Europe 2022/23 - Page 27 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

So there is a benefit to the Old firm making it to the CL after all. Us non OF fans get to laugh at them when they get punted out without laying a glove on the opposition

It's still only one pro against numerous cons 🤣

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

So there is a benefit to the Old firm making it to the CL after all. Us non OF fans get to laugh at them when they get punted out without laying a glove on the opposition

It's still only one pro against numerous cons 🤣

And it is attitudes like that that is the problem with our game.  A snigger here and there at OF getting beat in Europe.  No interest in helping out our game or our smaller clubs.  Just a snigger or two does you.

1 hour ago, SamP said:

And it is attitudes like that that is the problem with our game.  A snigger here and there at OF getting beat in Europe.  No interest in helping out our game or our smaller clubs.  Just a snigger or two does you.

The OF and their supporters have laughed at and slated the “diddy” teams performance’s in Europe for years, blaming them for not helping raise the coefficient, forgive all us ungrates for giving the poor wee lambs some back after their abysmal performances this season, suck it up 🥳🥳🥳

20 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

The OF and their supporters have laughed at and slated the “diddy” teams performance’s in Europe for years, blaming them for not helping raise the coefficient, forgive all us ungrates for giving the poor wee lambs some back after their abysmal performances this season, suck it up 🥳🥳🥳

I totally get that.  I am talking about now and in the future.  Looking in to the past doesn't solve anything.

2 hours ago, SamP said:

Well done on missing the point entirely. 

1 hour ago, sjd1972 said:

Hearts 4 down already.  Could be on for a record defeat for a Scottish club in Europe.

They were winning the 2nd half. Dreadful play from Cochrane to concede a penalty there though.

Edited by Toepoke

1 hour ago, SamP said:

I totally get that.  I am talking about now and in the future.  Looking in to the past doesn't solve anything.

The OF live in the past, they call it their history 🤯 it’s how they sell tickets and merchandise, they both need their past and each other to survive, why should the diddy teams try to make changes to how the league operates when the OF will still demand the lions share of everything.

21 hours ago, Kirk said:

These aged well

Rangers with a serious reality check tonight. Glad to see some of the horrible huns I went to school with being shut up.

Posting shite like "rangers are a different animal in europe" and "put up the flags of war" 

Erm - i came at it from a gambling angle - Liverpool needed a free kick and a penalty to beat Rangers at Anfield

Liverpool were starting the game at Ibrox with Salah and others on the bench

Gambling is all about value and although in hindsight it turned out not to be it looked possible until the 2nd half 

Big Noise

3 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

The OF live in the past, they call it their history 🤯 it’s how they sell tickets and merchandise, they both need their past and each other to survive, why should the diddy teams try to make changes to how the league operates when the OF will still demand the lions share of everything.

I don't care where the OF live.  But if you don't want our game to change then don't bother with trying to change things for the other clubs.  Seems you are in the majority anyway.  Moaning about our game but no suggestions as to how it could change.  IMO that is just as bad.

6 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

It can be revisited but it would need 10 self serving clubs to work together. I hoped cormack would be different and he may rock the boat but he's a wimp as well. His begging bowl email re the TV deal was a disgrace 

Can't disagree one bit

My point however was towards the largest 2 self serving clubs, when it was being suggested that the diddys should shoulder the blame

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Erm - i came at it from a gambling angle - Liverpool needed a free kick and a penalty to beat Rangers at Anfield

Gambling is all about value and although in hindsight it turned out not to be it looked possible until the 2nd half 

Big Noise

I should maybe have separated my replies better, I was only having a laugh with your bit. 

6 hours ago, SamP said:

Shut up ya nonce 

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Big Noise

Liverpool actually had fewer shots on target last night than at the Anfield game!

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

Maybe should be hoping for an OF preliminary exit rather than seeing Celtic and Rangers trying to play football in the Champions League.

-18, absolutely hopeless!

Fuck sake man, dont you know it's not their fault FFS 🙄😁