Season 22/23 - Page 102 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hearts red card off is very debatable 

Cantwell booked for smashing Scales with two hands, is a very debatable yellow/red

Duk manhandled outside the box and continues into the box, no freekick even awarded 

Who says Scottish football isn’t corrupt 😂😂😂

54 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Cantwell booked for smashing Scales with two hands, is a very debatable yellow/red

Duk manhandled outside the box and continues into the box, no freekick even awarded 

The Duk one is as clear a penalty as you will ever see. Goldson has two arms around his waist and they spin 180 degrees. The only way its not a foul is if the ref / VAR think Duk is trapping his arms there in which case its a foul to Rangers and not an Aberdeen corner as was given.

The Cantwell one I thought was a red real time however I think the rules state below neck is a yellow however the agression still takes it to a red for me. The worst part isnt that though, its that Scales also got booked. He didnt nothing at all, didnt even get involved in the afters.

14 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

The Duk one is as clear a penalty as you will ever see. Goldson has two arms around his waist and they spin 180 degrees. The only way its not a foul is if the ref / VAR think Duk is trapping his arms there in which case its a foul to Rangers and not an Aberdeen corner as was given.

The Cantwell one I thought was a red real time however I think the rules state below neck is a yellow however the agression still takes it to a red for me. The worst part isnt that though, its that Scales also got booked. He didnt nothing at all, didnt even get involved in the afters.

Thanks for the clarification re the Cantwell incident, but I believe it was Clarkson that got booked for it. 

VAR didn’t seem to look at the Duk incident, which makes us all think of the corruption within the game. 

Nit sure who your team is, but I assume it’s not Aberdeen and you can see it clear as day, like the rest of us. 

14 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Thanks for the clarification re the Cantwell incident, but I believe it was Clarkson that got booked for it. 

VAR didn’t seem to look at the Duk incident, which makes us all think of the corruption within the game. 

Nit sure who your team is, but I assume it’s not Aberdeen and you can see it clear as day, like the rest of us. 

Rangers going for the full season without a penalty against them championship with top assistance from officials and with a special mention to the govan VAR room operators 👏👏👏

4 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Rangers going for the full season without a penalty against them championship with top assistance from officials and with a special mention to the govan VAR room operators 👏👏👏

I wonder if that has ever happened before. An entire season without a penalty against them?

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

It’s not really, I said as soon as it happened it was a red. Unlucky on the jambo but c’est la vie.

Probably one of our worst performances of the season but job done 👍

My boy sent me the Duk clip, that’s a stonewall penalty imo 👍

22 minutes ago, slasher said:

It’s not really, I said as soon as it happened it was a red. Unlucky on the jambo but c’est la vie.

So your view is def red and def pen. Who would have thought that ?🤔

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

VAR looks at everything. Its just that they didnt deem it worthy of stopping play or getting the ref to look at the monitor. The fact they didnt stop play is mind blowing. Id like to see the explanation from the officials on that.

Thanks for clearing up the Scales non booking. As an aside I hate when this happens in football. Player A doesnt something like push opponent etc, bunch of players from each team charge in and generally theres loads of handbags. Refs 90% of the time book the initial player and one from the other team. Very rarely will it be initial player and a player from each team. Basically meaning the team that started it comes away with the same bookings as the team who were aggrieved.

Im an Airdrie fan. Im honestly not sure if the refs are corrupt or if its a more general natural human thing to do with Old Firm being the biggest clubs by far, media based in Glasgow etc so there is a natural unconscious bias to not make bad decisions against them. Throw in the poor decision against 1 and you are accused of supporting the other aspect. What I can say is that imo the Old Firm benefit significantly from decisions and have done for as far back as I recall.

2 hours ago, slasher said:

I think there was a covering player, but only thorough boozy eyes, still believe it wasn’t a last man foul, tomorrow may change that opinion. 

The Duk thing there is simply no explanation for. 

12 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I think there was a covering player, but only thorough boozy eyes, still believe it wasn’t a last man foul, tomorrow may change that opinion. 

Other than it was outside the box. 

24 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

The covering player was 2 yards behind the quickest player in the league 😂

41 minutes ago, fringo said:

Hearts one was not a red card offence.

He impeded a clear goal scoring opportunity, the rules state it is an automatic red... I agree though, it did look harsh.. Thing is, these calls have to be consistent, every week....

50 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Other than it was outside the box. 

The foul continued to inside the box, therefore is a penalty, for theirs to be no foul whatsoever, just goes to show the level of incompetence/corruption within Scottish football. 

The very same linesman couldn’t wave his flag hard enough after a small lull on a rangers player in the second half, at pretty much the same position. 

I understand that rangers and Celtic fans can’t see this, but everyone else can, it’s an utter disgrace, but we all know it’ll never change, Glasgow FA, know nothing else. 

41 minutes ago, slasher said:

The covering player was 2 yards behind the quickest player in the league 😂

Stats don’t mean a lot though, it’s real-time play. I still don’t believe it’s a red, seeing other players there, but as I said earlier, I stand to be corrected when I’m sober. 

2 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

1B0E0383-CB73-4ABF-8FFB-BA264AC43B65.jpeg

Stats are irrelevant but a covering player can’t be behind the play!  

By the same token your still image means fuck all! It doesn’t advance your case 

5 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Stats don’t mean a lot though, it’s real-time play. I still don’t believe it’s a red, seeing other players there, but as I said earlier, I stand to be corrected when I’m sober. 

Was having a quick look at the league and one thing that jumped out is the team in 3rd (Aberdeen) have negative goal difference. Surely thats never happened or at least is very rare in any league in the world.