birth context also! The word cheque is one that boils my pish when they spell it like check!

Edited by Ormond

For years getting the Pish ripped out of me for pronouncing Nike ni-key. And all my pals calling it nike like bike.

To this day some of them still call that brand of sports wear nike like bike.

And while I'm on a rant, growing up in England and always defending my long oo's in book, look, took, etc.

I would get them by asking them to tell me the noise a ghost makes "boo", now add a k on the end, and they would still shorten the oo.

J

When you're playing 7 a sides and bawbags just want to stand up front all game and never defend.

These sort of annoyances could be a thread of their own!

I'll add the guy who goes in goals last, and let's the first shot in, then wanders out expecting someone else to take over.