Season 22/23 - Page 98 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

I wholeheartedly disagree, I don’t think it could’ve worked out any better for Aberdeen and have the best fixture list there. 

I agree however, it's disgraceful how it's 'managed' around 2 clubs. That's just wrong on so many levels

If the Huns have refused to play on parasites day, we should inform the SPFL to ram their Sunday slot

It's fukin ridiculous 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Rangers refusing to play on the Coronation Day is a red neck even for them. 

Can’t say I’m surprised by this and it’s ridiculous if it’s the case however where are you seeing this as I haven’t seen it anywhere else? 

33 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Can’t say I’m surprised by this and it’s ridiculous if it’s the case however where are you seeing this as I haven’t seen it anywhere else? 

33 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Could it be the police requested it as some scottish police will no doubt be needed in london?

16 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I was told it at weekend and laughed at it but seems it's true. 

15 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Could it be the police requested it as some scottish police will no doubt be needed in london?

The Met are able to have multiple games on saturday whilst being the actual force policing the event. 

There is no way if Celtic were playing, would it be moved to the Sunday. 

On 4/25/2023 at 5:56 PM, Redz said:

I agree however, it's disgraceful how it's 'managed' around 2 clubs. That's just wrong on so many levels

If the Huns have refused to play on parasites day, we should inform the SPFL to ram their Sunday slot

It's fukin ridiculous 

I don’t get you, please explain?

If the SPFL executive are pandering to any two organisations here they are Police Scotland and Sky. Unfortunately for them these two organisations have conflicting interests. Sky would like to create maximum drama whereas Police Scotland would prefer the opposite lest they might have to do some actual policing.

I fail to see how this fixture list benefits Celtic in any way or indeed Rangers (unless they have refused to play on Coronation day but I haven’t seen any evidence of this). If someone has some info I haven’t seen please share, otherwise this just looks like more two cheeks moaning with no actual substance. Anyway, I say again I don’t see any benefit to my club in it at all 🤷🏼‍♂️

19 hours ago, slasher said:

I don’t get you, please explain?

If the SPFL executive are pandering to any two organisations here they are Police Scotland and Sky. Unfortunately for them these two organisations have conflicting interests. Sky would like to create maximum drama whereas Police Scotland would prefer the opposite lest they might have to do some actual policing.

I fail to see how this fixture list benefits Celtic in any way or indeed Rangers (unless they have refused to play on Coronation day but I haven’t seen any evidence of this). If someone has some info I haven’t seen please share, otherwise this just looks like more two cheeks moaning with no actual substance. Anyway, I say again I don’t see any benefit to my club in it at all 🤷🏼‍♂️

You don't get me? That's always the bleedin case 😂😂😂

Anyway, it needs to be transparent, fair and consistent. It is not

We get to the split every year, and the singular objective is to avoid upsetting either of you pair regarding your fixture. The rest are worked around this.

In terms of SKY, the 12 of us should get together and tell the SPFL to get them in the bin, otherwise we do our own thing - Go to war / strike if we have to

The polis? I simply think that's a convenient line that's trotted out. I've yet to hear / see them in front of a camera endorsing any line spun by the SFA / SPFL

*I am perfectly happy with Aberdeens post split fixtures, even heading to your joint for a 3rd time. That's not the point though

11 hours ago, Redz said:

You don't get me? That's always the bleedin case 😂😂😂

Anyway, it needs to be transparent, fair and consistent. It is not

We get to the split every year, and the singular objective is to avoid upsetting either of you pair regarding your fixture. The rest are worked around this.

In terms of SKY, the 12 of us should get together and tell the SPFL to get them in the bin, otherwise we do our own thing - Go to war / strike if we have to

The polis? I simply think that's a convenient line that's trotted out. I've yet to hear / see them in front of a camera endorsing any line spun by the SFA / SPFL

*I am perfectly happy with Aberdeens post split fixtures, even heading to your joint for a 3rd time. That's not the point though

Yeah, I still don’t really see what the Glasgow clubs are getting out of this fixture list you say is designed around them.

I do agree on transparency, in fact I don’t know why they don’t make a whole palaver over it like the ECL draw and sell the game a bit.

I also think that you seriously underestimate the input of Police Scotland here, their mucky paws have been all over post split fixtures since the so called ‘shame game’ even though there’s been consistently more bother in Embra for years!

The fact Sky haven’t taken up their full allocation again and have patched 3 Embra derbies should be enough, get them in the fuckin bin!

2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

ICT cruising into the final. Falkirk missed some great chances though.

Just got back. My real team is playing tomorrow and is likely to be gubbed. Falkirk will be disappointed, did alright in the first half though second goal was too easy. Second half performance though was poor.

8 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Genuine question.

Has either of the Old Firm ever had to play three away games to another club since the inception of the split after 33 games?

There is no old firm. To answer your question mate, the answer is no. We are the first club for it to happen to. We got fucked. Can't win the league in front of our fans. 3 away matches away to start is a disgrace, but expected....

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

There is no old firm. To answer your question mate, the answer is no. We are the first club for it to happen to. We got fucked. Can't win the league in front of our fans. 3 away matches away to start is a disgrace, but expected....

Cheap semantics on your part Ramy.

The Old Firm existed when the split was introduced. Doesn't make my question any less valid. I'm certain neither has had to visit Celtic Park or Ibrox three times in a league season, but other grounds?

2 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

The Old Firm existed when the split was introduced. Doesn't make my question any less valid. I'm certain neither has had to visit Celtic Park or Ibrox three times in a league season, but other grounds?

No being  cheeky mate, but we do not recognize the "old firm". It died when the Rangers died. We are not half of anything. We have nothing to do with that mob.... With utmost respect pal..👍

4 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

No being  cheeky mate, but we do not recognize the "old firm". It died when the Rangers died. We are not half of anything. We have nothing to do with that mob.... With utmost respect pal..👍

Your teams the left cheek & they're the right cheek, same as it's always been.... with utmost respect pal...👍

7 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

36D70CE4-EA0B-4847-9494-EE010C51F84F.jpeg

10 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

No, they haven’t. That’s not allowed, they both get 2 home games against each other, then the rest of the fixtures are arranged around that. 

Just another example of how corrupt Scottish football is and set up for two teams year after year. 

20 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

How many times are you going to post this???

As many times as you deny the truth. 

There is an old firm, your club renewed the licence for it, regardless of how many times you deny it, your club knows commercially it’s important. 

You need each other to survive.