Steve Clarke Fuck Off - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Steve Clarke Fuck Off

kumnio

12 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

i am, look at irelands previous ten games prior to the armenia game,, Ireland are no diddy team and yes we should be beating them but the steve clarke must go mob are a bunch of rockets,, lose the next game then yes we start to worry

Its a shocker of a result but fuck me its unreal how little leeway or slack that clarke is getting. No wonder no cunt wants the Scotland job. You take the team to its first world cup play off in years and you qualify for the first tournament in 22 years and you have supporters wanting you sacked after one horror result. 

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

after one horror result. 

It's not just one and it's not just the results though

It is the performances

6 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

It's not just one and it's not just the results though

It is the performances

What other results were bad? Ukraine are a tough team, same with czech rep. You could argue they are bad results but i am talking about games where we are expected to win and instead lost or drew. I cant think of many apart from the ireland game today. Maybe one of the israel games could be considered as bad but israel away is not easy game either. 

I think as a board we’re guilty of losing touch with reality, I’m as bad as anyone especially when we’re beating Denmark and Serbia but cmon “a talented generation” Robertson, Tierney and McGinn aye would probably have made any squad in the last 20 years and get games for most other European teams but Armstrong, Adams, dykes, Christie, Hanley, McGregor, Henry are bang average and inconsistent as a result. 

That’s not letting Clarke off the hook either, he’s made some bizarre decisions 

52 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I think as a board we’re guilty of losing touch with reality, I’m as bad as anyone especially when we’re beating Denmark and Serbia but cmon “a talented generation” Robertson, Tierney and McGinn aye would probably have made any squad in the last 20 years and get games for most other European teams but Armstrong, Adams, dykes, Christie, Hanley, McGregor, Henry are bang average and inconsistent as a result. 

I'm starting to think the same.

Losing Tierney is a bigger blow than I first thought. I'm not saying we are a one man team. I'd say the same if we had Tierney and lost Robertson or we had both and lost mcginn. I'll be on my own here but I put Patterson in this bracket, he's not world class like Tierney or Robertson but the system we play makes him a huge asset. 

1 hour ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Spot on 👍 

We’re just not half as good as some people seem to think we are. As for Ireland, I haven’t seen much of them but I did see them against Portugal and if the ref does his job properly they were winning that game comfortably so they’ve got something about them.

None of that is excusing last night however and we need to bounce back on Tuesday night. 

2 minutes ago, slasher said:

Spot on 👍 

We’re just not half as good as some people seem to think we are. As for Ireland, I haven’t seen much of them but I did see them against Portugal and if the ref does his job properly they were winning that game comfortably so they’ve got something about them.

None of that is excusing last night however and we need to bounce back on Tuesday night. 

I know we are not world beaters but we were played off the park by a team of journeymen.

no Stapleton, Lawrencen, McGrath, etc. never heard of most of their players 

I’m not sure how anyone can defend that type of performance. Diabolical, a team made up with Atleast half or premier league players getting pummelled by the worst Irish side in years (made up of English lower league players, apart from Diddy Duffy).

I’d class myself as one of the more patient people in our support, but my patience is starting to wear thin. Embarrassing performance and result.

let’s face it, the only way we got to the euros was via the back door! … who the answer is, I really do not know - but I’ve got serious doubts about Clarke being the answer now.

2 hours ago, Malcolm said:

I know we are not world beaters but we were played off the park by a team of journeymen.

no Stapleton, Lawrencen, McGrath, etc. never heard of most of their players 

Most folk outwith Scotland have never heard of the majority of our players either

9 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

What other results were bad? Ukraine are a tough team, same with czech rep. You could argue they are bad results but i am talking about games where we are expected to win and instead lost or drew. I cant think of many apart from the ireland game today. Maybe one of the israel games could be considered as bad but israel away is not easy game either. 

We once went 10 years without losing a competitive game at home. In the past 12 months we've lost three, both by two goal margins.

Go back a wee bit further and we've the 2-1 defeat to an average (by their standards) Russia team, where we scored from virtually our only chance and largely down to their goalie making a mistake. In the end they could easily have won more convincingly and it wouldn't have flattered them.

There's nae disgrace in losing to these teams - or Ireland - but like Ally said, it's not just the results it's the performances. We were pathetic for an hour against Ukraine and pathetic for 90 minutes yesterday.

4 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Most if not all of those "bang average" players would walk into the Ireland squad.

Of course, that doesn't mean we just need to turn up, go through the motions and expect to win - barely any of our players who were part of the sides that beat France in 2006/2007 would have got into their squad, but the French absolutely battered us in both those games.

Yesterday, we got battered again but this time by a team made up of players from teams like Birmingham City, Derby and Preston. Worse still - and this is what I find unforgivable - we created virtually no chances.

He’ll be given the September games as well I’d imagine but the pressure is definitely on, a loss on Tuesday and I doubt he’ll even see the end of the week, seen managers sacked for less.

I don’t know if I see us finishing top 2 of a Euro group so the Nations league is vital for us.

Also don’t know why the Denmark result is brought up as a huge positive, was an excellent performance absolutely but the Danes had nothing to play for. Any time we face any opponent who also needs the win we’ve laboured. The only big performance under Clarke for me was away in Serbia.

Home to Israel was a great buzz the way we won it but still feel we should’ve made it easier than that.

45 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Cant argue with any of that and it shows that our "on paper good run" could have been anything but.

Our good run was scraping 1-0 wins against the Faroes and Luxembourg. It’s not acceptable. 

14 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

The manner of the defeat to Ukraine was shocking, in what was a World Cup semi final!!!!

It was yet another submissive performance under Clarke, looked like the players took to the field with a massive inferiority complex and negative outlook, basically just sat back and waited to get beat!

Exactly the same approach as the games against Croatia at the Euros, and to a lesser extent versus Czech Republic at the Euros too.

There is no doubting that these teams are good, but there is no way we should be getting beat that easily against anyone, particularly at Hampden.

The home game against Russia was also very similar. Scored early in this one, which clearly went against the game plan, but then we just went back into our shells and took a beating!

It was the same negative approach versus Austria at Hampden also, just sat off and admired them play football around us for much of the game, was lucky to get a late equaliser in that one.

Yesterday was an absolute embarrassment, playing against worst Ireland team in my lifetime, lacking in confidence, and we went there and basically rolled over and went down without a fight!

What was Clarke’s game plan yesterday? Did he even have one? Players looked lost and unmotivated in what was a massive game for us, it’s simply not good enough.

Edited by Daz1982

4 hours ago, Eassy said:

He’ll be given the September games as well I’d imagine but the pressure is definitely on, a loss on Tuesday and I doubt he’ll even see the end of the week, seen managers sacked for less.

I don’t know if I see us finishing top 2 of a Euro group so the Nations league is vital for us.

Also don’t know why the Denmark result is brought up as a huge positive, was an excellent performance absolutely but the Danes had nothing to play for. Any time we face any opponent who also needs the win we’ve laboured. The only big performance under Clarke for me was away in Serbia.

Home to Israel was a great buzz the way we won it but still feel we should’ve made it easier than that.

Denmark also weren't at full strength. Also, remember we were playing Serbia in an empty stadium. Considering that Robertson virtually said Ireland won because of their home backing, imagine a partisan crowd in Serbia being there!

18 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Denmark also weren't at full strength. Also, remember we were playing Serbia in an empty stadium. Considering that Robertson virtually said Ireland won because of their home backing, imagine a partisan crowd in Serbia being there!

Conversely, you could use that argument with the Euros.

11 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

I remember at the time thinking we were lucky there were no home fans in Serbia. If a few thousand Irish watching their country's third favourite sport singing "come on you boys in green" is enough to induce such an weak-kneed performance, fuck knows what effect a stadium full of Serbs in Serbia one win away from a major finals would have on them. 🤣