EURO 2024 - Discussion Thread - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

EURO 2024 - Discussion Thread

romanticscot

14 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

No criticism from me of the SFA, but after the draw I think it took a few weeks to get all FA's in one room.

For that group including France, Italy, Ukraine, Georgia, etc... My understanding is Ukraine left the meeting early and flew back to Kiev... Then refused to accept what everyone else had agreed... Then it went UEFA, which took up more time.

That set of fixtures took weeks and weeks to be confirmed.

Also, I heard the SFA asked for venues to be announced ASAP... Italy and Ukraine point-blank refused.

I think Italy pushed it right to the 60 day (as was) deadline.

Good ol' French didn't f*ck us about though. Pretty sure Parc des Princes was named 11 months before the Faddy match.

He’s a genius again for Scotland they’ve been suckered in the parc de prince

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/2/2022 at 8:01 PM, calum83 said:

can uefa not use there head going from dublin to yerevan was crazy and 2019 it astana to san marino depends where you came back to in italy

Skopje to Rejkavick wasn't exactly easy on the pocket either. One of my fave all time trips (once i had got out my huff after the Macedonia result)

That is one of the HARDEST draws we've had in years.

We know about Spain and Haaland/Norway.

Georgia have gone up from D to C in the last few years and we know how to lose there.

Cyprus - we really struggled against them. They're one of the better seeds too.

So for anyone who doesn't like the Playoffs/Nations League - winning that could well save our bacon.

Bring it on though. I'm going to go one away trip and I think Georgia might be the one!

Just now, weekevie04 said:

Bring it on though. I'm going to go one away trip and I think Georgia might be the one!

Don't know if you went to any of the previous games, but its a brilliant place to visit. Best away game out of the 4 fixtures by a country mile.